Jul 13, 07 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

actually looking at most of the shoe pics it seems as though most
people where jeans to the office...

Jul 13, 07 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

or maybe only when they're taking pics of their shoes.

Jul 13, 07 6:46 pm  · 
 · 

am I the only waiting to see tumbles in sandals - we want to see the toesys

Jul 15, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

As regular as the seasons, once again I bought my fall Via Spiga boots in August...they arrived yesterday....

Sep 6, 07 9:26 am  · 
 · 
mespellrong

A course requirement for me this semester: buy a pair of Frye Boots.

Sep 6, 07 9:55 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

if money permits this autumn quarter, i'm going with these ben sherman's:

Sep 6, 07 12:06 pm  · 
 · 

those look nicely worn in

Sep 6, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
brer

Archinectors would do well to ditch the Kenneth Coles and get a more expensive and longer lasting dress shoe. Kenneth Cole and its ilk have poor construction and wear out quickly. A good dress shoe (Allen Edmonds and Alden are two good U.S. brands) will last many more years than Florsheim, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan (now that its owned by Nike), etc if well taken care of. It is really an investment, you can buy 3 pairs of $70 shoes in 6 years or you can buy one pair of $160 shoes that will last 6 years. There is the added benefit of less waste this route as well.

In my opinion a professional man should have a pair of black cap-toed balmorals (enclosed lacing) for more formal occassions (interviews, weddings, funerals, anything with a charcoal/black suit) and a pair of brown bluchers (open lacing) for informal occassions.

Here is an example of the balmoral, Allen Edmonds Byron:

And an example of the blucher, Allen Edmonds Colton:

Sep 6, 07 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
rza

Just got a new pair! They cost more than Gehry's new Utah complex, but they're comfy.

Sep 6, 07 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

*bump.*

i'm hooked tigers lately too.

that is all...

Sep 26, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

i just ordered myself these. free overnight shipping, so i should have them tomorrow. exciting.

Sep 26, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

so i just dropped some coin on two pairs of Cole Haans today...

Jun 1, 08 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I'll second the "you get what you pay for". Eccos are my personal fav, more comfortable than my running shoes. I've got several pairs and love each one (check out ebay for super steals on new ones, which are typically 175-200 a pr).

These are my favorites.

Jun 2, 08 8:04 am  · 
 · 

anybody tried these 'anti-shoe' things i've been seeing advertised? what's the deal?

Jun 2, 08 8:15 am  · 
 · 
AP

Born

Steven, i didn't know what you where referring to so i googled it. turns out there was a lady in front of me on the stairs coming out of the subway this morning with a pair of these on:

not so attractive, but i'm intrigued by the potential physiological benefits. a bit pricey though...

Jun 2, 08 11:04 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

gimmick?

and don't the masai run around barefoot? i don't get the reference..

Jun 2, 08 11:25 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

today, going for a casual monday with some classics:

Jun 2, 08 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski
Jun 2, 08 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

mdler, how quickly you are growing up ;-)

The shoes I'm wearing today are from - gasp - Target. And they're not flipflops, they're dress mules. I'm embarassed, but whatever - it's really hard for me to care about any footwear that isn't boots. I just suffer for the next 12 weeks until I can put on my boots again.

Jun 2, 08 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

LB

it doesnt help that my brother is in the fashion business and will give me shit if I look like crap...as will my mother

Jun 2, 08 1:03 pm  · 
 · 

so hard to remain scruffy isn't it.

Jun 2, 08 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

all black NuBuck vegan skate shoes.

lakai
fallen
emerica
vans

Jun 2, 08 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

atechno

I cut my hair an shaved...look about 12

Jun 2, 08 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Jun 2, 08 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

i normally don't like "design jokes", but these i kinda like.

Jun 2, 08 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

I wore these sexy little numbers today

In celebration of giving myself an overdue pedicure last night

Jun 2, 08 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Ugh, p2an, those I don't like.

tuna's strappy little kicks, on the other hand: yowza!

Jun 2, 08 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
ARKTEK

I'd love to see an extreme close-up of those disorienting heels.

In action.

On feet that is.

Walking.

Jun 2, 08 8:37 pm  · 
 · 

uhmm tuna, remember the subtle conversation about my foot fetish. As Liberty said yowza!

Jun 3, 08 10:12 am  · 
 · 
mdler

brer

I just did some reseach on cole haans and you are correct. Apparently they have really dropped in quality since the days my dad bought a pair (he still wears the pair he bought 25 yrs ago)

thanks, nike, for fucking up something else

looks like Im gonna be sending my shoes back...for what I paid, i dont want some shit made by 8yr olds

Jun 3, 08 11:27 am  · 
 · 
****melt

arktek - the issue isn't walking... it's driving. Can't drive in heels to save my life. That's why you'll see me arriving and departing work in my flip-flops.

Jun 3, 08 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

arktek - the issue isn't walking... it's driving. Can't drive in heels to save my life. That's why you'll see me arriving and departing work in my flip-flops.

Jun 3, 08 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tuna

when you show up to the jobsite for that project and there is a huge shoeprint landsacpe feature we will all know why...

Jun 3, 08 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

rocking these for basketball on the weekend

Jun 4, 08 7:11 am  · 
 · 
Philarct

this is the only shoe ive worn since sophmore year in highschool
thats probably bad, but the shoe fits and it gets the job done
so...

Jun 4, 08 9:29 am  · 
 · 

i own a burgundy pair I bought in Bos almost 10 years ago...rarely wear them tho <- i kinda look like bozo the clown in them

honk honk

Jun 4, 08 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i am hurting for cool men's shoes, hurting. is this what happens during economic downturns, shitty shoes?

Aug 28, 08 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
brer

Wow, Alden makes some BEAUTIFUL boots:

Aug 28, 08 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
brer

You can ask of a shoe much of what you can ask of a building - Does it look good? Is it made well?

Which is why i'll never understand why so many architects and designers wear the equivalent of an EIFS-clad strip mall on their feet.

Aug 28, 08 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
brer

These are pretty great as well, from Common Projects:

Aug 31, 08 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

^ Love the CP desert boots. Waiting for a pair to go on sale, $300 is pretty steep for Chukka rips.

Aug 31, 08 3:35 pm  · 
 · 

Oh I sooooo need a few new pair of shoes - i'm on a sabbatical but I still need wear things other than flip flops at least 1 day out of the week

Aug 31, 08 9:25 pm  · 
 · 

ppl who check out my flickr page may have seen these already - i have waited many years to find a decent pair of chelsea boots, having a decent heels a short guy.

not really sure what it says about me though other than i have an issue with being short.

Sep 9, 08 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Nice, p2an. Boots make one walk with an attitude. Own that attitude and you'll look awesome in them - they are definitely cool, cool boots.

Speaking of boots, the high temp today here was 70. I broke out my cowboy boots today. Yay for fall!

Sep 9, 08 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
brer

Those cuban heels are a statement!
I dig it.

Sep 9, 08 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
brer

Finally got a pair of Aldens:

holler at your boy,

Oct 9, 08 11:10 pm  · 
 · 

p2an...the boots give your leg a great profile (flaminco comment may have to be retracted)

brer nice shoes.

I got some new ones myself to replace these

- will take pics later

Oct 10, 08 1:50 am  · 
 · 

I miss getting to wear the awesome gold laceup sandals I got in Rome... but somehow they just don't fit in to October in Seattle. :(

Oct 10, 08 1:55 am  · 
 · 
pedestrianshops

I did my Danskos because they look dressy enough that I can get away with wearing them to work, or out to a nice dinner, but when my tootsies are under my desk, I can easily slip them off for some toe-wigglin' bliss.

I just saw these crazy things - I kind of like them but I might get laughed at if I wear them to work, or in broad daylight:

Oct 29, 08 6:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: