Archinect
anchor

lost endings

+i

here it is... the blog revealing the season finale of LOST and the theory for the whole show...

don't look if you don't want to know...

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23991

May 15, 07 3:11 pm
treekiller

now i can't watch the last two episodes - sheesh! thanks for ruining the only good thing on tv!

ok, I didn't have to look....

May 15, 07 3:19 pm  · 
 · 

I am so not clicking on that.

In fact, if this is out there, I may have to go on an interent moratorium for a few days.

May 15, 07 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
+i

yeah, i have managed not to click... it's been sitting in my inbox for less than 24 hours and it's the only thing i can think about. f*ck.

May 15, 07 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
+i

it's like a curse, and i had to infect everyone else too....

May 15, 07 3:23 pm  · 
 · 

... make that a few weeks, there are three whole episodes left! WTF?

May 15, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I'm looking forward to seeing what else happens that wasn't in the spoiler and the acting will still be great!

ok- i won't tell what the spoiler says.

May 15, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 

tk - if you mention any of it here, I'm going to have to change my name to treekillerkiller.

Here's something to tide you over, +i, no spoilers here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRp8N5jS3R4

May 15, 07 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

I'm glad I'm not the only one on archinect that loves this show. Aside from LOST, the only other shows I "have" to watch every week are Earl & The Office...

May 15, 07 3:37 pm  · 
 · 

There's still one more season of The Wire to look forward to as well, they're filming it here in Baltimore right now.

May 15, 07 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
+i

the only things i tivo are lost, the office, and old reruns of sex & the city.

lost is the only ongoing show i have to look forward to.

May 15, 07 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

...or its a fake spoiler 'accidentally leaked' by the producers...though i didn't look so i don't know what it said...

..theories for the show are completely worthless. even though the producers and writers may have an underlying idea they've had from the beginning it has from day one EVOLVED into what it currently is and will continue to evolve and morph....certain characters who are now central to the story weren't even intended to recurr..and others who were going to be main characters are now gone for a variety of reasons, its art imitating life which is great.. its not a movie, but it does follow the 'mullholland drive' phenomenon in reverese.. (which was intended initially as a 'twin peaks' style pilot for TV.. the mysterious first 1:45 of movie.. the last 40 mins were written completely independently out of desperation). obviously if that had spun of into a television program it would have had much, much more to it than what was in the movie.

i will say thought i'm glad they decided to give it a definitive ending date... hell, i hope a whole 2 seasons isn't too long to have it not get stale and boring (see x-files, the)

May 15, 07 4:02 pm  · 
 · 

hey, anybody knows what happens at the end of 'sopranos'?
is chris dead? how about pauli? i wonder if they all are gonna die?

did you guys see tony soprano eating peyote last week and was trippin' in the desert and finally said he "gets it"?
i just saw the last five minutes.

if i tell tina the end of 'lost' she'd kill me.

i know the guy who plays the uniformed cop in 'the wire'. his name is bob wisdom. really nice guy in real life who is into sufi music and all.

May 15, 07 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i am so tempted to click on that link, but no, i must resist...

i just got into lost this season. it's a pretty good show. the last couple of episodes have been pretty good, but i've got to say, some of the episodes before that were just a waste of time.

May 15, 07 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Orhan, Chris dies in the first five minutes of that same peyote episode.

May 15, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 

good riddance. i never forgave him after he had adriana killed.

May 15, 07 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

start your own soprano thread.. I was grooving to the saga of oceano flight 815. No, I won't spill the beans... so don't sharpen the axe or gas up the chainsaw.

wfih- most tv shows evolve, maybe they have a story arc, but rarely are the details figured out in advance. theories about theories is interesting. I like the purgatory, alien space craft (ie x files), gilligan's island mash-up with survivor, to name a few I've heard.

thanks for explaining mulholland drive i stepped out to pee and when I came back all the characters had changed i was confused. at least I didn't have to pay for the movie tix...

May 15, 07 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

...I hear that in the last episode you find out that Bruce Willis was a ghost the whole time...

May 15, 07 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

... and that kate is a guy! or was that jack was a girl? the whole time...

May 15, 07 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

..i'm torn though between whether i want the ending should be an absolute in your face, to the point 'this is it' ending or something slightly on the head-scratching side so that even the shows legacy is a little mysterious...certainly doing the latter treads a fine line between brilliance and completely pissing off everyone...but it doesn't seem like the whole 'okay, here it is, this is it' type ending fits the show. oh well, 2 years is a long time. i didn't mean to indicate that theorizing the show's meaning was a waste of time, i just think its funny how many complete u-turns the writers have had to take because of characters and the actors/actresses who play them (for better and worse), but i guess that does happen with all shows.

.. and who knows, maybe when its all wrapped up they really will find a way to fit every single character, major and minor... from the show's run into the final story.

May 15, 07 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I was pissed off by the nostalgic feel-good tone of last seasons sopranos 'it's a good life' final episode - the one that was supposed to end the series until they all decided that they wanted to make more money and so we have a second 'final season'. that sort of tear jerker sentimentality it's just bad writing... there are few series that end well or with a bang, most just whimper away and afterwards you wish that you didn't watching it. Not sure if Lost will accomplish the former or the latter- so we'll all have to stay tuned (even if you look at the spoiler, can't tell the mood...)

May 15, 07 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

I don't care what happens, as long as jack dies. he's gotten so annoying this season.

May 15, 07 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

how bout that chick who left the sopranos to go on the "joey" show. good career move!

May 15, 07 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

i want to look so bad but i cant! i am beyond addicted to this show. two of my friends and i call each other after each show to discuss what we just watched and any new theories, its really pretty pathetic, but i love it.
im surprised there havent been previous threads that talked about lost. season 3 started out kinda at a slump to me at least, but i think its gathered momentum back now. im dying to know what the hell that jacob thing was.

May 15, 07 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i am waiting for ginger and maryann to show up.

May 15, 07 9:38 pm  · 
 · 

Maybe I should point out the joke I made on this thread? I was pretty proud of it at the time, but nobody seemed to notice.

This is a better audience for that sort of thing.

May 15, 07 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

I opened this thread, but after reading the first three posts, I've forced my eyes to blur and scrolled down to the bottom of the thread to avoid reading any spoilers...

May 16, 07 12:30 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

bR there are no spoilers on archinect, just links to them if you dare!

765- there iwas a map.

May 16, 07 11:51 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

ok, so who's ready for tonight!?

who/what is jacob!?

are they really dead and in hell!?

May 16, 07 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

i think the writers are just f'ing with all of us by eluding to the fact that everyone on the plane is dead. that purgutory rumor has been floating around for a long time (hell, even i had thought that in season 1.. and if my dumb ass could come up with it it aint that shocking). but it will be interesting to see if they eventually give meaning to the gross obsession with death, murder, violence, torture, imprisonment which has gotten pretty excessive in the last season.

i thought last year's season finale really didn't have that 'holy shit!...what the fuck??" shock factor the first season's did (the boat)...hopefully this year's will.

May 16, 07 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
+i

i agree with you wfih. i mean, i came up with that theory too... and that is just too easy. the whole show reminds me a lot of my thesis- haha--- mad complex and twisted and you dont know where you will end up, but you come to an impermanent conclusion which puts everything in focus but makes the future completely blurry. i think it would be great if we never really knew.

and i personally love their infatuation wtih death, murder, torture, and imprisonment. it makes it all very real. it's very symbolic of what is happening in war all over the world.

May 16, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
+i

and not in the ridiculous way that 24 does it. i actually used to like 24. and then it just got to be too much.

May 16, 07 12:51 pm  · 
 · 

The purgatory thing is on wikipedia's list of discreditied theories.

(no spoilers there)

May 16, 07 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

+i, yeah, i was hooked on 24 for the first couple of seasons (i remember working on my studio projects as a 2nd year glued to the tv when it was on) but then i just stopped caring.

May 16, 07 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
+i

exactly... i could care less if jack just ran 300 miles to hop a plane and get caught by the chinese and tortured and then escapes and runs through a minefield... all in 20 minutes.

maybe our children will enjoy that type of action one day after they have been bombarded with all the speed-induced cartoons. as for myself, it just doesnt do it for me.

May 16, 07 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
French

I prefer weeds anyway. It's more fun...

May 16, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

weeds is great! parker posey is definitely milf! looking forward to their next season with the pot growing ring taking off. I'm obsessed with the weeds title sequence and the rotoscoping errors from compositing multiples of the same actor into the scene- just look at the soccer players in the bg and the willow tree behind the jogger to see what I mean. that fx dude was real sloppy and lazy- i could have made better alpha channels after an all nighter in studio...

May 16, 07 2:48 pm  · 
 · 

Here's what I want to know: Where's the real Dharma Initiative? Where's the real Hanso Foundation? Somebody's got to design all those hatches, right?

Why aren't there really eccentric billionaires that want to carry out clandestine projects for the benefit/destruction of humankind?

I hereby present myself as available for the design (Concept through Construction Administration) of any and all secret headquarters, lairs, and bases. I can work with all kinds of site conditions: islands, volcanoes, underwater, antarctic, orbital, etc ...

Email me for resume and references.

May 16, 07 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

7- you need to belong to the set designers local or art directors guild in hollywood for that gig. sorry dude!

May 16, 07 8:26 pm  · 
 · 

I'm talking real here, tk, you know this stuff is out there, and you know they're gonna want to be off the grid, big time. Let's spec some solar panels and green roofs for evil geniuses!

May 16, 07 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
guess who's secretly...

So Ben killed his father, and now John killed his father. Jack and what's-her-name were traveling with their father in a coffin, but they don't know they're siblings (yet). Just be happy you're not a father of the LOST party.

May 16, 07 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

anybody gonna watch the special 'producers of lost' thingy tonite? will they answer any real questions or just keep us guessing?

7- the closest firm I know that practices this stuff is in Hawaii (no not part of lost) is the firm that built the new south pole station for the NSF...

you can also look to any of the huge engineering/military contractors like boeing, lockheed, raytheon, halliburton (yeah, you need to be sort of evil to do this stuff!). don't know of any architects creating new bunkers other then Bernard Khoury...

May 17, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

e-mi...speaking of, lets not forget the current and persistant absence of michael and walt.. if they don't come back to the show eventually i will be really, really pissed off.

May 17, 07 1:22 pm  · 
 · 

wfih, for sure! Funny about the father-to-son ring last night.

If there is ever a sequel to LOST, they could just call it The Plot Continues.

May 17, 07 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

didn't we see a wet walt a few episodes back?

May 17, 07 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

last season (i think) soon to be dead shannon did

May 17, 07 2:36 pm  · 
 · 

wfih, I think I'll be pissed off if he does come back. If I have to hear: 'They took my boy!' one more time ... although you're probably right, they'll close that loop sooner or later.

You're right about the father-son connections, emi, don't forget about Sawyer's father, too.

The new South Pole Science Station is pretty cool, tk, but I like the other entry that actually walked better.

May 17, 07 2:39 pm  · 
 · 

Boone's reappearance in that funky wig was a bit wet too.

May 17, 07 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
+i

i heart lost. last night was so great. i recorded it and watched it again. i am beginning to think the show is spliced with crack. small little scenes cut in for 1/10 of a second of a dude cookin up some crack. and now im addicted.

i also <3 the guy with the long hair dude- sayid (naveen andrews). i hope he blows those f*ckers to bits next week!

May 17, 07 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

+i, it is rare to have a 'good' iraqi charecter, especially with a history of torture, on american teevee. that alone is part of what keeps me returning every week.

So where are the european shows with such complexity and long story arcs? it seems that every show imported from the beeb or channel-plus reminds me of bad tv writing in the 1980s- no complexity and everything is resolved in every episode (like the A-team). So where are the euro versions of St. Elsewhere, Hill Street Blues, ER, NYPD Blue or any of the best long form dramas? How come we all we get is the office or footballers wives as adapted into desperate housewives. Do europeans have such short memory spans???

May 17, 07 9:28 pm  · 
 · 

You forgot to mention Dark Shadows. Remember parallel time? And don't forget the hand of Count Petofi!

Jacob still has a lot to learn.

May 17, 07 9:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: