Archinect
anchor

College Football '07

marimbaONE

puddles makes no sense:

"there's is no way...no way whatsoever that that bunch of sec pussies could beat the buckeyes. face it, the south east conference is a joke and that's why teams like lsu & florida can't hold a number one ranking for more than a week. they're like a bunch of hapless virgins...they might get, but they have no idea what to do once they are there.

keep creaming your pants you bunch of dumb southern hillbillies

BUCKEYES ARE #1!!!"

Soooo ... u r an LSU fan now?

Nov 19, 07 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

look, i like lloyd, but come on. he will be fine, and he's getting a say in the new coach, which seals the deal that it won't be this miles guy from lsu.

Nov 19, 07 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

interestingly, apparently he had to sign a contract that if he left to coach at michigan, he'd have to fork over 1.5m to lsu. talk about insecurity.

i will miss lloyd, because he is a good looking, older guy, and because of 1997. but he didn't recruit any of those guys who dominated that season.

Nov 19, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

also, puddles has always been through and through a wolverine fan; he's just messing with you guys, and directing some sort of misguided rage he has about the architecture program both on himself and the football team.

Nov 19, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

espn in all seriousness threw out harbaugh's name as well as kirk ferentz's. wtf?! another silly choice out there - rich rodriguez. yeah, michigan's gonna start running the spread next season. ryan mallett ain't no pat white.

Nov 19, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

give us a two year transition - whoever we get, he will be good. we will win the national championship in 2010.

Nov 19, 07 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

btw that 1997 wolverine's team while good was no world better. their skill players on offense consisted of brian griese (qb), chris howard (rb - who?), and tai streets and russel shaw (wr - wasn't shaw a playwrite?). they did however boast a killer offensive line with steve hutchinson and jeff backus.

Nov 19, 07 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

for some reason i had the idiotic idea in my head that biakabatuka played that season. you are right.

Nov 19, 07 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Les Miles will not be the coach of Michigan just like Nick Saban wasn't going to the the new Dolphins head coach or the new Alabama coach, Steve Spurrier wasn't going to be the new Washington head coach and Dennis Erickson wasn't going to be the new ASU coach. You don't think Michigan couldn't build in a some kind of 1.5 million dollar bonus?

Jeff Backus on steaks: "if it's warm in the middle, it's over done"

Nov 19, 07 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

that's what i said, son

Nov 19, 07 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

but you non-michigan fans are pretty nervous. i can tell. your revolution is over.

Nov 19, 07 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Bring it. Lloyd Carr's departure is the best thing that could happen for Michigan State. The inevitable confusion that comes during a coaching change should slough a couple recruits to State that would have gone to Meechigan. Next year I think we will safely get to 8-4 during the regular season. We may even beat Northwestern.

For motivation, I guess I haven't understood why Miles would even want to leave the #2 school in the country. At LSU the football program is unhindered by any other consideration. At UM, he can expect to have fans that consider 11-1 a disaster (if the loss is to Ohio State), a tight leash for academics, and hellish recruiting competition from the school down South. Does he really love Ann Arbor so much? Someone also mentioned UC head coach/major jackass Brian Kelly as a contender. Jeez. And I think level heads have eliminated Ron English from consideration due to his career of late season let downs.

Nov 19, 07 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

wow...can't believe that nobody on archinect has an opinion on the harvard whooping of yale 37-6 this past weekend...ouch

unfortunately harvard doesn't top the ap poll so for another week i've got nothing on my mind except scoring hot cajun poon and stomping on the arkansas hogs this weekend. go tigers!!!

Nov 20, 07 9:11 am  · 
 · 
John Cline

Alabama/Auburn
50 yard line

A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Auburn/ Alabama game. As he sits down, a man comes down and asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him. "No," he says, "the seat is empty."

"This is incredible," said the man. "Who in their
right mind would have a seat like this for the Auburn/Alabama game, the biggest sporting event in the world, and not use it?"

He says, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Auburn/Alabama game we haven't been to together since we got married in 1987."

"Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible! But couldn't you find someone else, a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?".

The man shakes his head. "No, they're all at her funeral."

Nov 20, 07 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

yeah right, the friends and relatives would skip the game to go to her funeral. it's best not to be buried on a football saturday in alabama.

who's your pick, john? i'm taking bama despite last week's debacle against louisiana-monroe (who?). it's at bryant-denny, no?

Nov 20, 07 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

no no no, jafidler.. You're starting to worry! Has your lovely wife been working some subliminal witchery on you?!

The tigers all the way!

Nov 20, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

if i even breathed any auburn love in her parents' house, i would be immediately thrown out and divorce papers may follow depending upon how repentant i was. so yes, roll tide roll.

Nov 20, 07 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

Evil. Pure evil. That's the only way they are able to recruit fans these days.. And just when we were forging an honest friendship, you drop this anvil. No more! Thy is the enemy!

Nov 20, 07 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

you knew what i was marrying into, and in the name of marital bliss, alabama-auburn is not a battle i'm willing to fit.

rammer jammer yellow hammer give 'em hell alabama(r).

Nov 20, 07 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

I weep for you, jafidler. I truly weep. You've even seemed to adopt their ability to butcher the English language. A sad day it is today.

Nov 20, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

War Eagle!!!!!

Nick Saban is the greasiest coach ever.

Nov 20, 07 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

careful jafidler. we know they are racists, and homophobes.

Nov 20, 07 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

Saban is a douche!

Go tigers!!!

Nov 20, 07 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

you can't fuck with the bear, man.

saban is channeling the legend. bama is back, and it all starts with auburn this saturday.

Nov 20, 07 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I will admit that Oregon should have a better call than "Go Ducks". Which when properly said is one word, but alas it could be cooler.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Hook em Horns, Roll Tide, Go Blue, War Eagle, Fight On and You know the story...are all pretty fresh.

Nov 20, 07 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

which tigers, puddles?

Nov 20, 07 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i am partial to rammer jammer, though i have absolutely no idea what it means.

Nov 20, 07 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Apparently the Yellowhammer is the state bird of Alabama.

Nov 20, 07 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
ether

"Ware Damn Eagle" is the proper way it is yelled.. preferably with a beer in one hand and a streamer in the other.

Nov 20, 07 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Bear Bryant was a great football coach, and a slightly evil man. Nick Saban is a good football coach, and a totally evil man.

Saban is cut from the same cloth as Dennis Erickson, and hewould leave Alabama for Baylor at the end of the season for an extra ten bucks and free dry cleaning. In his wake he has left nothing but misery. He was at Toledo for one season. Saban dumped MSU shortly before a bowl game (after assuring the AD he would stay) to go to LSU. At LSU he managed to stay for 5 whole seasons before he went to Miami. And of course it was only after denying that he was going to take the Alabama job that he ended up going there. The dude is a privateer.

Nov 20, 07 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

janosh, after 12 weeks of "college footbal '07" you are revealing yourself to be a bitter spartan fan, to which i can only offer you this.

Nov 20, 07 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Being a Michigan State fan precludes embitterment - after a few years you just become a stoic.

Nov 20, 07 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

duh, obviously i'm talking about the number 1 lsu tigers!!!
saban is still a douche...and we've got the t-shirts to prove it...

although, i must admit that there is something alluring about young women sporting the bear byrant hat...

Nov 21, 07 8:16 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Puddles, time to start looking for hot Kansas cheerleaders. LSU goes down.

Nov 23, 07 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
ether

ouch.

Nov 23, 07 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

Oh brother..this is getting hardf to keep up with. I really picked the worst season to be a bandwagon fan.

Will it even be Kansa? Or is West Virginia or Missori headed to the top with a big win? Remarkably, Ohio State coule be I the thick of it...again... before the end of the weekend...

Nov 23, 07 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

Maybe it's time to move to iceland.

Nov 23, 07 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

It will be interesting to see what happens with Hawaii. Today's game vs BSU was pretty interesting - although the warriors are about as undisciplined as a team can be and still win, Jones system seems to be impossible to stop. There are just too many open men downfield on any given play.

Nov 24, 07 1:09 am  · 
 · 
ether

to use a saying i heard from a fellow archinector...

it's on like donkey kong.

war damn eagle.

Nov 24, 07 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
ether

6 in a row baby!

Nov 24, 07 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

it's saturday again and we have yet anothere #1 team...

go tigers!!!

Dec 1, 07 8:13 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

yeah im sure missouri is the best team in the country. until oklahoma beats em.

Dec 1, 07 8:55 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

That would be the worst thing ever as THE ohio state would get to play in the NC...

Dec 1, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

thank god that idiot miles isn't coming to michigan. there are much better coaches out there. watch lsu get squashed today by rocky top.

kirk herbstreit should be fired for that false report based off of rumors and speculation. it is not going to be lost on any michigan fan that herbstreit is a buckeye and that there is at least the perception of a certain degree of duplicity to herbstreit's actions. if espn is to retain any journalistic integrity herbstreit has to be at best disciplined.

Dec 1, 07 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

It may not have been a false report. Buzz on the ever jabbering football blogosphere is that interest (and perhaps a tentative offer) by Michigan may have prompted LSU to extend Miles' contract for wheelbarrows of extra cash as a preemptive maneuver. We probably won't know for sure until after bowl season is over.

Pellini is going to Nebraska. He is a great coach and an old-timey defensive mind. He should be able to turn the program around. I wonder how much of Callahan's failure might be attributed to being undercut within the institution by Osborne. Maybe with one of his own guys in there it will be different.

I was at the USC/UCLA game today. Worst game I've seen all season. UCLA couldn't move the ball at all. Although they were certianly atheletically overmatchted, what really killed them was a lot of suspect play calling. When the offensive line couldn't even slow down USC, UCLA was still calling deep passing plays with few underneath options. The only time they went for slants or quickouts were on 3rd and long. And with 6 minutes left in the game and down by 17, UCLA elected to punt on 4th down. Puzzling. I'm not usually one to advocate the quick hook for a coach, but maybe Dorrell should go.

Dec 1, 07 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

BCS:

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling... Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave... Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

Dec 1, 07 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

even worse...the buckeyes in the championship game.

Dec 2, 07 12:31 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

time for my bedroom makeover:

Dec 2, 07 1:10 am  · 
 · 
obelix

Stanford over Cal 20-13. The Axe returns to its rightful owner.

Dec 2, 07 2:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: