Apr 16, 07 3:35 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

professor

Apr 16, 07 3:36 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

ahh, I didn't know that.

I read inside out by nick mason, amazing book.

Apr 16, 07 3:38 am  · 
 · 
Katze

wtf - you done with that second paper yet? or are you still multitasking and dropping IQ points? :)

Apr 16, 07 3:56 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

I have my information, and I'm organizing it now.

It will take me like 30 minutes to write once its organized.

Apr 16, 07 4:00 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Red Bull and break time...

Apr 16, 07 4:38 am  · 
 · 
Katze

good advise apurimac...

Apr 16, 07 4:43 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

shit, the red bull ain't workin. I may have to take a nap. I guess getting 5hrs of sleep sunday mornin didn't help my situation.

Apr 16, 07 5:08 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

yah right forget red bull

I don't know the name of this thing but I will find out
But its a drink like red bull but much more efficient.
My Demo/haz mat boss troy gave me it one day
I had gone to bed at 4am, and he phoned me and begged me to come work at 6am.
He offered me pay and a half, and energy drinks =P
I get paid by the site not hour, I get around 100-200 a site depending on size and how well the sites are done.
They usually take like 5-8 hours each.
2 job sites that day, both big houses, 175 for one 200 for the other.
He gave $565, though it was a 15 hour day, thats like 38 an hour.
and he took me drinking afterwards.
haha I love troy, hes the awsomest old person I know.

well essays done, gotta get up in 5 hours for school, guess whos stopping at tim hortons on the way?

Apr 16, 07 5:11 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

if only cocaine wasn't so expensive...

Apr 16, 07 5:16 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

hahaha, and dangerous?

want something cheep that will keep you up for hours??
XTC.

Apr 16, 07 5:19 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

whatthefuk,

Want something that makes you cheap and keeps you up for hours ?

Become an architect.

Apr 16, 07 5:23 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

oh jeeze, trying to discourage me from becoming an architect? =P

haha I know its not the best paying job at times, and that it takes a lot of work.

But I love it.

Apr 16, 07 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

i hate archiecture....
woe is me.

Apr 16, 07 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

me too bucku, me too

Why does it always rain on me?
Is it because I lied when i was seventeen?

Apr 16, 07 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

wtf? i am really sad that i missed out on the pink floyd discussion. roger waters just had a show here in the atl on saturday night. i fuggin missed it tho. and the june tool show sold out in like 15 mins. both would be great shows.... :(

Apr 16, 07 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

You in A-town bucku? How's my old town holdin' up?

Apr 16, 07 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

hey have you seen this yet?
link
jean nouvel is a crazy mother

Apr 16, 07 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

its holding up ok. i dont know when you were down last but they are killing some developments within the city. it is really growing. its good. i fuckin hate the suburbs. they are my enemy. hows nyc? i love it up there. cant wait for grad school.

Apr 16, 07 10:14 pm  · 
 · 

such a pity i no longer jaunt to Atlanta anymore... would of been nice to have an archi-play date there. Instead of being stuck with all those publicists (my former fiance). I was like pulling teeth to go see the Piano extension

Apr 16, 07 10:39 pm  · 
 · 

anyone studio in Gainesville? I just heard Karl Thorne speak this evening. Curious to his students impression of him

Apr 16, 07 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

Its 10:38, my eyes are getting heavy

Im just now starting the assignment

4-6 pages on a historical figure

Chicago style documentaion, with foot notes and a title page

the guns and roses cd is on track 3

and i am in no way motivated to complete this assignment

this is:

THE BLAIR HISTORY PROJECT

Apr 16, 07 10:44 pm  · 
 · 

is that supposed to be a take on the Blair Witch Project?

Apr 16, 07 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

gainesville? they have architects up there? haha. i dont know of anyone up there. only this civil firm i used to work for who had an office located there. there arent really any more firms that are very worth it around here. still primarily coporate. the atlanta job discussion did list some new firms that are quite talented. they just havent gotten really known yet.

i hate writing papers. i think i am supposed to have a rough draft of my thesis book next monday. i have four pages of text. thats all. doesnt look like it is going to happen. not with jury the same day.

Apr 16, 07 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Was just in town last xmas. I miss it from time to time, I like the weather, and the trees. My folks live out in the brubs, but they moved there way back when it was mostly farms and woods. Now it is surrounded by Mc. Mansions. My old neighborhood has gone to shit.

It's april in NYC, it is unseasonably cold and seasonably wet, so i'm not liking it too much right tnow.

Apr 16, 07 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

You mean Gainesville. FLA archie? U of F territory?

Apr 16, 07 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

hey Apurimac - i have that CD...:) oh wait, I don't anymore b/c someone stole it out of my car.

Apr 16, 07 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

BEEEEEEEEER. my friend just spotted me a killians for motivation.

Apr 16, 07 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

that blows man. I'm suprised i haven't heard more archinectors expressing an interest it Travis, i figured the two may go together.

On a realted note, i am debating with myself about wether or not "Holiday in Cambodia" may be the best punk rock song ive come across. I love me some Dead Kennedys.

Apr 16, 07 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

GNR =O what CD?!

Woahhh Socials home work, 16 questions on ww2 woot.

Apr 17, 07 12:23 am  · 
 · 

Apurimac I went to a lecture by Karl Thorne, FAIA - just wondering what former students thought of him

Apr 17, 07 12:53 am  · 
 · 
Philarch

I am still unable to organize my thoughts about the VT incident, and I'm hundreds of miles away. I wonder how they are coping. I even called my ex (who I vowed I would never talk to again half a year ago) because she just graduated from VT and works on campus. I'm once again in that mode where every thing seems so trivial.

Apr 17, 07 1:03 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hang in there, Philarch. My aunt, whose son in law is in Iraq, told me that she remembers this when she's frustrated with all the laundry she has to do for her four kids: doing your loved one's laundry is a joy because it means they are near to you. Mundane things can be either trivial or a blessing.

Apr 17, 07 1:08 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

can't sleep, clowns'll eat me!

i just got up after tossing and turning for a couple of hours. i gave up, turned the lights on, busted out my sketchbook (which i hadn't so much as spilt a drop of ink onto in nearly two months) and filled up a few pages.

the creative juices are back!!!

Apr 17, 07 4:25 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

I'm an artist to, post some drawings?

Apr 17, 07 4:27 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

sorry dude, no drawings... yet!

i was just jotting down notes for an idea for a project a friend of mine proposed. we're still brainstorming, but it's a really cool project, and i definitely want to share it with you guys, but now is not the time.

as soon as we get the ball rolling, i'll post it up!!!

Apr 17, 07 4:39 am  · 
 · 
Philarch

Thanks LB.

I'm wearing my VT T-shirt right now. Underneath a sweater only because its too cold for just the T-shirt.

Apr 17, 07 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
n_

'So what do you do?'

'Well, I'm an architect' [please note the lowercase 'a' in my situation]

'Ohmigod, you must love The Fountainhead. It's my favorite book. I mean, you've read it, haven't you?'

After years and years of holding my head in shame as I respond that I haven't quite gotten to The Fountainhead in my knee-buckling load of books, I am finally on a mission to read it. I started this weekend and, as of seven minutes ago, I'm on page three hundred and thirty seven.

My late night threads are no more until the full story of Howard Roark is embedded in my head.

Apr 17, 07 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

n_, I am another embarrassed soul that has not read the book. Could you do me a favor - rather than reading, could you talk into a microphone and make an audio book tape? That will save me some time - I can listen to it in my car while I am driving :)

Apr 17, 07 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
JuStWaTcHhOwArD!
Apr 17, 07 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

Vado saved me! Halleluiah!

Apr 17, 07 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

well that was fun.

I wanna read that book someday, but there is something about objectivism, i can follow its reasoning, but it just seems so extreme.

Apr 17, 07 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

One of many attempts at a Columbia vs. thread I made last year. I thought it was funny, anyway.

Apr 17, 07 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

there you go dubs, i liked it so much i necroed for ya

Apr 17, 07 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

that thread is just a few posts away from being the next Thread Central WK!

Apr 17, 07 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

like many columbia vs. threads it died before its time i'm afraid, replaced by poser threads like columbia vs. usc

Apr 17, 07 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

great, now the VT thread has gone down the racist route.

Apr 17, 07 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

i havent read that book wither. dont really care to yet. perhaps after i read any of the many books that i have intended to read that are on my shelf.

Apr 17, 07 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Actually, I always thought this video was a pretty nifty summation of The Fountainhead.

Apr 17, 07 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

why dint you warn me that it was a madonna video?

Apr 17, 07 11:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: