Archinect
anchor

USC vs Virginia Tech Undergrad?

humzaahmed

Hello everyone! 

I'm a senior in high school and I have recently been admitted to a few solid architecture schools (NAAB Accredited B.Arch programs). My top two choices as of now are Virginia Tech with a full ride (they pay for my tuition, dorm, food, $7500 for "enrichment" and about $4000 per year for personal "supplies", etc) and USC with a Presidential Scholarship (half-tuition). My parents have agreed to pay for my college expenses as long as it fits within their budget and I have been blessed with these incredibly generous circumstances so now it comes down to smaller things.

I was insanely pumped to get the scholarship offer from Virginia Tech but then I felt conflicted when I got accepted with a scholarship to my literal dream school, USC. I know it seems like an obvious, logical choice but which one would benefit me better?

At Virginia Tech, I would never have to worry about any money or anything related and I would get a great education. Only downside is that its in a small college town but I can live with that. 

On the flip side, USC is where I have wanted to go for a while. USC also has an amazing student life and opportunities in LA. After financial aid + the scholarship, USC would come out to be about less than the price of my parents' budget for college so we can afford it. The only issue is that I feel like it may be selfish to my family to take so much of their money when I have another option that is free.

I just want to get another opinion on this and figure out whether to "follow my heart" or be logical about my decision. 

Mar 26, 24 7:04 pm

Go with the cheapest option. 

Both schools are equal in terms of their education and the opportunities they will provide for you. 

Mar 28, 24 5:53 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: