Archinect
anchor

College Football '07

brian buchalski

are you daft man? the florida lsu game should be a good one, cincinnati rutgers should be fun and, of course, the trojans are going to slaughter the stanford football team like northern indigenous people slaugthering a seal...

Oct 5, 07 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

aaaahgh! that was unnecessary.

nope, just not feelin' it. never liked florida. have a hard time getting up for lsu. bama's playing houston (snore). i might just have to take the weekend off from college football.

Oct 5, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
ether

auburn vs. vandy! woot.

(zzz...)

Oct 5, 07 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

it's saturday morning and we need to start tailgating like champions!!!

Oct 6, 07 10:00 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

that looks like the worst tailgate ever, puddles. fanny packs and mom jeans. where's the bar-b-q?

Oct 6, 07 10:24 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

if you read the sign carefully you'll note that you are "entering trojan territory"...mom is the gate keeper...if you check your prejudices and come inside, all kinds of treats await you...

...aside from the numerous championships, you'll likely find...

...tasty hot dogs!...

...or perhaps you prefer delicious caviar?...

...and, of course, plenty of usc women

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and, oh my, cal is a bunch of nerdy dorks...

good job mom for keeping these guys outside

Oct 6, 07 10:56 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

damn, puddles, now that's a tailgate. i might become a trojan fan to crash that party (if mom will let me in).

Oct 6, 07 10:58 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

yeah...i love being a trojan! it just such a nice warm feeling.

Oct 6, 07 11:00 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

They have creams now for that "warm feeling".

Oct 6, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

So much for Wisconsin.

And Michigan State remains the most enigmatic, gloriously frustrating team in the history of college football.

Oct 6, 07 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

uh...puddles...better find a new favorite.

how about the cardinal?

Oct 6, 07 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Congratulations to Jim Harbaugh for finally earning his smirk. Glorious.

Oct 6, 07 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

it's too bad the rest of the country had to watch a dull ohio state-purdue game. stanford won with their second string quarterback who had never started a game before tonight. in the coliseum! amazing.

Oct 6, 07 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

LSU/Florida was a wild one too.

Oct 7, 07 12:02 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

HAHAHAHAHAHA...Stanford football hasn't mattered since Elway. I'm more pissed out how I have to root for Cal to carry the Pac-10 flag.

Fight On Cardinal!

Oct 7, 07 12:32 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

i wish i could see Ether on the street. I'd break his jaw.

btw, buckeyes won, again . Fuck Purde. bring it on assholes!

Oct 7, 07 1:19 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

missed in all the usc hub-bub. charlie tuna pulls through at the rose bowl. congrats domers!

Oct 7, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

On Saturday, there was one team in D1 football that looked worse than ND, and as fate would have it, Notre Dame was playing them. Yewklah had a walk-on true QB after Olson went out with an injury and he was rattled from the outset. In hindsight, UCLA would have been better off punting on first down every time they got the ball rather than giving up fumbles and interceptions with good field position to ND. ND had 140 yards of TOTAL offense and still one. Faith and begorrah. This is not the game that turns around the Domers season, although Clausen is looking more and more competent.

Oct 7, 07 11:46 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

clausen's stat line 17-27 for 84 yds. 84 yds?! that's 5 yds per completion. guess it's not too hard to complete two-thirds of your passes when you're throwing the ball backwards.

i can only imagine how awful it must have been to watch that game.

Oct 7, 07 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

W is all that matters...stats are stupid.

Oct 7, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

And George W. Bush doesn't pay attention to the polls. Not to be snarky, but in my book Win/Loss is a statistic.

Oct 7, 07 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

wow...my head is still spinning from that usc tailgate party but i can't believe the trojans lost. holy shit, i must be bad luck since as soon as i bailed on notre dame and joined the trojan bandwagon, the fighting irish win and southern cal loses.

but since i don't have the patience to deal with losers, i'm moving on to baton rouge to find out just how golden the golden girls really are.

go tigers!

Oct 8, 07 8:45 am  · 
 · 
ether

pray forgive eastcoastarch03. my sn must have somehow been hijacked during that last comment. i mean with comments like:

i just dropped studio. switching myself to CM. that's where the money is at.
why don't you get yourself some of those black glasses too. then you can really be part of the herd of sheep.
he sucks
ask him for a Fuck Frank Gehry shirt
its all about the bowl cut baby
there's a place here on campus called Burritos Noches open till like 2am. Man it makes me shit.
fuck 3dh. yet somehow, these threads still amuse me highly.
i think he's in coked out on 3DH. it dresses him up for the party, but never takes him there.
second of all, we are not going to do your "portafolio" for you.
sorry man.
do a search you Loser. that is spelled with one O by the way. there are plenty of freakin' threads that have to deal with this manner.
i think its funny when she goes "i was crawling away to save my life". i don't think his intent was to kill you lady. it was to keep your annoying, drunken, belligerent self from harming anyone. nice job trying to kick out that cop car window too, that was a valiant effort!
if you spit soo much you may need a bib
we should bring in the latino women. they're hot.
bet those 3dh hoes were drinking. because you know drinking and drawing can lead to casual sections!
it's all about those butt-end connections.
i bet Per doesnt have a sex life. 3dh is his bitch.

who would have thought you were such a beacon of insight and wisdom.

Oct 8, 07 9:14 am  · 
 · 
dml955i

You've got high standards ether - he is a Buckeye after all...

Oct 8, 07 9:38 am  · 
 · 
jae

Hail Dear Old State!

4 wins and its only halfway through the season! thats gotta be some kind of lame ass record for us lol

Oct 8, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

J.- That particular quote about Michigan State came from Michigan Alumnus/Loudmouth/Jackass Desmond Howard. Herbstreit has more class than that.

Oct 8, 07 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

wow, you spent all your useful time looking at my last comments? you must be busy in the field of architecture. i bet your work really sells.

Oct 8, 07 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

what? it's friday and nobody else is super duper excited about tomorrow's lsu tigers game? almost time to huddle up and get on our game faces...

Oct 12, 07 9:46 am  · 
 · 
ether
war eagle

words
Oct 12, 07 10:08 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Nothing quite like putting on a suit and tie and going to a football game.

Oct 12, 07 11:07 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

saturday morning everybody!!! time to get out of bed and head over to kentucky for the pregame tailgate. woo who, go tigers! time to get drunk & act stupid as lsu stomps all over those kentucky wildcats.
go tigers!

and of course, all southern cal trojan girls are welcome here if they'd still like to hang out with winners ;)

Oct 13, 07 9:11 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

once again, like every year, it's going to come down to michigan and o-state in the big ten.

if michigan lost hart today, that is going to be blow, but to look at things on the bright side, it might actually help open up the offense and give henne some more throws.

Oct 13, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

it looks like mark sanchez is giving a jimmy clausen-esque performance. you gotta love the overhyped prep qb coming in and laying an egg.

Oct 13, 07 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

is michigan going to finally be ranked? we've beaten 2 top twenty five teams now, i think we can all get over the asu thing.

Oct 13, 07 6:08 pm  · 
 · 

so much pain.... the perfect excuse to turn it off and do some homework, but I just can make myself.

Oct 13, 07 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

appy state community college i think will stick with them for another week or two. the problem with michigan is that all the teams they've beat have proven to be pretty bad. with the big ten down this year, it's hard to tell who's for real. purdue probably is not all they were cracked up to be, same goes for the illini. now that it looks like wisconisin is going down. o state might be the only team from the big ten in the top 25 this week. has that ever happened before?

Oct 13, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 

well, at least Joe McKnight's on the ball!

Oct 13, 07 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

That game was entirely too stressful for my first game as a Trojan. I still don't know who Sanchez is and I have no idea why everybody was doing that weirdo "V" thing the whole game. But it was fun and we won, and my favorite part was the band. They have neat-o hats. ;o)

And I think everyone has their own personal Appalacian State this year, don't they? We all have hurdles in life.

Oct 13, 07 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Holy sh*t! Go Kentucky!

(I was born and raised in KY and my whole family went there, so this is a legitimate joy for me)

Oct 13, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

puddles, you cursed another team. i think you're due to become an o-state fan.

Oct 13, 07 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Why does Notre Dame get to play whoever it wants?

Oct 13, 07 8:40 pm  · 
 · 

because they have not joined a conference, and because they draw huge TV ratings.

Oct 13, 07 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

what the hell happened to cal?!!!

they had the ball on their 10 and could not kick the field goal to tie!?!

Oct 13, 07 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ha ha ha, this year's list of upsets is out of control. I love it though. Notre Dame (despite the fact that they get to make their own schedule apparently) over UCLA is still my favorite. Somebody at USC started a Facebook group entitled "....AT LEAST IT WASN'T NOTRE DAME". LOL.

Oct 13, 07 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

at this rate, i'll be back on the notre dame bandwagon by the end of the season...but in the meantime...

GO BUCKEYES!!! WE'RE #1!!!!

oh, and of course i wouldn't be a true buckeye without...

world's coolest band

but please, please, please don't watch this...it's for your own good...really. most of our students are not that lame

Oct 15, 07 8:28 am  · 
 · 
ether

believe it or not, i thought of you puddles at the clock ticked down to zero and the UK fans rushed the field... i thought, "puddles has screwed another team... how long will this go on? will the madness never stop?"

Oct 15, 07 8:49 am  · 
 · 
myriam

seriously puddles, just keep it up.

this is a great year for college ball. my LSU-alum boyfriend was at the LSU-Kentucky game. Poor guy. The only thing good about that was that he didn't have to see the blown call the way all of us watching it on TV did.

Oct 15, 07 8:55 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Oregon State...where good teams go to die.

Oct 15, 07 9:00 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

ha ha...that's funny because i was thinking of all the hot buckeye tail i would be scoring this week.

GO BUCKEYES! FUCK MICHIGAN!!! YEAH!

Oct 15, 07 9:15 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Dave Thomas' Buckeyes now carry the #1 ranking that has spelled destruction for all who have preceded them. Will Michigan State be the ones to deliver the bad news?

Oct 15, 07 9:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: