Archinect
anchor

War on Lebanon by bastard Zionists !

xray

aphro_al! orEqual! stop fighting!

aphro_al, just checked out the name of the place you are from (chebaa) on the net. seems like the UN quite disagrees with your claim this was once part of lebanon. apparently it was syrian territory lost in war to israel way back.
are you actually syrian?
while this would be a refreshing addition to the discussion, it might explain your call for fighting with israel (at the expense of lebanon).

Jul 19, 06 11:34 am  · 
 · 
aphro_al

hahhah xray ur really good dear im lebanese i have th elebanese passport i always was a lebanese and i always will be .. please spare me ur ignorance.. second i wasnt fighting with any1 i was making a point.. and my point was proven with ur ignorance.. UN or no tUN go directly to my town and you ll c if it is lebanese or syrian..

this is really a pity that such ignorants live ...

thats really so damn stupid.. and if ur so good babe in ur research.. maybe you should check ur research capabilities and ur information there is chebaa the town and chebaa farms ( the part that it is still under israeli occupation) which are the agricultural lands that belongs to chebaa residents.. ( we all have the land papers that proves that the land is ours) the dispute is on because Syria damn syria hasnt accepted to make the boundaries official which leads to this UN shit.. so again xray ... spare me ur damn ignorance.

www.chebaa.org

Jul 19, 06 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
3dGraffiti

It amazes me how many times the word “ignorance” has been used. Everyone is ignorant in one way or another. I do not know one single person who wholeheartedly understands the history of all people. And it is this mentality that perpetuates the unrelenting necessity for acts of violence. I can see no end to it either…

Jul 19, 06 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

dear 3d .. of couse ignorance is available one way or another in every person.. but when u give ur opinion or u argue with someone over something u should know all the facts and see all sides and know bits of it not all of the subject but at least the basic things

Jul 19, 06 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Some historic perspective - this is a 10,000 year old conflict...

Prehistoric middle east was settled by nomads and early agrarian tribes - as we see in contemporary world, nomads and farmers typically have different land use patterns that regularly get settled by armed conflict.

So if moses really led the israelites up from egypt, then they had to displace an existing population - this war is well fictionalized in the bible/torah/koran. This was not the first or the last displacement of existing populations throughout the area...

The climate changes since the last ice age have stressed the human populations and increased competition for the most precious resource -water.

The sematic tribes include the palestinians, lebanese, syrians, pre-diasporah jews, and jordanians. The redefinition of 'anti-semitism' into refering to only 'anti-jewish' seems to be a political ploy.

The current map of the middle east can be traced to the destruction of the ottoman empire by the british empire- all par for the 1000 year meddling and invasion of the middle east by the europeans by cristian terrorists- the crusaders.

Economic success can be tied to available resources as Jered Diamond articulated in 'Guns, Germs, and Steel'. The Gaza strip and West bank have limited natural resources and few location advantages to sustain an independent economy without strong ties to the surrounding states of egypt, israel, jordan, lebanon and syria. Israel's economy exceeds the sum of the surrounding arab states. Some of this can be attributed to the $$$ that america pumps in as subsidies (but egypt is receives lots of $$$ too). Much of the growth can be attributed to neo-liberal capitalism/democracy, versus the semi-feudal islamic economies (i.e. no loans for interest = no capital available) and totalitarian/baathist regimes of the surrounding states.

Peace = prosperity along with the forgiveness of past grievences and vendettas. The social structure of the middle east don't seem to allow the forgiveness of dishonor or insult. Will we ever see the end of the conflict then?????????

Jul 19, 06 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
losdogedog

Aphro
It seems that most reply's to this post agree that Isreal has been and will aways be over aggressive. I personally do not belive that the zionist should be occupying Isreal. Surely there must another area they call home.
But if Hezbullah harms an American its a diffrent story.
It ignorance that created this situation so dont blame others for being ignorant.

Jul 19, 06 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

the ability to see all sides is definately lacking from this discussion.

ET, I think there is a lot to learn from you, but i would say early on you offended a lot of people by assuming they were ignorant or lacked empathy. I think recently you have taken a more reasonable tone, and I personally am more opent to listen.

Jul 19, 06 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

well ignorance is the policy that govts apply on it spopulation to rule them .. it varies from one community to another .. as well as culture.. education etc....
arab countries mostly saudi arabia, syria, egypt etc... rule their country by spreadng the ignorance regarding women.. rights even religion etc....all this just to b in the CHAIR (check volume magazine by oma)
israel fuel its people against the arabs also by propaganding ignorance through controlling media .. acts..
US and other european countries also rule by fueling the ignorance regarding religion -islam- to control ther war against other countries...

thats .. the situation about ignorance... second im not blaming people in general about this im blaming the contributors on this blog.. because as i know at least that what i know is that architects should be the most cultured people...

Jul 19, 06 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
yep

aphro_al have fun fighting your resistance

I prefer to use my M107 - Thank god Israel has them

Jul 19, 06 1:06 pm  · 
 · 

"This was not the first or the last displacement of existing populations throughout the area..."

...or anywhere in world for that matter. Anyone who is critical of Israelis for forcefully displacing people and occupying a land should look at their own country's history.

It's not a matter of IF they have a right to exist, but HOW they exist.

Jul 19, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
losdogedog

Aphro
I take back what I wrote, yep is the exception.

Jul 19, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

well yep .. my m16 will b as good as ur m107 .. its about ur rains dear.. israel with it arsenal cant coem forward .. their tanks are hit their soldiers are getting killed.// with mayb less than even a M16./// after 1 week of airstrikes the resistance is still bombing from the southern borders .. so dear.. its no talways about technology...
its about a cause about morals and about intelligence...

and if u read above .. that if u can read.. i said make lov enot war/... im mostly a peacfull person i never held a weapon in my life.. though i gre up in war.. i grew up while watching isrealis.. syrians ..iranians... palestinians kill us or kill eachother on our land... so if im gunna hold my weapon itlll b the last thing i will do... i dnt think ull b quiet.. fine when u c children cut out in pieces.. my friends..are dead now though they had nthg t do with the huzb.. and the place where they have bean had nthg to do also with the guerillas but they were hit by the strikes... waht about the truck of marawahine.... it was a family evacuating.. what about them also people with guns.. ??/ a year old girl was a militia person? .. a whole family was dead.. while escaping the fires...

Jul 19, 06 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Where is John Lenon when we most need him????

Jul 19, 06 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

who told u mechanic that we sit in ac room and draw our imagination on paper.. ?? who told u wer stuck in poverty and if we are.. is poverty became a shamefull situation??? who build and who plan cities so these investors, developers, companies etc.. can work??? ur assuming that theyr only the people that can build a society and that have power???? be real...

Power: money - culture - intelligence - PR.. thats power... and i think architects ( real architects) in general have them.. at least 80 % of them... the ones that use their brains to control business and their art to help to build and plan a good society..

myspace -hi5... etc.. these are sites.. for pple who want to have fun and loose their time.. its only good if it is in good hands.. it can b in a way a tool to improve r PR side.. but in general.. ucant have power though myspace ? do i ? hhehehe ..

Jul 19, 06 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

how come most people here are ganging up on palestinians? including the buggle boys from lebanon. fuck you all. i am here for the palestinians.

Jul 19, 06 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

orhan .. urk... ur sober... ??? no one is ganging up agaisnt palestinians... theyr the most struggled and suffered people alongside the lebanese mayb worse .. so take it easy.. and keep it down..

Jul 19, 06 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
yep

It's your rhetoric that I am responding too. I apprciate the peaceful stance you are taking now but you and many of the people writing here feel they need to throw a few things in at the end. I am trying not to see this only from one side but there are people in the arab world who don't value the life they are living. How can you reason with someone like that? Why would you want to? It's sad to see the civiliians being killed but there is a lot of blame to go around. And I mean a lot

Don't tell me I can't read I can barely understand a thing you said. I actually want to understand. Plus a m107 will take someones head clear off. In fact you only have to get within a yard or so to take someones skin right off

It is a matter of how and if they exist. If any number of countries had the capabilities Israel would be gone. Thank god they are not resourceful or smart enough to do it.

Jul 19, 06 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
orEqual

"Surely there must be another area they call home."

What?

Where? NEW JERSEY? Crack a book and do a little reading on the history of the Jews. They've been persecuted by just about everyone and expelled from just about everywhere at some point in their history, including from the area that most of us recognize as present-day Israel. Have any other thoughts? Should Jerusalem be given back to the Canaanites?

Jul 19, 06 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
xray

orEqual,
new-jersey - home for the jews?
you must more ignorant than i am.

Jul 19, 06 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

naiv?? why ??please explain.. cse og my thoughts about power..??

secondfor yep:... as i said.. its not about technology.. its about using ur head in combat.. not losing it with M107 105 whatever...

dear meta again naive??? for ur info.. regarding power.. money business..bla bla bla.. im an architect who had worked in print design while studying architecture.. than now im 26.. i m a partner in a contracting company.. i m establishing my own construction magazine.. i m the head of my own design bureau .. I HAVE POWER LOVE AND im an ARCHITECT who is not only dream about a better life and better place for my people but i work on applying them.. so if that its naivity... IAM PROUDLY A NAIVE

Jul 19, 06 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

ohh one more thing.. im a WOMAN who lives in an arab country and i have POWER.. .. and for the jews country.. forget about it they took the land or they didnt they have i tnow... but the thing is they should accept that we exist as well as we should acknowledge their country.. ...

Jul 19, 06 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

again im sorry about the misspelling thing..

Jul 19, 06 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
yep

Well put without a side comment

Jul 19, 06 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
cf

Give back Constantinople and Cyprus.
Don't even look at Spain again.

The big question no one wants to answer: "What is it about the Jews that makes them persecuted where ever (almost) they go?"
Shalom alachem
A selamu alay cum
Mohamed desperately wanted to be a Jew.

Jul 19, 06 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
losdogedog

or equal,
Why not NJ? The majority of jewish people would rather live in the US than Isreal. I just too hard for them, or anyone else, to get citizenship here. So it easy for the US to deny them citizenship if they know they have another home.

Jul 19, 06 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
orEqual

xray, check it out...page 1, here's losdogedog:

"losdogedog

Total Entries: 2
Total Comments: 69

07/18/06 12:47
The US should offer up new jersey to the jewish people, give isreal back to the arabs before the nukes start flying."

Pay attention! Page 2, here's losdogedog again:

"losdogedog

Total Entries: 2
Total Comments: 69

07/19/06 9:52
Aphro
It seems that most reply's to this post agree that Isreal has been and will aways be over aggressive. I personally do not belive that the zionist should be occupying Isreal. Surely there must another area they call home.
But if Hezbullah harms an American its a diffrent story.
It ignorance that created this situation so dont blame others for being ignorant."

I let it go the first time...

Jul 19, 06 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

mm well ur not a fighter then.. and im no ttalking about weapons.. maybe we "lebanese" are fighters.. in life in love in everything.. when u grew up in a war ravaged country.. when u live in a country where u have to struggle to shine.. to have 10% of what u have in the US in services.. in evthg.. maybe ull see that u have to have power to live.. and.. well i am an optimistic maybe idealistic person.. but.. in that way if i can get 50% of my dreams itll b gr8.. thoughts.. messages... achitecture are useless when u just talk about them but when u really apply them than it would be a sword.. it doesnt have to be a large thing.. maybe little thing u do can make u have power.. power to change the world which u can.. not all the world but at least a little part of it.. u just cant say that: . i can influence power, but if the one with the swords decides to cut me off, well then so it is"" u should be more optimistic .. have more self-esteem of course if some greater power will decide to cut off thatsanother thing.. but.. u can change the world at least start with a little spot.. than u can c that this spot will grew little by little during time and effort and faith (in ur thoughts.. ur dreams)...that will make u a better person.. at least thats what i think.. and make you believe that even with all this killing.. and suffering u can give some hope to these people through architecture.. even design.. and of course if u have th epower u ill have the ultimite tool..

Jul 19, 06 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
orEqual

Actually, I think that the majority of Jewish people DO live in the US.

Jul 19, 06 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

mm well ur not a fighter then.. and im no ttalking about weapons.. maybe we "lebanese" are fighters.. in life in love in everything.. when u grew up in a war ravaged country.. when u live in a country where u have to struggle to shine.. to have 10% of what u have in the US in services.. in evthg.. maybe ull see that u have to have power to live.. and.. well i am an optimistic maybe idealistic person.. but.. in that way if i can get 50% of my dreams itll b gr8.. thoughts.. messages... achitecture are useless when u just talk about them but when u really apply them than it would be a sword.. it doesnt have to be a large thing.. maybe little thing u do can make u have power.. power to change the world which u can.. not all the world but at least a little part of it.. u just cant say that: . i can influence power, but if the one with the swords decides to cut me off, well then so it is"" u should be more optimistic .. have more self-esteem of course if some greater power will decide to cut off thatsanother thing.. but.. u can change the world at least start with a little spot.. than u can c that this spot will grew little by little during time and effort and faith (in ur thoughts.. ur dreams)...that will make u a better person.. at least thats what i think.. and make you believe that even with all this killing.. and suffering u can give some hope to these people through architecture.. even design.. and of course if u have th epower u ill have the ultimite tool..

Jul 19, 06 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

Jul 19, 06 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
crowbert

I wasn't going to post on this divisive topic because I thought for sure somebody else whould have pointed out the solution long ago:

Hot sluts bearing pies. Cherry, blueberry - take your pick! If people are too busy eating pie and ogling the hot slut of their choice I think everyone might just realize how much everyone has in common.

Jeez, the answer is right infront of your nose - and it smells delicious!

Jul 19, 06 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
archit84

as an architect i'm interested in what we can and should build.
too many politicans are interested in what they can destory and what should be in place instead.
when people realize we are all the same and that we have all been pathetic for so long, we will finally have a real future....i'm sure we will blow ourselves up long before that realization.

Jul 19, 06 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
ET

"aphro_al have fun fighting your resistance
I prefer to use my M107 - Thank god Israel has them "
Out of all comments, i actually pity yep's !!!!

And xray - i must agree with aphroal when i say u should check the chebaa question a litlle more ! It is onw of the dilemmas of the region - sort of the joker each of syria/lebanon/israel r holding.

Dot- i never said any1 was ignorant - i once recommended throught the whole blog a book - and as for empathy - i think u would agree with me that magpie brought up the subject by his/her ridiculous comment !

Jul 19, 06 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
ET

I hope u guys heard the comment of Michael on CNN's ur world today :

trying to quote here :
" We'll end up as americans paying the reconstruction od Lebanon so y can't Bush just ask for a ceasefire since our taxes will end up in the Israeli accounts which will be asked to pay Lebanon by the UN for the destrcuction- not in a million years (my opinion due to previous experiences)- "

Jul 19, 06 2:49 pm  · 
 · 

not having an enemy and having peace with all the neighbors and more importantly with palestinians, would probably be disasterous for current israel.
the fundementalists in that country would have a civil war with secular citizens if there is peace in the region. i think it is questionable that, war, self defence and rhetoric like 'right to exist', specially when all its neighbors and 99.9% of the UN recognize israel's right to exist, are unifying elements for a nation, continuously.
israel, by no means, is above critisism.
do israelis realise that their hysteria is only the signs of a mass mental desease? many do. all that money, technology, civic wealth, scientific know how, educational opportunities are being wasted in the hands of racist brooklyn plant ons and near sighted orthodoxy?

am i/are we crazy to think that israel, regardless of its military might, invading power and arrogance, losing its foothold and becoming more and more of the losing side in the long run? isolated? did the state of israel turning into the later stages of orwell's 'animal farm?' what will become of israel when someday united states pull the plug due to some internal power shift? what will happen when mubarak loses his grip on egypt? or even more immidiate, syria and iran pulled into the conflict directly with missiles hitting jerusalem and tel aviv, by next few days? will israel resort to nuclear retaliation? why not? thats why they have them right?

what investments the jewish state is doing for its future? for its peaceful survival? what'll happen in 30 years or sooner when the conventional weapons will mean no more than scrap metal?
the children, who are writing on the bombs to be dropped on lebanese and palestinian kids and kill them, will they survive to see anything peaceful? or, will they some day see that they were robbed of peace?

i am not an israeli, but thousands if not millions of people there are worried about these questions. i see their views in local newsmedia and in diaspora. all of those questions are also asked by them.

don't tell me 'well what about the other side?' thats a poor argument when considering they are the ones who are occupied, sent to dire refuge camps for years, imprisoned without trial for long time and their own democratic country is bombed without discrimination. and a bitch like condeleezza giving them (on orders of course) another week to cause more deaths destruction and inflict hatred. hell.

Jul 19, 06 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

I think the whole 'persecution' of Jews rhetoric has gone too far. Why is that always a reason for the atrocities Israel inflicts upon its neighbors? When was the last time a persecution happened? I dont seem to remember.

Jul 19, 06 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
yep

Just curious where that brilliant 99.9% came from - I do remember the leader of Iran saying that Israel should cease to exist. Is that the .1% you were talking about. Or was it the 23 members hesbalah in the senate. The US won't pull the plug either because there are too many muslim fundamentalist and too much oil. Please explain a power shift in the US that would cause the US to "pull the plug." That sounds like some 'what if' bullshit. If a missle hits Jerusalem then Iran or Syria will be sent back to the middle ages and they should be. You can't deal with fundamentalist leaders who have a big role in how much their people suffer

Jul 19, 06 3:39 pm  · 
 · 

yepyep. make that 99%.

Jul 19, 06 3:58 pm  · 
 · 

"don't tell me 'well what about the other side?' thats a poor argument when considering they are the ones who are occupied, sent to dire refuge camps for years, imprisoned without trial for long time and their own democratic country is bombed without discrimination."

why is this a poor argument?...occupied, refuge camps, imprisoned without trial, bombed without discrmination...i bet those are pretty familiar stories for the 600,000 jews that were forced to immigrate to israel after WWII. I understand this is not directly related to current events, but if you are going to give moral favortism to the persecuted group, you cannot ignore this fact.

talk about myopic.

Jul 19, 06 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
ET

dot - armenians went thru a genocide 1.5 millions died !!!

should they also kill - occupy - imprison and bomb ???

Jul 19, 06 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
yep

That is one of the worst arguements - Do Armenians hate the Turish? Does it matter in this situation? In the Middle Ages blah blah blah - Don't switch the topic - Completely different situation -

Jul 19, 06 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
yenafar

is there anybody here who wnders why muslims hate USA?

and will it be soon a civilisations war ?
i hope not, but it seems so see [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5193092.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5193092.stm[/ur]

Jul 19, 06 5:46 pm  · 
 · 

dot,
i know you are smarter than that.
you are doing a great disservice to jews by justifying the recent events on ww2.
remember 'never again?'
is 'eye for an eye' good justice? do you know how many jews were given refuge in muslim countries during ww2? if 'getting even' with your past going to make you a healthier man, why don't you try to even it with germans, austrians, swiss, french, italians, polish, dutch, romanians, vatican etc etc.., instead of group of people who came to the help of jews during the spanish enquisitions and nazi genocide.
repacking history with misleading and fabricated content is only going to work for so long.
if your historical knowledge only plays like a broken record, some milli vanilli tune, you should best keep it quite and observe others who has few things to teach you here and there.

Jul 19, 06 5:49 pm  · 
 · 

ET, not my point. During the holocaust, many Israelis were forced into this hostile "neighbor" situation against there will, not completely with the intention of occupation. POSSIBLY, were it not for this mass migration, there may not be the formation of Israel.

Jul 19, 06 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
ET

yep dont lecture me abt armenians - i know the history very well - my mother is armenian and my grandma had escaped the genocide - it is very relevant !
it is all abt BEHAVIOUR !!!!! since dot tried to link it to history !

and who came up with muslims hate usa????
thats what u c on tv - a bunch of idiots gathered so they could be on cnn burning an american flag!
the real question is the ones that don't hate americans - have REAL issues with american policy in the middle east.. - i wonder y?

Jul 19, 06 5:50 pm  · 
 · 

Orhan, I agree. hate does not justify hate. I was speaking more on the issue of the reason for the creation of Israel. This mass migration played a big part in it.

Jul 19, 06 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
ET

ok i agree dot (after the 2nd post) true !
but the mass migration was planned - wasnt spontaneous - thats what Belfor's plan was all abt ! no?

Jul 19, 06 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
yenafar

typo > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5193092.stm

Jul 19, 06 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
archit84

yep, it does matter
My greatgrandmother suffered through the genocide
her life was all about suffering, but she never taught hate.
She instead understood the importance of restraint. This is something that many could learn from. There is not any group that has a monopoly on pain. Using suffering as an excuss to spread more suffering is just so sad to sit back and watch.

Jul 19, 06 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
yep

I am not lecting shit-
I disagree on the relevency - But Hitler did use the Armenian genocide to justify what he did to the Jews

You can't justify what is happenning but if you try to lay the blame on one side you look foolish

Jul 19, 06 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: