Archinect
anchor

LOST

I know this has nothng to do with architecture but... I am wondering what everyones LOST theories are... Only a few more weeks left in the show and my friends and I are always theorizing about what the F is going on...

Any thoughts?

May 4, 10 5:46 am
strlt_typ

your people...
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=57746_0_42_0_C

May 4, 10 10:49 am  · 
 · 
zen maker

I think that alternate timeline will become the final ending, and the island will disappear including the people on the island. The other timeline seems to be happier and everybody is alive, so I don't see how they are going to end that one, its really messed up right now and only like 4 episodes left. I hope the writers will do amazing job for finally, otherwise, almost 6 years of LOST will suck...

May 4, 10 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
||||

hope you're right zen maker.

too many people are dying...slash having a mental break down!

May 5, 10 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
svensven

and the verdict is....

meh.

May 24, 10 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

is it over yet? talk about overrated.

May 24, 10 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
zen maker

Turns out it was just a fairy tale love story... many questions remained unanswered and many people feel cheated by the show. Anyway, it was a 6 year rollercoaster ride and I think the writers did their best, I'm pretty sure they had better ideas for the show but were cut back by the budget and deadlines.

May 24, 10 4:46 pm  · 
 · 

i was actually fairly happy with the ending. I never expected them to answer all the questions...

May 24, 10 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
svensven

The writers appeared to have "winged-it" for six years, never really coming close to fully answering the more captivating mysteries... Just setting up a new insane plot-twist each episode and tricking people into staying through to the end to see the answer to the proposed mystery. A fulfilling answer never came, this finale would have been more appropriately aired on April Fool's day.

I mean, without the sci-fi awesomeness the show was nothing more than a soap-opera Survivor type drama.

May 24, 10 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
svensven

... at least it was good water-cooler/bong-water talk for a few years

May 24, 10 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

hey lost writers: answer my QUESTION!

THE QUESTION, JERK !!

May 24, 10 5:25 pm  · 
 · 

I am pretty sure that wrtiers didn't "wing it" allegedly they had a rough outline for every single episode before they started season 1!... That's just what I heard.

As for me. I loved it!!! Yes they could have made things a little more clear, but at the same time if they did then there would be nothing left for us to discuss. I think the greatest thing about LOST is a philosophical journey... and like everything that has to do with death, religion, and love it is always a mystery. No one can tell you the answers it is about the journey and I think that was the point of the entire show.

I am trying to figure out what the flashsideways was??? Was that the limbo situation where you went when you died and then waited there for the rest of you "people" to die so that you could journey to the afterlife together? Not really sure.

LOVED IT nonetheless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 24, 10 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I enjoyed it as well. I thought they did a pretty good job of bringing it all around. Sure, a billion unanswered questions, but that's kinda the point as 1327 points out, more about the journey and relationships than about questions and answers.

Nice that one show was at least allowed to finish. I am pretty sick of shows being canceled without conclusions (actually making me think twice about investing any time in network shows).

I'll miss it.

May 25, 10 8:17 am  · 
 · 
svensven

As I've had more time to digest the finale episode and the series as a whole, I must admit how hauntingly beautiful it turned out. I guess I was just expecting the "jurassic park-ish" sci-fi answer, but then that wouldn't be nearly as fulfilling and rewarding as what we actually got.

To 1327 (SPOILER ALERT for anyone who hasn't watched it all yet):

From what i've gathered, the flash sideways realm of season 6 was the "purgatory" place that the main characters created to wait on each other's deaths and to proceed into the "light" together. In order for them to gather in the pseudo-church, they needed to "let go" by remembering their experiences together. Some died much earlier, some died much later, but since there was no time or now in this purgatory, it didn't matter when they died - just that they were together to proceed into the light. I think this light was also the same light that existed in the island, so in a sense it all goes full circle.

Everything that happened on the island actually happened, only the sideways world was of the spiritual realm. Remember the first scene of the sideways realm of season 6 where Rose says to Jack "you can let go now." These are supposedly his first moments after dying on the island during the final scene.

And yes, i'm a nerd.

May 25, 10 9:23 am  · 
 · 
headyshreddy

Purgatory seemed to be a bit of a cop out...

May 25, 10 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty_Shakleford

Well, it was more of a season 6 fake out. the sideways world of season 6 was the purgatory all along, but we were led to believe it was the post-atomic bomb world where the explosion trigger actually worked and destroyed the island in 1977 at the end of season 5, and allowing the cast to never crash on the island in the first place in 2004. kind of clever, but it definitely didn't explain a multitude of lingering questions from the rest of the seasons... but i've come to accept that these questions weren't as important as the ending lesson of "live together, or die alone."

the cop-out was never addressing the multitude of unanswered questions about the island and Dharma, and on and on and on.

This video lists all the unanswered questions, pretty hilarious...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

May 25, 10 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
zen maker

I watched the show because I really loved:

1) The island
2) The smoke monster
3) The statue
4) The donkey wheel
5) The rules
6) The Temple
7) The Egyptian stuff on the walls
8) The Jacob touching people
9) The "Don't tell me what I can't do"
10) The Jacob's cabin
11) The Whispers
12) The time travel
13) The Numbers
14) The Special Walt
15) The Cave of light
16) The....................???

WTF?! I really hated the finally, I really hated that non of the mysteries were trully answered! I feel like 6 years of my life dedication to LOST has been a long con...I hated the heaven entry point church of light!!! This is not original ending, what were they thinking. :(

May 26, 10 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
svensven

Most of those questions, besides Walt, are answered.

May 27, 10 9:47 am  · 
 · 
svensven

unfortunately it takes a degree in Lost-ology to dig back and find clues for most of them.

May 27, 10 9:50 am  · 
 · 
zen maker

They were answered by very poorly, I mean common on... you just threw a guy in cave of light and the smoke monster came out?! This is like the worst answer to smoke monster... I expected more...

May 27, 10 7:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: