n_

pyramind apircot ale, my b.f.f.

Apr 11, 06 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore
Apr 12, 06 6:20 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

e: last line as welsh / english or wellish as i now name it!

Apr 12, 06 7:45 am  · 
 · 
e

thanks BOTS. wellish it is.

Apr 12, 06 10:23 am  · 
 · 
db

Duchess de Bourgogne

absolutely awesome!

Apr 12, 06 10:38 am  · 
 · 
e

oh yeah. now we are talking db. i have a few of those down in my cellar right now. they've been there for about a year. have you tried monk's flemish sour? if you like duchess, you'll probably like that one too.

Apr 12, 06 10:57 am  · 
 · 
odee

Belikin...You betta Belize it!

Apr 12, 06 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

All I meant e, was that i'm over this Belgian trend. (Most of my comments are tounge-in-cheek....)

Apr 12, 06 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
e

appleseed, you should come visit. i'm sure i could change your mind. ;+)

Apr 12, 06 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
dia

diabase's favourites:

Apr 12, 06 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
e

hoegaarden grand cru? really? that peaked my interest. never had one of those.

Apr 12, 06 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
dia

8.7%

Apr 12, 06 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Grand Cru is mine and my Father's 'reward' beer.

Apr 12, 06 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
e

two of my favorite grand cru's of late are the rodenbach and the abbaye des rocs. they are very different in taste.

Apr 12, 06 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

Diabase - not the Stein, definately headache inducing.

More this in NZ, shame they don't export to here.

Apr 13, 06 5:49 am  · 
 · 
laxchc11

Best Beers:

- Shiner bock (cant wait til i can have it on tap whenever I want next year)
- Belhaven's Best (#1 selling beer in Scotland, for good reason)
- Leffe Blonde (my last name, minus a letter, so I have a sentimental attachment to it)
-Toohey's New (the first beer i drank legally)

Worst Beer: Hurricane and Natty Light... my college experience has made it so I actually want to vomit if I even smell either of those.

Apr 13, 06 11:06 am  · 
 · 
db

e -- gotta find me some of the monk's
as well as get my hands on bottles of the duchess
a nice bar here in stl had the duchess ON TAP!
but alas, no more -- but they swear they'll bring it back

Apr 13, 06 11:49 am  · 
 · 
user09

A real mans drink ;)

Apr 13, 06 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Great in Holland... skunky and light-struck in the States...

Apr 13, 06 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

I coulda sworn somebody mentioned something about 'fruity esters' earlier in this thread? As a description of what they don't like about Belgian beers I thought..... anyhow, I had a Bink Blonde from Belgium the other night, and it personified the flavor I avoid in a Belgian beer. I would love to be able to describe it but cant seem to nail it down and thought 'fruity esters' might be it. anyone?

as for the real ginger ale mentioned above, me and a friend are about to brew one in our next round, along with a pale ale, similar to the Dominion Pale Ale, to go with a blue crab feast in August. We also have a batch of porter that's been in the bottle for about 5-6 weeks, might crack one open soon and see where it's going.

Apr 13, 06 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Nice! I just commandeered the old office refrigerator to turn into my lagering locker.

Could be fruity esters... a lot of those wild yeast belgian deals have them as a style component. Banana flavors have no place in beer if you ask me.

Apr 13, 06 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
e

FRO, i miss blue crabs bad. it's one of the few things i miss from the east coast.

janosh, regarding the bananas, i think it is like anything. it can be done well [subtly] or poorly. my friends brewed this one last year. it is amazing.

Apr 13, 06 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Agreed on that. Beer is a subjective thing - I'm not one for the Belgians no matter how magical they are. My palatte is all hops.

Apr 13, 06 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

There are three times when a beer taste so good!

1. Once your design has been accepted by a Client as being the Best in the world and they take it to the next level.

2. Project is finished in the office....everything is fired off to the printer....drawings and project manual.

3. When one lands on the ground in Brazil....after a 14 hour journey, and you know there are beautiful women to look at and Brazilian Beer to Drink.

Apr 13, 06 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

4. After mowing the lawn on a hot summer day

Apr 13, 06 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
e

5. and right now.

Apr 13, 06 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

6. and later

Apr 13, 06 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
e

okay, later too.

Apr 13, 06 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
e

janosh, this one is for you. this is one of my favorite IPAs. did someone say grapefruit?

Apr 13, 06 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

e- my friend that I brew with here in Colorado grew up in Virginia on the Chesapeake and I grew up (or at least got older) in Maryland. Last August we paid $250 to get a bushel overnight shipped and introduced all of our friends to the wonders of the blue crab. Needless to say they were hooked, so this year were getting a band to play, loading up on homebrew and getting last years crew to help us invest in 4 bushels. I think we may be starting the only annual blue crab feast at 9000' above sea level... if you can make it, you're all invited!

Apr 13, 06 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
e

where is the feast happening? and where did you live in maryland?

Apr 13, 06 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

havin one of these right now at the crib while the neighbors across the way blare out the oldies. right now its chaka khan's "tell me something good" maybe they wanna be in the cd swap...

Apr 13, 06 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

only in wisconsin would there be a brewerey across from a high school...party on

Apr 13, 06 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
e

figures vado would be all about the dogs. who doesn't love dogs? couple more dogs for you vado >> flying dog's imperial porter is amazing as well as the hair of the dog's doggie claws barley wine.

Apr 13, 06 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
dia

BOTS - the mark of a true new Zealander is their ability to drink steinlager wthout getting the dreaded steinhead the next day...

Apr 13, 06 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

thanks e!

Apr 13, 06 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
e

ah, there's that beautiful face.

Apr 13, 06 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

vado, you will be pleased to know I'm right next door to the Flying Dog brewery as we speak, can smell the hops everyday when I go home, can see it thru the window.

j, you better hope you don't get my CD in the CD swap, that's all...

Apr 13, 06 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
e

i just went out and spent the $75 gift certificate to my favorite beer store that my parents recently gave me for my birthday. i got two bottles of the cantillon lou pepe pure kriek 2003 and four bottles of the thomas hardy ale 2004 thomas hardy says they will age for 26 years. mmm.

Apr 15, 06 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

tonight I'm opening the rogue XS imperial IPA I picked up a while back.

we'll see if it lives up to the hype.

Apr 15, 06 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
e

manamana, it's a mouth of hops that's for sure. enjoy. the rogue xs imperial stouts are pretty tasty too.

Apr 15, 06 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
rayray

sharing a growler of Weyerbacher Quad with some friends tonight - yum.
www.weyerbacher.com

and also check out Insanity, tasty indeed.

Apr 15, 06 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
laxchc11

strange brew, kids.... strange brew

Apr 15, 06 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
e
The World's Worst Beers
Apr 15, 06 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Michelob Ultra is one filthy ass beer - like polluted soda water.

Apr 16, 06 2:56 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova
Apr 16, 06 6:55 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova
Apr 16, 06 6:59 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova
Apr 16, 06 7:00 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

thanks to a NYtimes article on the virtues of porter, it's time to bring this thread back to life.

We always need more discussion about our alcohol fueled addictions. Since the @ Vado Retro thread is having fun talking about posting while intoxicated- lets talk some more about ambrosia!

This round's on me!

CHEERS!

(skol! for all those norwegians too)

Oct 18, 06 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

skol treekiller....I had an old friend "Deckster" who brewed up some nasty beer, he was a graduate of Parsons in the early days, married a white woman at the, "church around the corner" in Grenwich Village. So beer was always appreciated while visiting his country palace, taking in his latest creation. They weren't designs, but complete processes of thought brought to life by his own hand.....as was his home brew! I will always count my time spent with him as some of my best moments in life. Think I will have another to toast Him!

Oct 18, 06 8:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: