Archinect
anchor

Late Night Thread

snooker

Sqeeking in after hours.....getting ready for a Saturday Dog and Pony Show.....Wish me LUCK.

Mar 31, 07 8:54 am  · 
 · 
bucku

what does the color blus taste like?

Mar 31, 07 10:30 pm  · 
 · 

Katze- it's just some pro bono work, for a historic preservation cause. Trying to get money to fix up an old house.

Mar 31, 07 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

sounds like a great cause; I support historic preservation - if you need help drumming up $ I'd be happy to talk it up (word-of-mouth) – if you have any info please pass it along. Do you have a website to generate funds/donations? Info about the project?

Mar 31, 07 11:43 pm  · 
 · 

It's a house from the late 19th century, from a neighborhood that used to be home to the social elite of Los Angeles (a member of the Chandler family- as in the LA Times Chandlers- used to live there). Most of the homes in the area have either been razed or remodeled into unrecognizability, and this is the most well-preserved one left on the block. It's owned and operated by an architecture fraternity, so there's a lot of love for it, but also a lot of misplaced experimentation. The website is here, but you may want to wait a few weeks to do much promoting, as we've still got to flesh out the content. We're hoping to apply for a Getty Grant next year, but those are pretty hard to come by, so any word of mouth type help we can get would be awesome!

Apr 1, 07 12:02 am  · 
 · 

so had a double helping of chinese food today, and well I really enjoyed it. Something about eating from bamboo chopsticks makes me feel more connected with nature and well my food!!

Apr 1, 07 12:06 am  · 
 · 
Katze

rationalist - what a beautiful house! I'll definately talk it up. Good luck on the Getty Grant and keep us posted on the progress...have you thought about holding a fundraiser event? Maybe you could do something like an auction to generate funds for the project... Get businesses to donate product and auction it off at a dinner party. Just a thought:)

Apr 1, 07 12:27 am  · 
 · 

yeah, we're still brainstorming ideas. Unfortunately we have to tread delicately, because our donor base is also USC School of Architecture's donor base, and we've been told to stay away from certain people (basically the people with the most $$$) because the school was working with them on a recent project.

Apr 1, 07 12:31 am  · 
 · 
Katze

Sounds like an opportunity to branch outside of the USC boundaries…as my boss says "start thinking outside of the box" :) I'll let you know if I come across any foundations that would sponsor such a cause – one comes to mind but they specifically focus on donations within the San Francisco area so I don't think your project would qualify. I'll let you know if I come across other foundations that might have an interest or other out-of-the-box ideas.

Apr 1, 07 1:06 am  · 
 · 
Starland Vocal Band

Hmmmm.

Awake, and drunk. Anyone?

(I'm not planning on launching a non-profit web site tonight but I support the rights of those who do)

Apr 1, 07 2:39 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

katze my cat was sitting in a box yesterday. it was precious.

Apr 1, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 

well its my honour & duty to wake up the late night thread on this april's fools day and being an april fool myself (born on the 12th) it is indeed a privilege.

Apr 1, 07 11:55 pm  · 
 · 

so unto the important topics

did anyone watch the Tudors on Showtime....

Apr 1, 07 11:56 pm  · 
 · 
Starland Vocal Band

i don't have showtime. i'd like to see it though. was it good?

happy birthday in advance, i know i'll forget....

Apr 2, 07 12:10 am  · 
 · 

thanks...for the birthday wishes

tudors was pretty good its a great way to catch up on your Monarch history albeit with a grain of a directors | editors salt. But the cinematics make it worth it - very entertaining

Apr 2, 07 12:13 am  · 
 · 
bucku

hey my b-day is saturday! i will be sitting on my ass in the studio preping for my final shiznit. lots of fun.

Apr 2, 07 2:20 am  · 
 · 

happy birthday to you bucku when it comes

Apr 2, 07 2:26 am  · 
 · 
bucku

and to you my friend.

Apr 2, 07 2:52 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

alright, now taking applications for sugar momma. I'm so damned tired of these grad school hours.

Apr 2, 07 3:07 am  · 
 · 
bucku

i have this friend who is dating a lawyer. lucky bastard. doesnt pay for a thing. i cant explain too much. my gal is a nurse.

Apr 2, 07 3:55 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Kill The Brick

Apr 2, 07 4:09 am  · 
 · 
Starland Vocal Band

vindpust: bringing hilarity to the world wide web since 2006

Apr 3, 07 12:00 am  · 
 · 

did a little retail therapy...looking forward to doing a little more tomorrow

bought shoes in a place that reminded me of an apartment, i did wonder if we were making 5 finger discounts in someone's pad but i quickly forgot that when I found the shoes i was looking for

Apr 3, 07 12:14 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I either need to get some sleep (only got 3hrs last night) or get back to work.

Apr 3, 07 12:35 am  · 
 · 
silverlake

Just got back from watching the Buckeyes' lose another national championship to Florida.... For fucks sake, if we haven't got sports, whatta we got?!

Apr 3, 07 12:36 am  · 
 · 
Katze

kill the Roman

Apr 3, 07 12:52 am  · 
 · 
Katze

Hey! Happy b-day architechnophilia & Bucku!!!

Apr 3, 07 12:53 am  · 
 · 
snooker

9:00 Happy Face: Just rolled in from a Zoning Board of Appeals hearing for one of my projects. We had 100% support of our variance. I'm so damn relieved, now I just have to figure out how the heck I'm going to get the working drawings done. Working on Cloning myself.

Apr 3, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

vado, tell that kitty to go wash some dishes!!!

Apr 3, 07 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

thanks katze!
i ate dinner with my folks tonight and they brought it up. i keep forgetting it is coming with all of the other crap going on. if it wasnt for relatives, i would completely let it go by and not care.

Apr 3, 07 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
n_

my parents, gf, and i just split 3 bottles of wine on a rainy evening while eating arroz con pollo. life is perfect.

Apr 3, 07 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

i love wine

Apr 3, 07 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

wine and arroz con pollo - how could you go wrong! :)

Apr 3, 07 11:49 pm  · 
 · 

finally got my battery charger - camera all set + ready - pictures galore

Apr 4, 07 12:58 am  · 
 · 
bucku

so what is arroz con pollo? i suppose it has something to do with chicken?

Apr 4, 07 2:11 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

arroz con pollo = rice with chicken

Apr 4, 07 2:20 am  · 
 · 
bucku

10-4

Apr 4, 07 3:06 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

The wind is howling outside right now.....a couple of hours ago it was 48 and the temperature has been dropping ever since. It's also driving those tiny little red spiders inside (apparently)....I've killed a couple walking across my computer screen. Note to creatures: you are not welcome on my Mac.

Apr 4, 07 10:47 pm  · 
 · 

hmmmm arroz con pollo

Apr 4, 07 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

WK - you've been walking across your computer screen? :)

Apr 4, 07 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

LOL

If anyone is up late enough to watch Jimmy Kimmel tonight, the Mayor of my "fine" city will be on to discuss his mediocre attempt at a first pitch to start baseball season on Monday. Sounds like it will be funny...

Apr 4, 07 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

i saw that video on youtube. HE SUCKS! it was hilarious tho.

Apr 4, 07 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

OK, I forgot to mention, something really crazy is going down outside my window right now....first there was a guy honking his horn for about 10 minutes, then the police came, and now a lady cop is shouting at him. I think they think he's on drugs or something. I'm glad this didn't happen when my family was here earlier!

I hope this doesn't go on for too long, I do need to sleep.

Apr 4, 07 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

my sister caught some robbers stealing the plasma screen tvs from the model home intheir neighborhood the other day. the story was quite funny when she told it to me but now she thinks that one of them is going to come after her since they only caught one of them.

Apr 4, 07 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

late night's fer dancin'!

Apr 5, 07 12:24 am  · 
 · 

the flat screen was a birthday gift bucku - just accept it and keep quiet

Apr 5, 07 12:25 am  · 
 · 
Katze

WK - can I come over to your house? You are definately having more fun and action at your place!

Apr 5, 07 12:33 am  · 
 · 
bucku

i hope it is a birthday gift! i did get a nikon d50 for chri'mas tho. that was the nicest gift ever. the flat screen may top it out! you have any b-day wishes?

Apr 5, 07 12:44 am  · 
 · 

nothing for public air play bucku...i'm kidding

oddly I did look at the d50 >> sweet camera...

but my mind is on functionality at the moment a smart phone and a mobile hard drive (fearful of having another crash)

Apr 5, 07 1:20 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

FRaC- lemme join in

Apr 5, 07 1:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: