Archinect
anchor

Late Night Thread

luco

wow .... i did a maximum of 51 hrs. once non stop .. not even a nap ...... that was in college .. and i was both motivated and determined and angry ... and bla bla

now in office .. nothing that inspirational has happened since ages for me to slog that long .....

300 sucks!!

Apr 23, 07 5:17 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

there's not a chance in hell im pulling another massive burn session for this housing project, i don't love it enough. I can relate.

300 rules!!

Apr 23, 07 5:21 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

looks like i will have to pull a massive burn session, i am also entering my 37th hour without sleep.

Apr 23, 07 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

seriously though, where are my fellow night owls at?

Apr 23, 07 11:12 pm  · 
 · 

relax I'm here...brb (checking out the other posts)

Apr 23, 07 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

fellow night owl, checking in.

not too late here actually, only 10:15 PST.

working on shit i should've finished this afternoon, but then life got in the way.

i cooked a ridiculously kick-ass dinner though, the sleepy effects of which have finally worn off and i might now be productive. not.

Apr 24, 07 1:15 am  · 
 · 

its quarter to 1 - going cricket tomorrow see yah

Apr 24, 07 1:42 am  · 
 · 

I had much that I wanted to add to the late night thread tonight...however I have an early morning as i'm doing an all day critique as a jury member.

Apr 24, 07 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

one day, i too want to be on the other side of the firing line

Apr 24, 07 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

this is what my crits look like:

im the asshole with the blindfold

Apr 24, 07 11:54 pm  · 
 · 

but i wanted to comment about and seek contributions from those who've made the transition from architecture student to jury member. Important those that easily remember the emotions, et al when they were students.

Apr 24, 07 11:55 pm  · 
 · 

I know it was a previous thread, but its one of those that veered.

I was curious as a late night discussion for us to mull over, as many in the lnt are in fact students and facing final (semester) critiques very soon | and i felt it would be a great way to blow off some steam and share with you what I look at, am interested in, and comment on now as a juror

cheers enjoy the night thread wid out mi

Apr 24, 07 11:56 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

lemme know how it goes. Hopefully one of the crits will be total dick and cause major emotional havok so you can come entertain us with stories of young egos crushed.

Apr 25, 07 1:21 am  · 
 · 

hah hah Apu it wasn't so bad. However I found mylself need coffee every second hour and once I kept making funny sounds to stop the poor guy from talking. finally when he stopped, I told him there wasn't much for me to say because he didn't draw it and went downstairs for coffee

f*cking wasting my time when i needed a coffee fix, bugger was lucky I was so nice.

Ah

Apr 25, 07 10:23 pm  · 
 · 

tomorrow should be more fun.

Graduate students present some interpretations of their select readings from the year, and represent then in visuals (2d or 3d)

Apr 25, 07 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

LOL, oh man. "I'm sorry, but i need a coffee fix, and your project is so boring it makes flies fucking look like Angelina Jolie having lesbian sex with Cameron Diaz."

Apr 25, 07 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Crap. I just saw a mouse in my kitchen.

I really thought that was one of the very few benefits of leaving the Philly rowhouse neighborhood - no party-wall-shared house vermin.

A fucking mouse. Crap.

Apr 25, 07 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Do you want me to bring my cat over? she's bored lookin out the window...

Apr 25, 07 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

She a good mouser? I think the problem is since Gus died I still haven't gotten in the habit of cleaning up the bits of food I drop - he was such a good vacuum!

Apr 25, 07 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

get a guinea pig. for some reason mice will clear out if you have a guinea pig. someone told this to me and i believe it.

Apr 25, 07 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Trading one rodent for another? No way. I'd feel guilty putting out a trap for a guinea pig, but not for a mouse.

Can't get a cat as my big roommate is severely allergic and the small one seems to be showing signs of the same affliction. Besides, though I like cats, I have a severe mental allergy to litter boxes.

Apr 25, 07 11:47 pm  · 
 · 

hmm i second the litter box feeling

but discarding of dead rat/mouse in a trap is equally unpleasant in my view

Apr 25, 07 11:52 pm  · 
 · 

model of the site

student presenting pre-coffee

Apr 25, 07 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

that mouse could be a mommy!

Apr 25, 07 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

I live in one of those Philly rowhouses...and recently I had a staring contest with a mouse eating my food - after which the mouse kept eating away. I decided not to get a mouse trap because a mouse that brave deserved whatever food I had laying around.

And because everyone is complaining we don't have enough architectural threads - I was watching the movie MY ARCHITECT while lounging in my 'Le Chaise Longue' by Corbu while running a rendering on my computer, all while wearing a black turtleneck.

Apr 26, 07 12:21 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I have a family of mice living in the wall of my dorm room. I've caught three of them. One escaped and the other two were released into a nearby park. The little fuckers keep eating the candy in my drawer.

On top of that, i just screamed my head off at an inanimate object (structures model) and i feel like a total jackass. I want this semester to be over already. I haven't slept more than 5 hours in the past 2 and a half days.

Apr 26, 07 12:48 am  · 
 · 

"my big roommate" I love you LB, you're so cute.

Apurimac- isn't that something your school should be dealing with? If there had been a family of mice in my dorm room, I'd've been telling USC where to shove it when they asked for rent!

Apr 26, 07 1:02 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i guess i don't give a shit, its a minor annoyance. They just eat some food every now and then. They don't even show up if i keep the room clean (i.e. devoid of pizza boxes). I really should bitch, but hey...

Apr 26, 07 1:05 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i used to work with this guy who was pretty crazy...years ago this was...and he told me that his cat was pissing all over his house.

one day he comes back to work and says hey, mightylittle, my cat stopped pissing all over the house.

so of course i said, hey, monk (because that was his name, monk) what did you do?

and he says "well, i had this brilliant idea, so i grabbed the cat, put it in the bath tub and i pissed all over it."

he claims the cat never pissed in the house again.

Apr 26, 07 1:12 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

LOL

Apr 26, 07 3:49 am  · 
 · 

that is hilarious
pissing on the cat...lol

Apr 27, 07 2:52 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

true story. really.

Apr 27, 07 3:30 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Checkin' in from ATL tonite, any of my ATL ppl gettin ready for final projects on a friday night?

Apr 27, 07 11:58 pm  · 
 · 

so I finally saw the Lake House...I'm wondering if anyone noticed the subtle use of architectural tools (mayline & set squares to depict the past vs the computers for present day). It was well played. However the past was meant to be 2004 and the present 06. wtf?

Nonetheless keanu reaves seems to suck at character development sside from NEO of course. But he played a believable architect. As did his dad in the film (kinda remind me of many architects I know).

Apr 28, 07 3:15 am  · 
 · 
Philarch

Never saw this version of the movie, but I did see the original called "Il Mare." I did make a thread about this before though. One of those rare threads where no-one responds. Sad. The original I've heard is better compared to the American version. Definitely watch "Dirty Filthy Love" too. Not because the main character happens to be an architect, but because the entire movie has great characters.

Yes, I'm on Archinect on a Saturday night because I'm at the office once again. I'm doing pro-bono work, so please no comments about being an anti-social loser... although if I wasn't working on pro-bono work, I might be doing studio anyway. Ah the sweet life of the single architecture student/employee.

Apr 28, 07 11:54 pm  · 
 · 

Phil, I'm here and chatting with an architecture student on insta-messaging. Nothing anti-social about it. I'll just play whigfields' "saturday night"

Apr 29, 07 2:37 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

boo

Apr 29, 07 2:59 am  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

why am i getting less sleep now that the semester's over???

Apr 29, 07 4:37 am  · 
 · 
garpike

We are all alive. You know what? That deserves a yay!

yay!

Apr 29, 07 4:43 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Philarch hope you got to rest today.

I'm up too late catching up on my '80s music videos. I think the makers of the movie Fight Club were influenced by this little-known Billy Idol video.

Apr 30, 07 12:18 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

OK, I confess. I'm up late because I've been catching up on my "Heroes" the whole weekend, trying to get caught up before tomorrow night's show. I couldn't stand not having all the pieces of the puzzle. God this show is good! And it's getting me ready for Spider-Man 3 this weekend! Yay!

</nerd attack>

Apr 30, 07 12:36 am  · 
 · 

Lol I'm watching Elizabethtown...very surreal. But after watching tudors everything else just kinda sucks chunks on a Sunday

Apr 30, 07 1:20 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Okay, it's 12:30 and I just finished my homework. But now I'm hungry. Not so hungry as to justify a full meal, but still a serious case of the munchies. Unfortunately, I have no snack food or leftovers in the kitchen.

I could walk to the 7-Eleven up the street, but it's raining outside and they don't have much that isn't greasy and gross, anyway.

I could order pizza, but that would take forever to show up, and cost more money than I'm willing to spend right now.

Pad thai noodles and some crab rangoon would hit the spot perfectly, but the neighborhood Thai place closed two hours ago.

I may just go to bed hungry, and grab a bagel on the way to work.

Times like this make me anxious to get back to NYC, where almost every neighborhood seems to have at least one el-cheapo Chinese, Mexican, or pizza carry-out place that's open all night.

Arrgh.

Apr 30, 07 1:38 am  · 
 · 
Katze

LIG - I can certainly relate! Nothing beats living in a city that never sleeps. BTW, what is crab Rangoon?

Apr 30, 07 2:07 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
Apr 30, 07 2:14 am  · 
 · 
Katze

that looks tasty!!! Sorry, probably making you even more hungry :)

Apr 30, 07 2:19 am  · 
 · 

LiG, I understand your sentiments. I have being living on a pea sized rock for the last 5 years that has no take-out much less anything open passed 10pm.

Thats why the architecture student stapel is still my friend....its called RAMEN yummy. And it also helps to keep some manner of deli sausage like Kielbasa for just such an emergency.

Long lived salted pork!

Apr 30, 07 3:13 am  · 
 · 
Philarch

I'm eating ramen right now. I plan on making up for my unhealthy eating habits by not going to the gym like I'm supposed to. Back to Studio. Thanks for whoever suggested listening to "Explosions in the Sky" for doing studio work. Its great. Although I noticed that NPR is using some of their songs here and there. I am not joking.

Apr 30, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 

Hmmm long live Ramen!!

Apr 30, 07 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Long live Red Balls!

I miss him...

May 1, 07 12:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: