Archinect
anchor

Late Night Thread

colinrichardson

i just had to leave studio, because the damn art gallery is on fire... it's just annoying. the art schoo'ls senior show is on fire, or at least part of it is. i've always understood the sharing of a building with the art school as a good idea whos potential has never been realized. now i see it as a potential danger. i think it's time to build a wall, berlin-style

Apr 14, 07 12:14 am  · 
 · 
Katze

that's pretty funny:) Do you need help building the wall?

Apr 14, 07 12:16 am  · 
 · 
bucku

f**ck artists. wait i have a quote coming...

Apr 14, 07 1:32 am  · 
 · 
bucku

"thank god architecture is not art, because outside of the frame of the artistic looking glass, the architect faces the client and engages with questions of utility, economy and construction. architecture today is the lighter art. fine art has become heacy since it pronounced dead so often..."

Apr 14, 07 1:35 am  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

has architecture ever been pronounced dead? maybe irrelevant, but dead?

Apr 14, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Love that quote, bucku, but "heacy"? Is that a word?

Also, as I attended UM for two years, I can wholeheartedly agree with the art/arch wall. Those artists were so annoying. Of course I did end up marrying another former UM student who also happens to be an artist. Hmmmm.

Anyway - great diagram, too! Hope you don't have any smoke damage!

Apr 14, 07 11:45 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oh, and i know it's not late night, but it's noon and almost dark outside due to crappy Midwestern weather, so i'll call it late-like.

Apr 14, 07 11:46 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

it is not a pretty day unless you're a duck. but i am stayin in all day painting and drinking coffee...

Apr 14, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

i meant heavy, oops. it was late! it is supposed to read that fine art has become heavy since it is pronounced dead so often. architecture is lighter art, its a UNstudio quote by the way.

Apr 14, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 

bucku | lb you see we wouldn't of noticed the spelling when view late at night

curious as to this wall...is it like the one to keep out mexicans from cutting californians' lawns?

Apr 15, 07 1:59 am  · 
 · 

vado when are we going to see these paintings? I am assuming its fine art versus manual labour

Apr 15, 07 2:05 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

The "Fence to Nowhere" they're building at the border arch? Last i heard its only gonna cover 700 miles of new fence. The way our government deals with the border issue is dump some money into arbitrarily whenever we start bitching about come voting time. They'll never actually do anything.

Apr 15, 07 3:20 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

it's six fiddy five. am doing laundry and drinkin coffee and listening to vermont public radio's classical webstream and reading the chicago trib online.

Apr 15, 07 6:57 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

it's past midnight, and this thread needs revived.

Anyway i finally saw the Big Lebowski today, seems to be a big cult hit here on archinect. It was pretty funny movie and I don't think I've ever seen John Goodman deliver a better performance.

Apr 16, 07 12:30 am  · 
 · 
bucku

i really need to see that movie. it looks pretty good. thanks for revisiting the thread. i need somewhere to view random ass comments throughout the night.

Apr 16, 07 12:34 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Random ass comment:

"Just because you don't have alot of money to spend is no reason you shouldn't spend what little you have."

-George Carlin

I may actually post some of his short bits in here, doesn't seem to get any more randomer than that.

Apr 16, 07 12:40 am  · 
 · 
bucku

if carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up.

mitch hedberg

Apr 16, 07 12:50 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

funny, i didn't think they said "fuck" that often in the movie...

Apr 16, 07 1:10 am  · 
 · 
Katze

OldFogey & Apurimac!!! I think vado posted a youtube clip on the Big Lebowski a while back and I don't remember how many times the "f" word was said, but it was a heck of a lot!!! too funny...

Apr 16, 07 1:24 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Yeah, that was what OF was referenceing, i also saw something similar for pulp fiction.

"I'm a mushroom cloud layin motherfucker motherfucker! Everytime i touch pieces of brain, i'm superfly TNT!"

Apr 16, 07 1:26 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

hey, we've got people here trying to solicit us for grad school decisions and homework assignments, anybody wanna do my housing project?

Apr 16, 07 1:37 am  · 
 · 
bucku

i need a site model done. i am willing to pay. feel free to do my resin model over again too.

Apr 16, 07 1:44 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

"HEY MAN, ILL SUCK YER DICK!!!!" "C'MON MAN! JUST ONE MODEL MAN! THAT'S ALL I NEED MAN!"

Archinect crackheads...

Apr 16, 07 1:53 am  · 
 · 

that sounded like a Chris Rock impersonation of a crackhead - awkward to say the least

Apr 16, 07 2:00 am  · 
 · 
Katze

yeah, as long as we are soliciting, i need someone to clean my house before my parents come - any takers?

Apurimac - sounds like you are preaching from crack head transvestite center!!! are you on bush street in san francisco? :)

Apr 16, 07 2:01 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

sorry, my crackhead impersonations are hard to do over the net.

And yes Katze, I'm on Bush st. in san fran, doing AutoCAD on my lappy while blowing some dude to put my model together.

Oh, and I'm dressed like this guy:

Apr 16, 07 2:15 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

dammit! How do i resize, that picture was funny.

Apr 16, 07 2:15 am  · 
 · 
Katze

oh geeze!

do this:
(img)some image here.jpg width=400(/img)

and replace the parenthesis with brackets :)

Apr 16, 07 2:20 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

like this?

Apr 16, 07 2:23 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Dammit

Apr 16, 07 2:24 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

ah! there it is.

Apr 16, 07 2:24 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

*peaks head in* am I going to get snapped at for talking in here =P

Apr 16, 07 2:28 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

no, im too tired to get pissy at this point

Apr 16, 07 2:29 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

score!

Haha no, I need coffee, I sohuld go to tim hortons. Free coffee for employees. I don't know if I should walk around in surrey at night alone.

Apr 16, 07 2:31 am  · 
 · 
Katze

apurimac - oh shit!!! what a pur-dy dress

wtf - get to work on your paper! This is meaningless B.S.!

Apr 16, 07 2:31 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

LOL

Katz, you ain't gonna leave that poor girl alone are you?

Apr 16, 07 2:34 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

god damn it. I don't want to.

Its a stupid paper.

Actually that CAD vs Hand sketching is going to put her to sleep.

Maybe she will drool so I can just hand in a blank piece of paper and say she drooled away my work =P

Apr 16, 07 2:36 am  · 
 · 
Katze

apurimac - no, not until I see an A+ on that paper :) you can do it wtf!

Apr 16, 07 2:39 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

god how nerdy am I, and i can't even motivate to fucking work on this housing project for longer than 5 min at a time

Apr 16, 07 2:41 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

yah right, this drafting teacher is a witch, shes just mad that I know how to use autocadd better then her.
/pouts

I'm working on it, I got a tab space at the beggining.

I like to start essays with thaught provoking questions.

I can't think of one.

Apr 16, 07 2:45 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i think i'm one addiction away from pretty much turning into this guy:

Apr 16, 07 2:49 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

johnny cash!

<3

hes amazing.

Apr 16, 07 2:58 am  · 
 · 
Katze

are you walk'in the line, are you hurt, are you a bird on a wire,
or maybe you are jonny cash does elvis?

Apr 16, 07 2:58 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

omg <3 that was horrible and funny.

because I love them both muchly.

actually you would never guess what band I am in love with <3

I'll give you one hint, they did a lot of performances at a place they called UFO in the late 60s

Apr 16, 07 3:02 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

katz, that was good.

Apr 16, 07 3:09 am  · 
 · 
Katze

I give up - who? The Bee Gees?

Apr 16, 07 3:10 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

Pink Floyd <3

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved them
My dad listens to them constantly.
I'm getting a tattoo of the dark side prism
with music notes flowing threw it instead of a beam of light and rainbow.

The notes are from brain damage lines "and if the band your in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the darkside of the moon"

I'm not putting the lyrics, but I'm putting "RIP uncle paul I'll see you on the dark side of the moon" above it.

Its in memory of my uncle, and I'm getting it on my lower back.

Uncle left me his pink floyd CD and record collection ( he was also my god father )

The balls on my tongue piercing bar have dark side prisms on them too =D

Apr 16, 07 3:14 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i knew you were going to say that, i didn't know they hit the road till the early 70s.

So, Pink Floyd, you like Bowie too? If yes, you may be the ideal architect student stereotype.

Apr 16, 07 3:18 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

oh yah they actually got together in architect school. Well Roger Waters, Nick Mason and Rick (last name?) did.

They didn't produce anything tell the 70s.

David Bowie? Hell yes.

ACDC, GNR, Metallica, Scorpions, Queen, White Snake, Supertramp.

Stuff along that line.

Apr 16, 07 3:22 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

yep, and Richard Rogers was apparently a prof.

Apr 16, 07 3:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: