Archinect
anchor

College Football '07

THEaquino

Memo to South Florida and Hawaii: "This is division 1 football, this ain't intermurals"

As much as I would love to see the WAC get more respect, they keep shooting themselves in the foot. One step foward, two steps back.

Go Ducks!

ONE MORE YEAR!

Jan 3, 08 9:56 am  · 
 · 
med.

WVU: 48
OU : 28

Bitch Fraudriguez WHO?

Jan 3, 08 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

it's saturday but instead of the big game today, we've got the last practice for the bcs championship game. it's cool to be in the big game but maybe i'm old fashioned and i really do miss when they played all of these things on new year's day. at any rate, when in rome...

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 5, 08 8:51 am  · 
 · 
ether

tigers win.

Jan 7, 08 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

geaux tigers.

go les!!!

Jan 7, 08 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
ether

where's eastcoast to eat his crow?

Jan 8, 08 12:08 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

So who is going to be number 2? Georgia or USC?

Jan 8, 08 1:53 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

neither was a very compelling victory. my vote: wvu.

Jan 8, 08 8:20 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

roll tigers! roll!!!!

[img]http://www.ece.lsu.edu/ipl/Images_and_Videos/IPL_Buttons/LSU%20Tigers2.jpg width=400[/i]

bcs champs!!!

lsu is clearly the best team this year...but i've got a hunch that the coaches poll will vote lloyd carr (or maybe even tom osborne) as a number 1 as a retirement bonus and we end up with split champions again.

at any rate, i'm so pleased the season has finally ended. i can't wait until next year so i can start cheering for my notre dome again. clausen is coming...

Jan 8, 08 8:42 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm too hungover to post pictures

bcs champs!!!

Jan 8, 08 8:43 am  · 
 · 
marimbaONE

PUDDLES _ I was gonna congratulate you on Ohio St being 0-9 against the SEC, but im confused. So you are an LSU fan now? I have posted a few of your words of wisdom below; you can see how some may be confused no?

"there's is no way...no way whatsoever that that bunch of sec pussies could beat the buckeyes. face it, the south east conference is a joke and that's why teams like lsu & florida can't hold a number one ranking for more than a week. they're like a bunch of hapless virgins...they might get, but they have no idea what to do once they are there.
keep creaming your pants you bunch of dumb southern hillbillies"

"top-to-bottom, the big ten is the best conference in college football. the south east conference is kind of like the mid-american conference of the south"

"BUCKEYES ARE #1!!!"

"GO BUCKEYES!!! WE'RE #1!!!!"

"marimbaone is clearly a member of that lliberal hippyhaven of closeted sodomites known as ann arbor. piece of shit scUM...take your stuck up, snotty ass off this thread or praise the big ten now"

"you're damn right youngstown, akron and kent state are awesome...and there the perfectly place for a pansy outsider like yourself to get started by appreciating football. serve your internship well enough and maybe you'll get to move upp to the big time...
...in the meantime keep your pansy ass thoughts to yourself, you retard
GO BUCKEYES!!!!"

"why don't you shut up...or at least make an effort to prove that the buckeyes aren't the best team in the world? oh, what's that? because you can't!!!
that's why!!!! we're number 1 and you're nobody but a jealous loser (that likes to "gently" place objects up your own ass*)!!!
don't like big ten country, then leave"

"ah...there's truly no better saturday morning milieu than a buckeyes tailgate..."

"...but i guess that's why were still NUMBER ONE!!! and apparently we're the only team man enough to hold onto the top ranking for more than a week
GO BUCKEYES!!!
and the rest of you (ether, 3wizmen, etc) can just...SUCK IT!!!!"

Jan 8, 08 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Mallet's out: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080110/SPORTS06/801100423/1055/rss20

2008 could be the one year out of every ten where State beats Michigan.

Jan 10, 08 11:23 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

as are arrington and manningham. there were going to be some growing pains with richrod reshaping the program, but for most m fans, it's "in rod we trust." no one is expecting a championship the first year, big ten or otherwise.

if um can pick up pryor, the freshman backfield of pryor and mcguffie will be very exciting.

Jan 10, 08 11:54 am  · 
 · 
med.

RR will be run out of Ann Arbor in a hand full of years. Don't get too comfortable with him. He doesn't care about you, your fans, your "tradition", or you history. He'll win you some games but it will come at a great expense that quite frankly I'm not sure that the University of Michigan is ready to sacrifice. Half of the schools operating budget will have to go to RR and his staff, he will ruin your AD and completely make a mockery out of your administration and want even more, he will demand to be recognized as the most important man in the state of Michigan, he will betray the trust of the entire fan base and piss everyone off, he will have a terrible attitude towards everyone and everything, and then in the end of the day when things are looking good, he will drop those pivotal games and instead of taking it like a man and own up to his mistakes, he will blame the players and not the coaches.

Don't think you've struck it rich (no pun intended) just yet.

Jan 10, 08 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

michigan fans are still enthused about richrod. i know wvu fans are still biting from the experience and with good reason, but you guys had a great bowl game and seem to have found a winning head coach who is dedicated to the team and the state.

michigan wanted something other than the typical "michigan man" in this coaching search; they wanted someone to bring innovation and refresh the program, and most feel that we got our man. it may come back to bite us in the future in which case we'll probably go out and try to hire another "michigan man" (maybe miles will have reconsidered by then), but for um fans these days, the future looks bright.

Jan 10, 08 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

manningham was a good receiver though. i think he will be missed.

Jan 10, 08 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
med.

WHEN it does come down to it and Michigan is quite deservingly bit in the ass, I will not be shedding any tears whatsoever -- they asked for it every step of the way. It's no offense to you in anyway, jafinder or some of you other fans of Michigan. I understand how excited you are and all that stuff, but it doesn't change WVU fan resentment towards the U. of Michigan in general. WVU athletics is pretty much all that the state of West Virginia has, and just like that you guys (like the Grinch who stole Christmas) came in and even took that away literally right before Christmas in such an evil and downright unscrupulous way.

The entire deal was, shady -- RR was being shady, unethical, sneaky, and deceitful, and it was the U. Michigan that was in cahoots with that behavior the entire time. It's our belief that UM had an apparent malicious feeling towards WVU and vehemently wanted to utterly destroy its athletics by taking away both the basketball and football coach as well as RR's entire staff. What does that tell people? It's that university's responsibility to instruct tomorrow's leaders as a leading public institution and if that is the type of ethic they will teach tomorrow's generation, then be REALLY REALLY afraid.

As for what Michigan fans, "wanted"... The only thing I can do is laugh out loud at that. If they wanted " change" so much, then why was RR the third choice man behind Les Miles and Greg Schianno? As for the future of WVU football, you are right about one thing, they will persevere but I will not be optimistic until there are 10+ win seasons down the entire column (anything else will be a failure) right away. Supposedly, Stewart has assembled a very decent staff and we'll just have to see what happens.

We have become so disillusioned and disenfranchised by the entire business that we dwill probably never trust anyone ever again. No other fans have felt so backstabbed, and so betrayed in the history of college football. We didn't deserve this. But we are a resilient institution and we've dealt with similar controversy before. If our program is destroyed 1000 times, we will rebuild it a 1000 times.

Jan 10, 08 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

jimmy clausen is going to own 2008

and after starting the season with the san diego state aztecs as a light appetizer, the 2008 heisman trophy winner is going to devour the tasty wolverines with their rodirquez & their fancy spread offense...sept 13th, south bend indiana...let the countdown to the slaughter begin! go irish!!!

Jan 10, 08 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

technical question: does anybody know how i can make the notre dame fight song start everytime you load up this page? wouldn't that be great?!

Jan 10, 08 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
LameArc

hey, sci_arc went undefeated this season, where's our love?

Jan 10, 08 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i'd love to see sci-arc take on southern cal in an exhibition game - young architects running in terror.

Jan 10, 08 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

archmed, enough. michigan is not trying to destroy wvu. as you said, he was the third choice. its pretty unfortunate to me that he didn't coach west virginia's bowl game, but don't take it so personally. rodriguez likely has had his eye on michigan for longer than they had their eyes on him. just look at the mountaineers new uniforms. no offense, but i would think you guys would've expected something like this to happen sooner or later.

Jan 10, 08 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Le Bossman, you are WAY off on this one. Don't pretend to know all about WVU football when you probably never even knew who Rich Rodriguez was or what the Spread offense was before December 16. He was flirting with Alabama last year and then said that WVU would be his last job but obviously lied. He'll do the same to all of you too so don't get all lovey-dovey with him just yet. He will give you a big fat well-deserved "fuck you" when the time comes.

And what the FUCK are you talking about with uniforms? The colors have have always been the colors that they are. If anything, they changed the collegiate block lettering (like Michigan has) back in 2002 into the more dynamic slanted design. That had nothing to do with RR.

If thethe University of Michigan had any ounce of decency and class thew would do the right thing and give WVU THEIR 4 million. I know that's chump change for UM but WVU really needs it. They've already weaseled their way out of 1 mill of John Belein's arrangement.

If it's anything, U of Michigan's athletic department wants to be like WVU. They are the school that is trying to take everything and destroy everything WVU has.

Jan 10, 08 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i was more thinking about the coaches uniforms, the one he actually wears

img]http://www.labs.net/schools/marion/nmhs/RichRodriguez5404.jpg[/img]

besides, michigan fans have known the word "spread offense" since we started losing embarrasing bowl games years ago. bill martin probably should give west virginia their money. i'm just saying...

Jan 11, 08 10:34 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

wait

Jan 11, 08 10:34 am  · 
 · 
med.

Only difference is that RR wears a hat to cover up his bad hair transplant.

Most coaches dress like that except for Joe Paterno and Jim Tressel.

Jan 11, 08 10:43 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Sci-arc hasn't had much of a football team since Tom Buresh took the head coaching job at Michigan.

Jan 11, 08 10:55 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

and sci-arc fans have been bitter ever since...

Jan 11, 08 1:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: