Archinect
anchor

WTF???

mdler

was walking to lunch today and a high school girl stopped me on the street and asked me for $$$...she was listening to an Ipod...WTF?

Jun 25, 07 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Wonder...I'm also a Libra...but no Tats...centered on my forehead!

Jun 25, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
n_

What happened to my Maya Lin book? And my 'Refabricating Architecture' book? Why do books just disappear from my bookshelf never to be seen again?

Jun 26, 07 9:37 am  · 
 · 
rfuller

Just got an invitation to a new Architecture forum. I read one thread titled "Best 5 Architects of all time." It's like everyone who just finished up Architectural History 2 picked their favorite 5 from a list of about 10.

Frank Lloyd Wright
Norman Foster
IM Pei
Renzo Piano
Philip Johnson
Le Corbusier
Santiago Calatrava
Rem Koolhaas
Mies
Gehry
Kahn

There was also 1 mention of H+dM.

Not to discount the Architects on the list, but you'd think out of 25 entries you'd get a little more variety than THAT. That's not a list of the best Architects ever. That's all the highlights from Freshman History 2. WTF?

Jun 26, 07 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

wtf? you never saw to sir with love???

Jun 26, 07 3:25 pm  · 
 · 

yeah dude but listening to the brutality of the events is cause for another whiskey-tango-foxtrot...

Jun 26, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 

wtf are we so unsensitized?

Jun 26, 07 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

why dont product manufaturers put research report numbes on their websites??? WTF?

Jun 26, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

I sit with my back to my boss...he is snoring right now. I want to leave but I know getting up will wake him up and that will be awkward cause we will both pretend I didn't know he was sleeping....help....

*whispers* wtf, mate?

Jun 26, 07 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

LMAO @ WTD'S WTF!!!

Jun 26, 07 8:03 pm  · 
 · 

so apparently I'm on the shit and its believed that I am the reason the office is suffering. Added that I'm now definately loosing a member of staff. A staff member is heading off for a week so i'll have to handle his load.

Jun 26, 07 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

techno, you forgot the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Jun 26, 07 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

ok, I am home. He didn't wake up...wtf?! I made so much noise, hoping that he would wake up- then just ran out.

so funny...I wonder what time he wakes up tonight...alone....in the office...hahaha

"no, hunny, I'm not cheating. I fell asleep in the office."
yeah right.

Jun 26, 07 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

HE MUST OF HAD A POWER LUNCH.....BOOZE, SNORT AND WOMEN....LOL wtf

Jun 26, 07 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
kissy_face

I left for work this morning and there was a dude playing the harmonica in the middle of the parking garage! He didn't say anything...he just looked at me and kept on playing...

Jun 27, 07 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

I MUST KNOW WHAT THE TEXT IS ON THAT CHIC'S TAT UP THERE!

seriously. why hasn't AW followed up with that?

WTF?

Jun 27, 07 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

LIG e-mails me I email LIG and no one gets an e-mail....wtf

Jun 27, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

I gotta write something about WhatToDo's WTF about haircuts even though she posted 3 days ago

No matter where I go to get a haircut, no matter what I say, they bring out the buzzer to cut my hair and I don't mean sides and back, but the top. I've experienced this in many countries - except for Belgium where I received a faux-hawk even though I didn't ask for one. Maybe there is something about my head that makes barbers want to bring out the buzzer. sigh....wtf....

Jun 27, 07 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

my burrito place just raised thier prices $.50....wtf

Jun 27, 07 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

hahahaha Philarch...maybe they think your instructions are mearly suggestions (stylists certainly think that about my hair).

I can't really blame them tho...pros in a creative field...most designers do the same thing.

client: i want this.
designer: you'll get that, but I'll make you think you got this.

or maybe it's just the shape of your head ;)

Jun 27, 07 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
KEG
W

hyTF do i usually have to hit preview twice in Archinect? the first time I click it the thread is blank.

hmm.

Jun 27, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

mdler - its to pay for all the hot sauce you are stealing...

Jun 27, 07 8:26 pm  · 
 · 

mightylittle - easy, easy! I checked with the (Photoshop) magnifying glass and am proud to inform you that the text reads like this:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?"

...um...WTF??

Jun 27, 07 9:20 pm  · 
 · 

ooops, sorry...I just zoomed a little closer and it actually says:

"All right stop collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it you better gain weight
You better hit bull's eye the kid don't play
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Ice ice baby vanillla (x4)

Now that the party is jumping
With the bass kicked in and the vegas are pumpin'
Quick to the point to the point no faking
I'm cooking MC's like a pound of bacon
Burning them if you ain't quick and nimble
I go crazy when I hear a cymbal
And a hi-hat with a souped up tempo
I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
Rollin' in my 5.0
With my rag-top down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby waving just to say hi
Did you stop no I just drove by
Kept on pursuing to the next stop
I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block
The block was dead
Yo so I continued to A1A Beachfront Avenue
Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis
Rockman lovers driving Lamborghinis
Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine
Shay with a guage and Vanilla with a nine
Reading for the chumps on the wall
The chumps acting ill because they're so full of eight balls
Gunshots rang out like a bell
I grabbed my nine all I heard were shells
Falling on the concrete real fast
Jumped in my car slammed on the gas
Bumpet to bumper the avenue's packed
I'm trying to get away before the jackers jack
Police on the scene you know what I mean
They passed me up confronted all the dope fiends
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Ice ice baby vanillla (x4)

Take heed 'cause I'm a lyrical poet
Miami's on the scene just in case you didn't know it
My town that created all the bass sound
Enough to shake and kick holes in the ground
'Cause my style's like a chemical spill
Feasible rhymes that you can vision and feel
Conducted and formed
This is a hell of a concept
We make it hype and you want to step with this
Shay plays on the fade slice like a ninja
Cut like a razor blade so fast other DJs say damn
If my rhyme was a drug I'd sell it by the gram
Keep my composure when it's time to get loose
Magnetized by the mic while I kick my juice
Check out the hook while Shay revolves it

Ice ice baby vanilla
Ice ice baby (oh-oh) vanilla
Ice ice baby vanilla
Ice ice baby vanilla ice
Yo man let's get out of here
Word to your mother
Ice ice baby too cold
Ice ice baby too cold too cold (x2)
Ice ice baby"

word to ya mother, WTF!

Jun 27, 07 9:23 pm  · 
 · 

I hate engineers, that believe the sun shines from their asses

Jun 27, 07 9:31 pm  · 
 · 

I got notice last night that my rent is going up by $115. Bloody hell, I'm glad to be getting out of this place soon after the increase, this apartment's not worth what they're charging anymore.

This is what makes me wonder how inflation can only be 4%.... My rent just inflated 10%, gas has gone up more than 10% over the past year, groceries probably 5% or so. How the heck does that add up to a 4% inflation rate??? WTF?

Jun 28, 07 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

It must be that the cost of having your nails done has gone down, due to the number of illegal aliens doing nails in this country for less this year than in the past years....WTF!

Jun 28, 07 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I just returned from a project site. The Gas Company was there to run an new gas service from the road to and existing building which
we are remodeling. I show up on the site and the Gas Companys
sub contractor is on site digging away like mad. He started at the building and was working his way to the street. I walk around to the back of the building and he has of his own accord moved the location of the gas meter some 20 feet from where it was shown on the plan,
and marked in the field by the Gas Company. I ask him what is the
problem, he says he can't put the meter under an window. I look at him a little confused, then I respond, "Your telling me you can't locate it under the window so you chose to move it 20 feet and install it in the middle of my exterior walk-in cooler." He looks at me like
I'm being an asshole......so I continue on. "This is a remodel project
and if you had looked at the drawings you would have realized we are infilling the existing window opening with masonry, so there will be no window and the proposed location of the gas meter is fine where it was initally located." WTF do these things happen.....

Jun 28, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Normally I've got no problem with anyone on this board, but a certain someone took a joke, turned it around into something that it wasn't and then made a handful of personal attacks. That shit really pisses me off. First off, it wasn't aimed at you. Secondly, it wasn't aimed at anyone. It was a joke. Finally, what does my hometown, or the ammount of money my family or my inlaws make have anything to do with ANYTHING? Seriously. WTF?

Jun 28, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

I'm the "certain someone"...
rfuller, we could have a dialogue about this on the original thread, but apparently you don't want to address me directly.

recap:
<i>rfuller: "Well if my wife and her class of ID students are any indicator, then they're probably not able to figure out that internet thing. We can probably count Inferior Design out."<i>

I didn't turn anything around. I read exactly what you wrote (you gave no context) and found it offensive.

Jun 28, 07 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

why? It was a joke. It was clearly written in jest.

that internet thing -Who would take that even remotely seriously?

Inferior Design While some may perceive this as inflamitory, even the InTerior Design Students at Tech jokingly call it that. I didn't realize my comments made regarding other people could be so hurtful and offensive to you. You'll have to excuse me for writing in jest on threads that are plain ridiculous.

Now if I may quote you:
Oh yeah, I forgot, you're
Small College Town/No work guy. She doesn't need to know the internet, her daddy can just hire her. In fact, she probably doesn't need your respect either.

Was that completely necessary? You'll have to excuse me, I am from a Small College Town, I don't have an internship, and my family has money, but I read that as a personal attack. So excuse ME for thinking that was a bit out of hand on a thread that was clearly a joke. While I can clearly see where you might have taken offense, none was intended, and I think your response was ridiculous, grossly inappropriate, and intentially inflamitory. I also think you're being a bit hypersensitive considering that nothing I said was aimed directly at you.

Jun 28, 07 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

For the way most architects talk about interior designers, both on archinect and in the industry, I don't think your comment was "clearly" a joke and I found it offensive on several levels (personally, as a woman, as a student, as a TA, etc.). That is it.

I am not going to hijack this thread, dramatically going back and forth with you.

now, back to wtf-ing...

Jun 28, 07 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Look. I'm not hijacking this thread, either. After this, I'm through.

Not to suck up, but typically I find your posts insightful, and usually witty. And I can understand that tone of voice doesn't carry well over the internet. Thats understandable. What wasn't understandable was your retort which I quoted above. Had I started out saying something along the lines of "Women make terrible designers" or "Those who can't, teach" and then I made reference to you, then I think what you said back would have been perfectly acceptable. But the fact of the matter is that I didn't.

Discussions should be light hearted and at least semi-intellectual. I would have taken issue with this flame war even if I wasn't the one addressed. Did I fume a little more because you did address me? Sure. Did I take it out on Jonah in another thread. Absolutely. But what I'm so pissed about is that something like that was even said, especially considering the circumstances.

So we're all clear here, I'm not pissed anymore. You're cool in my book, even if I'm not cool in yours. So on my end of things, (and I think on your end, too) flame war = over. or [/flamewar] or what ever.

I've gotta go study for my Physics final which is a WTF in and of itself.

Jun 28, 07 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

wtf. don't fight your both pretty. wtf?

Jun 28, 07 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

I'll second the WTF Physics as I have an online physics quiz tonight.

Good luck.

Jun 28, 07 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Ahhh. Vado, you're sweet. Good luck to you, too WTD.

Jun 28, 07 10:23 pm  · 
 · 

WTF is with all these immigration threads - three???

Jun 28, 07 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

here's a WTF;

i was on a cruise in the caribbean this past week and heard a girl ask "why is the water down here so clear and blue, yet brown and nasty back home in america?"

i told her "because of new jersey"

Jun 29, 07 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

WHY ARE ALL THE GAS FIREPLACES SO GODDAMN UGLY???? WTF

Jul 5, 07 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

wtf :) cute boys in and out of my office all day today. Where are they coming from? Not that I'm complaining...

Jul 5, 07 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™
i told her "because of new jersey"

not cool bro.

wtf?

you couldn't have said i told her "because of connecticut"???

Jul 5, 07 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

mightylittle.....at least you could have added Fairfield County....Connecticut....WTF!

Jul 5, 07 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I just recieved a fax....from my structural engineer....it shows a ridge beam, column down to second floor but no sizes....wtf!

Jul 5, 07 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

MY CLIENT WANTS A BIDET IN HER MASTER BATH...COMPLETELY RUINS THE FLOORPLAN OF THE HOUSE...GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR APPARENTLY DIRTY ASS...WTF????

Jul 5, 07 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

why when I call a number that has an automated teller, I never want any of the options given?

Jul 12, 07 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I love the automated answering machine which disconnects you after you have been waiting for 30 minutes.

Jul 12, 07 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

The stupid fat blob that sits next to me is WHISTLING!!! WTF!!!!

Jul 13, 07 10:03 am  · 
 · 
snooker

I was at a meeting last night where a member of the planning and zoning board proclaimed she was an Architect durning the course of the meeting. It was a recorded session and this morning I checked the List of Licensed Architects put out by the Department of Consumer Protection and guess what she is not to be found. Now I'm asking myself should I ask for a full transcript of meeting minutes and turn them over to the Department of Consumer Protection or should I just go on my way and let it ride....WTF?

Jul 17, 07 8:28 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

wtf, you should get a copy for any future machavallian screwing over that you may have to do to her.

Jul 17, 07 8:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: