Archinect
anchor

post a picture of yourself in your brand new "architecture sucks" tee

strlt_typ

heather,

i actually think the "artsy casual cool photo" is too thought out...the big earnest smile is real...

Nov 16, 06 4:31 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

not very many of these posts include pictures. including this one!

Nov 16, 06 7:29 am  · 
 · 
Amandine

PETITION!
STRIKE!
PROTEST!
REVOLT!
UNITE!

RE-PRINT the small ladies arch sucks t's.

I think aml is with me. please sign below. Don't let civil disobedience be the only recourse.

Nov 16, 06 9:25 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Heather I think your big earnest smile pic is lovely - definitely the way to go. Plus, your photo is clearly taken by someone else, which is cool and implies that you actually have friends and a social life.

I'm fascinated by the online proliferation of self-portraits - mine included - that show one arm out of frame but outstretched holding the camera. Such a funny confirmation of how solitary modern life can be, while also being overtly social in that one takes the photo to share with others - who for the most part exist in our imaginations. Odd.

Nov 16, 06 9:38 am  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

A couple years ago I suggested to a friend in nyc, a photographer, in need of extra cash, that she offer to take hipster friendster/myspace/nerve photos for people. She advertised with a nerve profile (but they blocked her), and a craigslist ad, which was a hit. She would go out on her lunch break, arrange with people to take their arty/flattering photos, and then charged $75 per digital pic. Seems like a good gig for anyone here.

I just saw this little essay .. traces self-portraiture from Jan van Eyck to myspace.

Nov 16, 06 9:57 am  · 
 · 
FRO

The funny thing about the picture I posted- the architecture DOESN'T SUCK!! It's a 100+ year old shed with a dirt floor in a Telluride back yard. home to a beer fridge (but no fully krausened Old Style), a TON of tools, and 30 or so bikes. mmmmm. Still standing strong after all these years, and I bet nobody told the guy building it to design for 100 psf snow loads.

I think for me the key to casual pictures is not knowing that they are being taken until they show up in your mail. and Heather- the guy making the face is named Dan, you know him?

Nov 16, 06 10:20 am  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

No, but he has a doppelganger.

Nov 16, 06 11:04 am  · 
 · 
surface

I almsot never take self portraits because I have a digital SLR, and I haven't invested in the wireless cable release yet (camera doesn't accomodate a regular cable release). So I have to use self-timer, and just hope I end up in the shot, and that it's in focus. None of my lenses are a good size for the arm's length shot, so some of the self-timer ones are pretty funny.

I'd fully support the re-issue of ladies' small architecture sucks, and this time, in PINK!!! And perhaps Sustainable Edition too. But I looooove my lavender one, for sure.

Nov 16, 06 11:53 am  · 
 · 

i support the special production of the hairshirt and burlap versions of the 'architecture sucks' shirt.

Nov 16, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 

and a black velvet one, too.

Nov 16, 06 12:00 pm  · 
 · 

Or how about a black pinstripe shirt, saying "Starchitecture Sucks"?? I would totally wear it!

Re: treekiller - Yes, all your beloved "limited item trend setting fashion statements" (love that term! - "Say yes to LITSFS! Buy now!") are made without any sweatshop labor in downtown LA - from the birth of each shirt to printing to handling & shipping. And from there it's all the mail man's fault...ha ha.

Re: Heather - Isn't it funny how ten thousands of people are now follwing the photo adventures of three obiously occidental blokes in Japan since you posted that "doppelganger" link? And everybody's thinking things like "Oooh, look at that architecture!" or "Aaah, look at these great colors!" Arigato gozaimasu, thank you for that one! :-)

Nov 16, 06 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

if you make "starchitecture sucks" then i want "interior design blows" and "urban planning swallows."

Nov 16, 06 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I'll take a free trade jute sack cloth version - but then I should be asking for a locally grown fiber- hmmm? OH, recycled coke bottle plastic fabric- sustainable and local (to most places in the us). Paul- can you ask dov to look into alt fibers for the next print run?

Nov 16, 06 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

that's it! i am going permanent. tattoo architecture sucks on one arm and starchitecture sucks on the other.

Nov 16, 06 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

why arm?...forehead...

Nov 16, 06 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

beta, what doesn't suck?

Nov 17, 06 1:17 am  · 
 · 
myriam

I GOT MY GARWONDLER SHIRT TODAY!!! hahahahaha, it ROCKS. THANK YOU, SUSAN! Will post a pic tomorrow in daylight. woohoo!

Nov 17, 06 1:41 am  · 
 · 
Katze

myriam, do your boobs fit? :)

Nov 17, 06 1:44 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

katze, you mean bewbz...

Nov 17, 06 2:26 am  · 
 · 
Katze

(\___/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

\m/ word :)

Nov 17, 06 2:36 am  · 
 · 
myriam

you'll have to wait and see!

Nov 17, 06 3:08 am  · 
 · 
French

bon ben allez (I know it's not brand new but wtf):

and a detail view of the customized collar:

Nov 17, 06 4:54 am  · 
 · 
French

bon ben allez (I know it's not brand new but wtf):

and a detail view of the customized collar:

Nov 17, 06 4:55 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

damson, why the arms? that way when i am tugging on big beta, i can fantasize a little easier...;]

Nov 17, 06 6:27 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

French, merci pour la photo! Tres bon!

Nov 17, 06 8:29 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

myriam i'll be checking this thread every five minutes! \m/

Nov 17, 06 8:41 am  · 
 · 
AP

also received my Garwondler shirt last night, thanks Susan. I love the special "RAD Garwondler shirt of the day" tag on the back. nice touch.

picture #1 to come later today (I wore it to work, incognito...)

Nov 17, 06 9:09 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Susan Surface is the coolest archinecter bar none, including the Garwondler.

Nov 17, 06 9:12 am  · 
 · 
surface
http://www.myspace.com/garwondler

Seriously, what the? Hahahahhaa.

Nov 17, 06 10:09 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis
Garwondler: Defined
Nov 17, 06 10:27 am  · 
 · 
ThriftyAcres

Susan -
Amazing photo's.

Nov 17, 06 10:37 am  · 
 · 
aml

amandine: yes i am with you. and archinect, here is why:

the first edition of archinect sucks t's did not include the ladies fit. while a lot of us ladies did buy the t, it just doesn't fit nicely...it's all like, loose and baggy. and let's face it, the fit is key when wearing a t-shirt.

i did buy a red less t, so i'm looking forward to that...

so anyways, yes, a reissue would be the coolest. for us ladies. and for your general viewing experience too, of course. unless you like us wearing baggy clothes.

Nov 17, 06 11:05 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

garwondler is in my extended network!!!

Nov 17, 06 11:08 am  · 
 · 
surface

You could always alter the men's size t-shirt to fit you, cut off the sleeves & turn into a boatneck, so it is drapey rather than baggy and shapeless, etc. Come on, solve this problem, don't be limited by t-shirt qua t-shirt!

Nov 17, 06 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i want my garwondler shirt...i'll wear it with my elephant thong

Nov 17, 06 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Garwondler is in my 'top 8'

Nov 17, 06 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

betadinesutures, the T-shirt says "Architecture Sucks", not "Architecture Tugs".

Nov 17, 06 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
surface

mdler did you ever email me with a request? I'm sure i can accomodate it. :)

Nov 17, 06 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
AP

Casual Friday.

Nov 17, 06 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
surface

It's like meta-garwondler... garwondler himself has become the elephant.

Nov 17, 06 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
AP

yes. no one quite knows what to make of it/him.

Nov 17, 06 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

mdler always seems to know what to make with him.

Nov 17, 06 9:54 pm  · 
 · 

more t-shirt pictures pleaaaaaaase!

Nov 19, 06 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
surface

Whenever "le$$" comes :P

Nov 20, 06 3:25 am  · 
 · 
mdler

garpike

thinkin' of you...

Nov 20, 06 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

Susan: I like that attitude! ;-)

Nov 20, 06 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i got my shirts today!
pictures to follow...

Nov 20, 06 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

this is just like those what's wrong with this picture? puzzles that you used to see when you were a child.

this image hasbeen doctored/manipulated/enhanced via photoshop...and although it was a helluva weekend—so i'm told—i still have no idea why the shirt is on backwards...

heaven only knows what else will emerge when i finally commit to running for office

Nov 21, 06 12:25 am  · 
 · 
Katze

good to see you are keeping the theme alive - no pants! Cute butt BTW :)

Nov 21, 06 12:48 am  · 
 · 
garpike

mdler, thinking of you too. How couldn't i? But seriously, we live in the same town. This whole internet thing is goofy. Let's get drunk and eat omelets.

puddles. I can understand the passing out thing, but 1. not to Content. and 2. wear your shirt forward. Also, your walls are leany. Are you in a cold place?

Nov 21, 06 4:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: