Archinect
anchor

WTF???

snooker

vd....really it just pisses me off when someone who has every opportunity to become registered and doesn't then runs around and pretends they are. There was also an MD Doctor sitting in the room.
Had I presented my self as and MD....you know the whole room would have been up in arms.....WTF...

Jul 17, 07 8:43 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

WTF? How come the only panhandlers in China are always in the whitey neighborhoods? WTF is up with the white people givin' out change like they're the salvation army here, haven't any of them lived in New York? I'm white and I don't have change, WTF is up with that! According to everybody I should be rich, why the F aren't I? Oh yeah, I'm an architecture intern...

Jul 17, 07 8:45 am  · 
 · 

i would certainly report a member of the planning and zoning board representing herself as an architect, snooker. absolutely and immediately.

Jul 17, 07 10:12 am  · 
 · 
n_

Report that ass, snooker.

Jul 17, 07 10:44 am  · 
 · 

trane has left-hand and right-hand water source heat pump units. mech engineer spec'd some of each as our classrooms are grouped in mirrored pairs. submittals confirmed that both left-hand and right-hand would be provided. only right-hand arrived at the site, causing beaucoup coordination issues. trane now says only right-hand are available, but they never told anyone until these arrived at the site.

and this is my problem how?! wtf?

Jul 17, 07 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

snooker, when I was in high school I used to go to lots of school board meetings (the roller rink had closed, so I had to keep busy) to speak in favor of building a new high school in town, and there were plenty of old, crusty people who didn't want to foot the bill including this one woman who always presented herself as an "architect", which she was not at all and it pisses me off to this day.

Jul 17, 07 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

sorry.. wtf

Jul 17, 07 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

You know the funny thing is if I ask for a copy of the tape recorded transcript, they are going to want to charge me a bundle for it or they
are going to say it isn't available. So then I'm forced to invoke the Freedom of Information Act and during the course of doing so, I'm considered the bad guy, cause they think I'm not happy with the denial of a special exception. Which is not the case, we can still build our project, it is just that the siting of the project would have been alot better if they had given us the variance. What I'm really pissed at is that someone who serves on a public board, infront of a packed house states that she is an architect when she is not as far as the State Department of Consumer Protection is concerned.

So I be the bad guy, WTF?

Jul 17, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

snooker, I agree that it needs to be reported. But is there a way you can go about it so that you DON'T look like the guy who's whining because he didn't get his way? Can you write a letter to the president of the board and copy it to other members just expressing your concern about this issue without flat-out calling her (the non-architect) on it?

Jul 17, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Wow. You really HAVE to report her. She may have earned her post by fraudulantly misrepresenting herself. If she did it so casually in the instance you were present for, who's to say she hasn't many times before? And a law-breaker is a law-breaker, regardless of who the whistle-blower is. Do it.

Jul 17, 07 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

snooker, voire dire the "architect" in session just so it's on record, it does two things; gets it on the record, and gives her a chance to "clarify" her professional affiliation...just a thought.

Jul 17, 07 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Seriously, WTF is up with all the political threads lately? I'm thinking about starting some about religion, too. Why the hell not? WTF?!

Jul 17, 07 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

snooker just email me the name of the fraud and the number and i'll drop the dime on her.

Jul 17, 07 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

na....I figured out what I will do.....next time I see her in a very public place....I'll drop the dime. I will congradatulate her on recently
becoming a Architect....then go into how I worked my ass off for years
apprenticing in offices before I was able to sit for the exam. Then I will ask her how were the exams...? If she chooses not to confess that she is not an architect, I will ask her why her name is not on file with the Department of Consumer Protection. If she tells me she hasn't taken the exam then I will put forth her little lie about being
an Architect in a room full of potential clients for myself. I will of course out of pure Irish ancestory....ask for a voice copy of the minutes of the meeting, before I ever have the conversation with her.
...wwwwttttffffff....kkkkk

Jul 17, 07 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

ok, serious WTF to new guy that started yesterday.

Dear new guy,

imagine a 3' bubble around me- it is impenetrable. This means at no time should you be within 18" of my core. Now, I understand we're friendly here and you're a touchy person, but you don't need to grab me every time you say something. When I was fixing the printer settings on your computer (a whole other WTF), there was no reason for you to effectively spoon me standing up. I'm wearing a wife-beater under my top (that is not tight) so that I don't show cleavage- can you at least pretend you're not staring? If you feel the need to say you like my shirt, you don't need to pull it. (Your not Xzibit popping my imaginary collar).

Finally, just because your new in town, it doesn't mean I'm going to let you take me out. Your old, you have a 15 y/o kid and a fiance "back home". I have just over 30 nights left in this state and I am not going to be spending any of them with you. When you ask, "what's there to do around here?" in your distinctive accent, remember we are not in a small town. This is Los Angeles and everyone doesn't go to the bowling alley on Tuesday Nights- or whatever you're used to.

Here's a suggestion: go to Hollywood + Highland where all the other over-the-hill-sleaze-ball-greasy-wannabe-hipsters hang out, lurching over girls too young for you.

wtf.

did I mention next Friday is my last day! Phew....

Jul 27, 07 2:16 pm  · 
 · 

wtd, maybe just offer him gum - crinkled brow, 'do you need some gum?' - every hour, holding out a pack of cinnamon gum.

Jul 27, 07 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

seriously SW. I mean we're all super casual and friendly here, but there is a line. You know how creepy it is when someone stares just those two seconds extra and leave you feeling super uncomfortable?

maybe guys don't experience that...

but it's gross.

Jul 27, 07 5:32 pm  · 
 · 

yeah. most guys would be okay with that. it would wreck the rest of our day, making us completely distracted, but we wouldn't mind.

Jul 27, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

hahaha...well, i certainly don't mind it from some. but after the excessive touching from this deutsche ...it is creepy.

Jul 27, 07 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

wtf is it with architecture books. i have three of em sitting here and they are all so artifully designed that to read about a project one must read some text in the normal left to right and then turn the book at a 90 degree angle to read additional text that is running the other way. normally, if you are going to do sideways text you make it large enough that it can be read without turning the book, these books, however have small text running vertically and my old eyes cant read it without turning it. who the fuck is designing these things. whatever happened to clear and coherent book graphics? wtf?

Jul 27, 07 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

like a lot of architecture...super pretty/cool/ creative, but completely dysfunctional. Maybe it's a brilliant critique?

Jul 27, 07 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

ok, the unthinkable has happened. The deutsche I talked about above (the new guy at work) has never heard of Ikea!

Regardless of your opinion of the store, what rock have you been living under that you've never heard of it?????? Not even a news story or commercial???

He just moved here (from another state, not country) and he said he needs cheap furniture, so I said "good think there's an Ikea 2 minutes away." I've never seen such a blank stare.

oy vey....I mean...WTF

Jul 30, 07 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

This guy sounds like the king of Douchebaggedness. I suggest hitting him in the face with a hickory stick.

Jul 30, 07 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

LMAO...and where does one buy a hickory stick? He's a serious tool and if i wasn't leaving, he wouldn't be staying.

Jul 30, 07 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Most truck stops have very high quality hickory tire beaters. These work well in most instances. They also come with a handy carrying strap. I'm not sure what their actual use is intended to be, but they work great for kicking ass and taking numbers, reprimanding bad drivers, solving interpersonal problems, correcting idiots, etc... I'm sure this will clear up any misunderstandings this ass hat may have.

Jul 30, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

haha....well, I'm off to Santa Monica to pick up a check. I'll try and find a truck stop on the way, lol.

Jul 30, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

WTF???!!!! All my 3.5" walls are off by 3/128." Not that this would matter in the built world, but its screwing with my squarefootage!

Jul 30, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 

you don't have to be an architect - or even trained in architecture at all - to be Architect of the Capitol. but people trained in architecture but not yet finished with the exam, no matter how much experience, can't call themselves 'architect'. wtf?

Jul 30, 07 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

meeting with the building offical in the morning to discuss....visionary plans at the request of a contractor....wtf....

Jul 30, 07 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

WTF!? why the hell are people who can't even take care of themselves having children! pisses me off to no end!

WTF!? why does autocad tell me it's snapping my line to the end of the other line, but when i zoom in it's actually snapped about 1/32" away, leaving a tiny, unnoticable, but horrible gap!?

Jul 31, 07 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

FU NEW GUY!

him: "babe, be a doll and get me some pens."
me: "you know where the supply closet is."
he walks up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder
him: "what is it that you do again?"
me: "draft."
him: "Whadya go to college or something?"

FU you chauvinist pig! WTF? Do woman not go to school "Back home"?

3 days left, 3 days left, 3 days left.
my job went from LOVE to HATE in 4 days.

Jul 31, 07 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

sounds like borderline sexual harassment.

Jul 31, 07 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Seriously. Someone should kick that guy in the dick. I'd say balls, but you don't really hear dick very often. I'm just trying to be creative here. Either way someone needs to eliminate his ability to procreate.

Jul 31, 07 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

borderline? I don't have time to write all the ways it has crossed the line. if I wasn't leaving on Friday- he would've been out of here on his second day. I love all the guys in my office and my bosses are so stressed- I don't want to add to it when I'm leaving in a few days.

Jul 31, 07 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

haha rf, thanks for changing it up!

Jul 31, 07 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, wtd, it's probably not worth it to take action, since you are leaving friday.

have you brought it up to him, though?

Jul 31, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

here's the thing- they are super overprotective of me and I don't want it to be blown out of proportion. This is a situation where it's absolutely the individual and not the company. My bosses are just so swamped right now that they'd be really screwed if they had to fire him on the spot. I think I'll pull [the less reactive] one aside on my last day and give him a heads up on what they've hired. Then they can find someone new before firing him. Unfortunately, it can be tough to be the only woman in a company and I don't want to go out on that type of complaint because my time here has been wonderful.

Believe me, I can handle him and have already told him to fuck off. You know if it was ever really serious (physical or verbal) I'd kick in the balls, I mean dick, so fast he'd sound like Mike Tyson.

Jul 31, 07 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha ha ha!

well, sounds like a good way to handle it.

good luck! =)

Jul 31, 07 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

just thinking outside the box here...get a picture of him (with hot chicks of course) and post it here.

let the kings of douchebaggery have their collective way with him.

then send the link to fiance back home.

careful...the link above is not necessarily appropriate for work. depending on where you work that is.

Jul 31, 07 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

WHAT TO DO....JUST DROP THE LINE ABOUT SEX CHANGE OPERATIONS....AND SEE IF HE IS SO EXCITED ABOUT TOUCHING YOU.....

Jul 31, 07 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I'm sure the rest of the guys in the office....would find it funny as hell.....listening to his story....cause they all know you.

Jul 31, 07 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I had a building offical as me to to the energy conservation calculations of a car wash and oil change building today. Over 50 percent of the building is made up of overhead doors.....WTF!

Jul 31, 07 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

that's hilarious ML...yeah, he's not worth the effort.

He flat out says he's single because his fiance is in a different state.- they are getting married in September- wtf? He got off the phone with her and 2 seconds later heard me mention (to someone else) I might go to Vegas this weekend and he asked to come with me- are you freakin' serious?

Jul 31, 07 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

wow. you're getting pretty serious with the new guy, eh? already going to vegas and stuff.

have fun, don't wear anything low-cut.

Jul 31, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

ML, gross.

he's a sleaze.

Jul 31, 07 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

ML, that's a pretty dope site. Good job. WTD, good luck on your last three days.

Jul 31, 07 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

WTD....issue him a condom...and tell him to find his own way to Vegas!

Aug 1, 07 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

snooker. eww.

he was [slightly] better behaved today. I think my bluntness (word?) made him think twice yesterday. My bosses wife came into the office, she is super loud and feisty (obviously wears the pants), anyway... new guy called her babe...

she looked at me with that "did you hear that" look. The first time I've ever seen her keep her mouth shut- she just walked out. I'm sure my boss will hear about it tonight!

Aug 1, 07 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

WTD....I had this very same thing happen in an office where I worked... the new guy was hitting on what he thought was the office receptionist, which was actually the bosses wife sitting in for the day.
We just called him hamburger after that.....he was gone in a month...

Aug 1, 07 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha ha ha, i still can't believe he'd call someone he barely knows "babe."

not only is it not cool, but it's highly unprofessional, anywhere!

Aug 1, 07 7:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: