Archinect
anchor

post a picture of yourself in your brand new "architecture sucks" tee

aml

hmm i ordered the less tshirt yesterday, but now i'm hoping people won't think i want 'less' boobs. since it will read in front of my boobs, i guess. but i digress.

Nov 13, 06 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
surface

sometimes it just totally sucks.

Nov 13, 06 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

girls of archinect calenders on the way!

Nov 13, 06 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

It's the best I could do until my t-shirt arrives…

Nov 13, 06 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wow, this thread is getting all hot and bothered! I like it.

I also noticed AP's handsome boots in his picture immediately. Stylish nerds of the world, unite....

Nov 14, 06 1:24 am  · 
 · 
garpike
Nov 14, 06 2:04 am  · 
 · 
mdler

SUSAN WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 14, 06 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Still waiting for my ARCHITECTURE SUCKS

Nov 14, 06 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

Rubber gloves rule.

And I'm not wearing pants either... ;-)

Nov 14, 06 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

YAY for creative newbies posting!

Nov 14, 06 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Awesome pic, alexander.

And it reminds me, my child had a visit to his school today by a dentist who taught them about tooth care. Each child received a goody bag to take home, one of the items in the bag is a pair of rubber gloves that have the taste and strong scent of grape....it's a little disturbing.

Nov 14, 06 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

speaking of gloves, remember to get yer prostate checked men!

Nov 14, 06 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Bend over!

Nov 14, 06 7:49 pm  · 
 · 

Alexander may be a newby in the forums, but he's no newby to Archinect. He usually hangs out here at the Archinect HQ, behind the virtual curtain... and he's personally handled every one of your Archinect t-shirts (hence the penchant for rubber gloves I guess).

Nov 14, 06 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Paul, let's see Ella in her T!! (It's Ella, right?)

Nov 14, 06 9:22 pm  · 
 · 

Uh, now that Paul has unvailed my secret identity...hello everyone! I handled all your fabulous Archinect t-shirts, hence the rubber gloves (you can only guess it, but the gloves are actually full to the brim with heavy duty train oil hand lotion after folding..uh..800 shirts). The picture was taken in that small, tiled, dark closet where Paul locks me in every morning to process new t-shirt orders. He lets me out for lunch though. Sometimes. He's a funny guy.

Nov 14, 06 9:56 pm  · 
 · 

No actual whales were harmed for the train oil - Archinect uses 100% synthetic train oil hand lotion and remains wildlife friendly. All shirts are 100% DOLPHIN FREE!

Nov 14, 06 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Phew! But they're full of tuna, right?

Nov 14, 06 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

sweet!
free dolphins with every shirt order.
... you heard it here first!

Nov 14, 06 10:33 pm  · 
 · 

alex, it's not lunch time yet. get back in...

liberty - unfortunately we didn't make any kid's t's, or onesies, but since you asked here's a photo of me holding ella in her halloween outfit:

sorry to hijack the thread with giddy daddy stuff...

Nov 14, 06 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

how cute. its an ellaeopard! rawaor.

Nov 14, 06 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
aml

sorry to interrupt the moment of sweetness here, but a question for paul...

... what about those people that saw the t-shirt email and said, 'oh, i'm not sure which one to buy... i'll do it over the weekend', and then forgot, and then suddenly, all the small ladies arch sucks t-shirts were gone! gone!

obviously these people are sad, sad human beings that should have gotten their sh!t together, etc. but somebody should ask the question, er, for them.

so are there more ladies t-shirts coming anytime soon? pretty please? and, although i don't have kids, a kids t sounds like a great xmas gift btw. maybe you should unlock alexander and get him on that.

Nov 14, 06 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
AP

beautiful beautiful child.

thanks for clearing all that up alexander. after reading Paul's comment re: shirt folding/stuffing I became mildly concerned about his labor practices. good to hear that everything's on the up and up over there at extrasmalltiledcloset inc.

man that kid is cute!

Nov 15, 06 12:00 am  · 
 · 
Katze

I had the same question! Seems as though Archinect is sold out of the heather gray and black "architecture sucks" men's and women's t-shirts – will you be getting more?

Nov 15, 06 12:04 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Beautiful, Paul. Those gorgeous eyes! Thank you.

Nov 15, 06 12:04 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wow, that is a gorgeous, adorable child. And I don't even really like babies that much (maternal thing hasn't kicked in yet).

Welcome to Alexander! Please see me if you are interested in some daylighting, radiant floor heating, or other sustainable design options for your closet.

Also I think Alexander flexed his Photoshop muscles a bit there, which I think everyone else seems to be using on the Garwondler. G-Ler has its (her? his?) own MySpace page now too, BTW.

Nov 15, 06 12:38 am  · 
 · 

thanks for the kind words ;)

re: more shirts - unfortunately the multi-colored "architecture sucks" shirts were always intended to be only available in limited numbers, with no plans for re-prints. we will continue releasing more designs, however, in women's sizes as well. we obviously have a lot of (very cute) female customers.

re: alexander - yeah, he has big photoshop muscles. that's why i imported him from germany. he does handle the t-shirts, but he spends most of his time kicking ass on the computer.

Nov 15, 06 1:07 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

my shits were handled? sweet!! uh, was that before or after the dolphin proctological exam?

Nov 15, 06 6:45 am  · 
 · 
FRO

its nothing special, and an old skool shirt, but this picture showed up in my mail today!

Le$$ talk, more pictures!!

Nov 15, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 

Word up, Fro! Mo' pics, pleaze! Cool image by the way - I love the colors.

Thanks for the flowers, Paul! Well, what can I say - I'm learning from the best, huh? Paul is so nice: He actually himself laid the dark brown tiles in my little shipping box that he imported me in from across the ocean and turned it into the cozy Archinect t-shirt closet that I love to call my cage..er...home. ;-)

Hey WonderK, I may need some design options! Daylight sounds fascinating!! And a tank for all the tuna.

Nov 15, 06 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

this thread inspired me to purchase, though i can't decide what color or size to get! eek!

Nov 15, 06 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

The girl-T's do run small, stephanie, as was alluded to elsewhere.

FRO, that picture rocks. So, so cool.

And in all seriousness, Susan, your pink picture above is amazing. Sexy and smart and perfectly composed. Gorgeous.

Nov 15, 06 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

I think the shirts should cost £€$$

30 bucks a pop +s/h for a seemingly anti-consumerist t-shirt is a little too much.

Nov 15, 06 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

But melquiades if you average out the cost of the T-shirt against the entertainment value of Archinect I think you're paying a pittance.

If I put on my garpike hat for a minute, at 400 comments plus 35 posts over $30 you're at less than 7 cents per entry, and that doesn't even count how much you've learned from everyone else's contributions! That Tshirt is practically free!

Nov 15, 06 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i just bought 2! each a different size and color. this way i am safe. i figure i can either re-sell or have a "sexy" and a"casual" tee.
can. not. wait.

Nov 15, 06 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, Susan's pink shot is really splendiferous! May we expect another grand photographic composition in black and gold with your new black le$$ shirt, Susan?? Pleaaaase!

Stephanie: Good pick! You just entirely sold out girl's lime and eggplant! Try to wear them both in your picture...ha ha.

Nov 15, 06 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

ooh! i hadn't thought of that! it is double t-shirt time of year for me.

there was something really exciting about ordering the last ones!

susan, will you come take my picture for me?

Nov 15, 06 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

What?!? Alexander can give us real-time inventory updating?!? Now THAT adds a new twist...

Nov 15, 06 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
AP

nice pic FRO. subtle...

Susan...love the image above. wasn't it a different image for the first day or so? did you update it or something? this one's got more personality, but the previous version was super elegante.

alexander is the mole...the man on the inside.

Nov 15, 06 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hey fro what are you doing in my dad's basement workshop??? stay out of his old style or he'll raise hell!!!

Nov 15, 06 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

I need a lesson from all of you in the art of taking a casually cool photo. My strategy has been either: big earnest smile or ... hide behind balloons.

Nov 15, 06 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Heather

Hide behind your smile...that is what I do

Nov 15, 06 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
surface

Hee hee. Alexander, I hope you put some extra love into packing my shirt. I'll post a LE$$ photo too, I guess. If it comes on a serendipitous day (as in, before Sunday), perhaps I can elevate it to a studio shoot!

Nov 15, 06 8:00 pm  · 
 · 

I am terribly upset... I ordered my shirt weeks ago, and still have not only not recieved it, but it has not even been shipped. = (

Nov 15, 06 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

rationalist.... but you're right there. What is the problem? Has PayPal blacklisted you or something?

Nov 15, 06 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

$30 buck is nothing for a limited item trend setting fashion statement - all made without any sweatshop labor in downtown LA (or are we missing somethign Alexander??)

Glad to meet the man behind the closet door at archinect central- we all owe paul a big thanks for allowing us archidork to have a digital social life- so:

thank you paul!

and keep up the elleaopard images flowing- we need more cuteness in our big ugly world...

Nov 15, 06 8:41 pm  · 
 · 

Shipping problems, I have been informed. YEah, at this rate I could just hop downtown and pick it up!

Nov 15, 06 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Yeah I should have walked from work to get mine...

Ha ha Old Style. Best not touch it.

Nov 16, 06 12:09 am  · 
 · 
surface

AP - yes i used to have an alternate photo up, but I like this one better.

stephanie - if you're anywhere near nyc then i'll come take your photo!

Nov 16, 06 12:09 am  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

mdler, what a sad pop song ...

FRO, thats brilliant. I swear I know the guy making the face, but I couldnt possibly if he's at 9000' ...

Nov 16, 06 4:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: