Archinect
anchor

great beer

snooker

Treekiller I was suprised when I first traveled to Brazil, never really thought of it as being a place where beer would be highly regarded.
I did however find out different. They serve a tap beer, I believe it is unpasturized called shoppe. It is a pilsner type of beer and you can park yourself at an out door cafe and watch the Brazilian Women walk by all day long with out tiring of either. So as a Norwegian lost in Brazil, I say SKOL!

Oct 30, 06 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
e

thanks for letting me know artful. i'll keep you posted on the chateau jiahu.

i was at a friend's house on saturday night for a dinner party. lots of wonderful libations. high on the list were the pizza port cuvee de tomme, a 1990 thomas hardy, and a glass of patron anejo. the patron was from a bottle before patron became mass marketed.

Oct 30, 06 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
crowbert

For those of you in Wisconsin:

New Glarus Brewery

For those of you in the U.P.

Library Brewery

And in Northern Mitten, I mean Michigan

[http://www.shortsbrewing.com/brews.htm]Short's Brewery[/url]

Especially that cuppa-joe stout - Mmmm, that's good.

Oct 30, 06 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
AbrahamNR

The taste of home.

Oct 31, 06 12:58 am  · 
 · 
your_momma7911

Three Beers you can never go wrong with:
Shiner Bock
Fat Tire
Sunshine Wheat

If cash is low then I go with Rolling Rock or Pete's Wicked Ale.
If I'm digging through the couch for beer money then It's time for the Silver Bullet.

Three beers that are never okay:
Keystone
Natty Light
The Beast

Nov 1, 06 3:05 am  · 
 · 
e
the worst beers
Nov 1, 06 11:34 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

yo mama- I was underwhelmed when I tried Shiner- weak and thin, like bud. Fat Tire is a great Colorado example

Started sampling the midwest's finest- First off Bell's Third Coast Beer.

A golden beer brewed with pale malts. Large American hop additions contribute a crisp refreshing bitterness. A tribute to the Great Lakes, T.C.B. is a truly quaffable beer.

Original Gravity: 1.048
Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%

First thoughts are that this is a single dimensional brew where the hops overwhelm everything else. . Nice head and carbonation, but the linger bitterness made me wish I was drinking a Sierra Nevada. 3rd Coast would be a great warm weather brew with a sqeeze of lemon or in a cowboy martini.

Nov 1, 06 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I absolutely hate this thread because every time i come through here i get the urge to go buy more expensive beer! Currently drinking: Anchor Steam Beer, SF USA. Verdict: Good

Nov 1, 06 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
e

no hate apurimac. only love.

Nov 2, 06 1:38 am  · 
 · 
FRO

life is too short for bad beer, but good beer isn't always expensive.

That being said, can beer is for driving.

What for the love of god is a cowboy martini? Brings to mind some strange images...

Nov 2, 06 10:34 am  · 
 · 
Artful Dodger

much love...

I've got to steal some of your friends E, never had a thomas hardy yet, I bought some a little under a year ago, and I might open one up this christmas.

oh well, I've got this to look forward to this weekend; barrel aged beers

Nov 2, 06 10:38 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

glad to enlighten FRO to the joy of a cowboy martini:

take one beer and decant into a glass.
add two or more olives.
enjoy.

(if more then one person is drinking CMs, then you can have a race with who's olive will float first)

Nov 2, 06 11:19 am  · 
 · 
miss casual

newman - they sell fat tire in chicago now. yummm...

treekiller - is third coast made by bell's? really? crazytown.

probably trite but i just love oberon... for nostalgic reasons really. i grew up on it you could say. i remember when it was still called solsun. plus it always marks summertime. the first time i see oberon on the shelf in the spring is like a holiday.

Nov 2, 06 11:34 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

*bump*

crappy piss water they served at coachella for $7, but a boy has gotta quench his thirst somehow.

Jun 5, 07 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
e

a couple of good stouts i've had recently:

Fish Tale Poseidons Imperial Stout (Barrel Aged)

Avery Mephistopheles Stout

Jun 5, 07 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Craftsman.. made in the 'dena

good while serving jury duty :)

Jun 5, 07 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
e

the fantome saison was good. nice summer beer.

Jun 5, 07 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
Kingston 62

exclusively brewed in Jamaica (strong tradition of beers)

Jun 5, 07 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Jun 5, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

I have a half dozen dogfish head 120min IPAs that have been aging for almost 8 months now.

I also just had a job interview at a firm I'd really like to work for.

I've already decided that if I get it, I'm opening one.

Jun 5, 07 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
sndstorm

mmm... salvatore

Jun 5, 07 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
knock

manamana, that is excellent - i basically have to hide really good beers from myself to age them ...

Artful, yes, I do brew, I'll gladly exchange. The best i have that are ready to drink would be a pair of sours (a blonde and amber; think orval, and rodenbach) and a light, refreshing farmhouse style amber.

I do like the fantome; but i love the saison 'foret'; brewed by duPont. prefer it to their regular saison.

salvatore indeed.

Jun 5, 07 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
e

i dig the Foret, but my true love is the Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux. Okay, and the Moinette Brune. No doubt Dupont Brasserie has it going on.

Jun 6, 07 12:59 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

In an update, I endorse all the Dogfish head recommendations. Im stuck in china now and i could really use a little mix-up from the old Tsingtao. Are there any beer shops in Shanghai that sell more than the local stuff or is this the wrong place to ask?

Jun 6, 07 1:19 am  · 
 · 
mdler

the fact that 90% of Americans drink Bud Light still amazes me

Jun 6, 07 1:40 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

it amazes me too mdler, in fact its even a little spooky

Jun 6, 07 2:17 am  · 
 · 
chaptertwo

I care about all of the above and budweiser sucks.

Jun 6, 07 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

just shove it all in...

will do

Jun 6, 07 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

cheers to that chaptertwo, budweiser blows, it is way too filling. i'll be full after 3 beers, yet far far away from being hammered or even buzzed.

i'm a big fan of miller lite, sol(a fine mexican beer), and newcastle.

Jun 6, 07 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
Say No to Student Loans
Jun 6, 07 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

I'm so glad this was bumped. It's getting harder for me to surf the net at work, but this is certainly a sight for sore (or sober) eyes. I recently bought a 6 pack of Stone Pale Ale and it was so incredibly good. Unfortunately, the only place I've found it on tap around me was this bar I'm less than crazy about. I've also fallen in love with Cisco's Whales Tale Pale Ale, which I think totally redeems his previous Thong Song effort. It's from Nantucket and I don't think it's available too many places from what I've heard and seen. Does anyone agree with me that the American micros tend to have a more fullbodied taste than a lot of European beers? I think the Belgians are usually quite smooth and very nice, but lately Irish and English beers especially have just been leaving me wanting that kick from a good American micro.

Jun 6, 07 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

if anyone's in atl - sweetwater georgia brown. i love that stuff and try to have it whenever up there.

i really like wiehenstephaner kristallwiessbier, but i haven't had it since i was over in germany several years ago.

also, out in colorado - the vanilla porter from breckenridge brewery is pretty good.

a word of warning - if you ever come to orlando, don't even bother trying orlando brewing company's beer. it's pretty awful.

mmmmm. good beer... only 2 more hours of work...

Jun 6, 07 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
db

In STL good beer = schlafly

though right now I am also really liking the
O'Fallon (MO) Summer Brew

----

also making my way through all of the Unibroue beers,
though the Maudite is still my fav among them

Jun 6, 07 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Jun 7, 07 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Widmer Hef on tap = classic. Something my hs friends and I ALWAYS get at Rennies. In a bottle tho, it's pretty meh.

Jun 8, 07 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Awww...it must be so nice to sit outside @ Rennies right now....19th St should be nice by now too. I can't believe I miss the Euge....

Jun 8, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
dookie

Shiner Bock

Jun 8, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
simples

BDF...Bell's Oberon is my official summer beer...

I am a big fan of pilsner urquell

but, the only beer i've ever craved -while in barcelona (and if you crave a beer in barcelona it must mean something), is the good ol' bass ale

Jun 8, 07 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
e

I'm looking to get into a bottle 0f Malheur Dark Brut this weekend. Yummy goodness.

Jun 8, 07 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

aquino, you know they totally remodled 19th? I was back in Eugene a few weekends ago and checked it out. The place is fucking huge now, with a patio out on the Agate side. And the Terminator still hits hard. THAT is a good beer.

Jun 9, 07 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Terminator is a good winter beer. I LOVE the Hammerhead. There is also the rare Rubinator we used to order after our hockey games. A pitcher of half Ruby half Terminator.

Dungeon Burger, Fries, a Hammerhead and a nice summer afternoon in the Euge...I could handle that everyday.

Jun 9, 07 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

*bump*

surly

Jun 22, 07 11:32 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

Does anyone know where to get good beer in Berlin, specifically the Mitte area? I'm going to be there next semester and am really hoping there's a quaint (I'm imagining dark, homey, Bavarian that I'm guessing doesn't exist in the area) bar with a solid beer list? Also, what are the big beers in that area of Germany? I've heard pilsners are big there, but I'm usually more a fan of full-bodied, hoppy beers (IPAs, APAs....) or very well-balanced Belgians. Just wondering what I'm in for.

Jun 22, 07 11:37 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03
Jun 22, 07 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
waterhouse
Jun 22, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

when i was in berlin on christmas day, i showed up to the airport an hour and a half before my flight. as i was walking around the terminals and waiting areas i got bored and hit up one of the stands that had beers on tap. i didn't know what to get so the bartender served me a tall glass of schneider weisse. i ended up drinking about seven glasses or nine and was having conversations with the bartender and another bartender who just finished his graveyard shift and was drinking...this was ten in the morning...before i left, the bartender gave me her cell phone number and address to keep in touch... i ended up kissing her hand as a goodbye 'cause at this point, i was buzzing already (i don't just randomly shake and kiss peoples hands to say goodbye)...the other bartender called the terminal to make sure i get in the plane smoothly...

Jun 22, 07 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
waterhouse

the end

Jul 4, 07 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i figured i'd raise this thread, because I am in LOVE with this stuff:

On sale at a local beer store near you (In the Northeast).

Oct 14, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
boyles

coors light

Oct 18, 07 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
trigirl

Dogfish Head 90 min IPA
Try the 120 min IPA for a real ass kicking

Oct 18, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: