· 

these are the new ones....

Oct 30, 08 12:02 am  · 
 · 

from top to bottom Clarks, Steve Madden and Skechers

Oct 30, 08 12:03 am  · 
 · 
brer

architechnophilia - why not buy one higher quality pair of shoes instead of three largely identical cheaper shoes?

Oct 30, 08 1:34 am  · 
 · 

well the shoes are fairly dissimilar but I would agree the last two were affordable, and meant to be clonk around shoes. The Clarks tho I think I can get my money's worth. What would you recommend Brer, seeing as the Aldens have the visual aesthetics of a strip mall and are more akin to someone selling insurance?

Oct 30, 08 1:45 am  · 
 · 
trace™

Just bought these:

gonna get these soon:

Somebody needs to delete my ebay acount!!

Oct 30, 08 8:55 am  · 
 · 
cowgill

i'm not much of a shoe slut but that black pair is sweet... who makes those puppies?

Oct 30, 08 11:34 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

wow I didn't know puma got so classy

just got these wallabees for the winter, they work for dressier occasions too:

I'm also feeling the new Clae line, I'm eying their McQueen for a new everyday shoe:

Oct 30, 08 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Those are Puma's "Elite" line: 96 Hours (www.96hours.com).

They are only available for a season, then new designs come out. Most are designed by famous folk, like Starck or fashion and moto designers.

Draw back is that they typically cost from about 250-350 per pair (hard to find a store that carries them, too).

I've been drooling over those for about 3 years, but at that price you can't really justify things easily!

You can find them on ebay, though, for more reasonable prices (I just bought those white ones for 70).

Oct 30, 08 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
brer
the Aldens have the visual aesthetics of a strip mall

Its not helpful to argue about this, but obviously I disagree.

And anyways, I wasn't ragging on your aesthetic choice. I only think its a waste of resources to buy 3 pairs of cheaper shoes that are relatively the same style & color when you could buy a more expensive pair that will last long enough to be resoled and will show some character with age.

Oct 30, 08 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

moooo

Oct 30, 08 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

a few i like to wear

Oct 30, 08 6:46 pm  · 
 · 

Fair enough brer but two are black (one work casual, one formal) the other is brown. And they are in no way the same style, if they appear that way blame the staged photograph. And I agree, I'm all up for resoling shoes, if they can handle it. Oddly the one that I've managed to do that with only cost me 12 bucks brand new in a side alley - I got 9 years out of that one

Oct 30, 08 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
twee
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/gwendog/fashion/230alexandermcqueenPythonpeep-toepu.jpg

those are my favorites...i have been known to wear jack purcell's to a client meeting...and turquoise pumas gives a little extra kick (no pun intended)

Oct 30, 08 9:22 pm  · 
 · 

heh heh funny, I read the turquise pumas assuming you were a lad, then I saw the other shoes...thanks for unintentionally making me laugh tonight. And those are really nice/sexy shoes by the way

Oct 30, 08 9:43 pm  · 
 · 

I always wanted those Nike (I think) tartan trainers (sport shoes, you call them? sneakers?) that had one Hebridean island in a sorta Whisky Galore moment until they realised that the actual order required them all to be weaving continuously for the next 100 years or so... but I cannae find them.
Instead, I bought these in Rome:

Not for tramping the wet streets of Glasgow, though...

Nov 5, 08 2:09 pm  · 
 · 

solidred I didn't know you were a pimp...

Nov 7, 08 11:42 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Currently wearing my trail running shoes (Brooks Cascadia 3):

H.R. Giger meets Target. Ass-ugly, but in the best possible way

Nov 7, 08 11:56 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

Nov 7, 08 4:16 pm  · 
 · 

those shows are fly blackharp... but what are they?

Nov 8, 08 1:59 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

fly, from london

Nov 8, 08 4:32 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

their emblem is a literal fly. love em.

Nov 8, 08 4:33 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

thought some of you might dig these nike air force 1 by maharam limited edition via moss

Apr 1, 09 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
rockandhill

ive been saving up for some new interview clothes.

i think i've decided on these bad boys:

Apr 1, 09 12:41 pm  · 
 · 

uhmm rockandhill what job are you interviewing for?

Apr 1, 09 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
rockandhill

at this rate? probably fast food.

Apr 1, 09 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

ronald mcdonald

those shoes are stupid

Apr 1, 09 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
rockandhill

why are they stupid? it's just a classic solid dark blue leather shoe?

I'm getting these because I bought the jacket that matches (i got it on hella clearance because i guess commes des garcons doesn't sell much clothes in my super fattie size? a xxl is a 38!).

http://www.colette.fr/#/eshop/article/26787/junya-watanabe-comme-des-garcons/ -- don't worry, I paid far, far less than that!

I've been putting away ~10 bucks a week for new clothes since I've been looking for a job if that tells you how long I've been unemployed.

I should probably use this money to get an apartment some place but I don't have credit or a co-signer and I am not moving back to the ghetto.

Apr 1, 09 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

I guess they look like something I picture a factory worker wearing. Or maybe a retired milk man/ disabled grandpa. They're very goofy to me. I just don't see the style in them. Who makes them? I mean, I'm not sure how old you are, but I don't think I could pull these off at 24. Well, I could, but no one would take anything I said seriously. Let's see an elevation view of those. Maybe there is something I can't see here. And why the dual colored laces? I didn't know people still wore blue shoes like that. They're like kids shoes. Do you have a matching bow tie? These are blowing my mind.

Apr 1, 09 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
rockandhill

they're by maison kitsune and pierre hardy.

Collette actually sells them! http://www.colette.fr/#/eshop/article/26275/kitsune-x-pierre-hardy/89/

I think they just come with two sets of laces.

Apr 1, 09 10:15 pm  · 
 · 

the music on that site are amazing!! Very urban

Apr 1, 09 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

"classic solid dark blue leather shoe"

Hmm, I didn't know anyone ever wore shoes like that. You'd have to be really talented to get hired with those, imho!

It is nice to think looks don't have an impact on being hired, but if I have an office, bring in some billion dollar client in his Zegna suit and see some guy dress with bright blue jacket and shoes, I'd have to lock the door to keep him from running! That's not good business.

Go for edgy, that's fine, just don't blind people!

Apr 2, 09 9:03 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

haha yea i thought that was funny, too. like, dude i don't understand why are they stupid? they're just classic shoes. his justification was that he already had the same color jacket hahaa. rock and hill, you're awesome.

Apr 2, 09 9:22 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

actually, i don't think that the kitsuné & pierre hardy blue shoes look too bad. i doubt i would call them "classic"...but then again, it's shoes like that that remind be how mind-blowingly conformist most people are...especially in america.

Apr 2, 09 10:15 am  · 
 · 
rockandhill

puddles, your post is especially on point when you compare it with the two posts above you.

Also, if a billion dollar client is wearing Zegna (more than like he's actually wearing Dunhill or Thom Browne because Zegna is dogshit)... he probably knows that medium blue is hot color in fashion or recognizes comme des garcons.

I don't wear black anything because I'm not an extremist protestant, I'm not catholic, I'm not at a funeral nor am I at a ball. I would think in architecture that a client might be generally happy to interact with someone who has enough consideration for form and aesthetics that they'll branch out personally into appreciating new colors and new styles. You do art and you look it at the same time. I'm not going to take design advice seriously from some dillhole in a black turtle neck, jeans and black mules. Gross.

Apr 2, 09 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
anti

I wish I had the balls to pull of some Comme des Garcons shit. I think they make beautiful stuff but most of it it just beyond my comfort line. (I kind of like the blue shoes, but again, dont know if I could pull it off)

Apr 2, 09 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
lexi
www.chiemihara.com

and

www.camper.com

Tall heels that you can wear all day walking around

Apr 2, 09 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
archiwhat

I usually wear these

Apr 2, 09 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

To each their own. My clients are not 20, and tend to lean towards classic conservative personal style. Obviously, you have or work with a different group of people.

I do agree with you about the black.

Just curious, are you a conformist if you drive a BMW and buy classic modern furniture?

Apr 2, 09 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

The thing with the blue shoes is you can't add too much with it. Maybe a coordinating shirt or tie, but a statement jacket might kill it.

Love them though.

Apr 2, 09 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

are you implying conformism is a bad thing? get over yourself

jesus wore cheap sandals and a robe

turtlenecks are terrible

shoe variation is great

don't wear black

try a new style

drive a nice car

buy expensive furniture

20 years of schooling and they put you on the day shift

Apr 2, 09 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

blue shoes : statement jacket - don't make me laugh!

Apr 3, 09 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
rockandhill

i wouldn't really consider something with a brooks brothers pattern a statement jacket.

Apr 3, 09 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
alexstitt

I wear Onitsuka Tiger's

and these when im on the ice:

Apr 3, 09 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
odee

Puma Unlimited

Apr 3, 09 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

jesus

Apr 4, 09 3:25 am  · 
 · 
alexstitt

TW, I wonder if that guy loading his truck at the tool center is wondering why you're taking pictures of your feet!

Apr 4, 09 8:33 am  · 
 · 
maxpower

vans half cabs

Apr 4, 09 10:24 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

tumbleweeds - that's badass. what does your robe look like

Apr 4, 09 11:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: