Archinect
anchor

Archinect is being overrun by trolls

They've gone to plaid!

I've been a long time reader, and I think now more than ever, there is a large presence of trolls in the discussion forum, which, like I said before, is probably attributed to bored and out-of-work people seeking attention. It's one thing to have differing opinions, but it's another to provoke just for the sake of provoking.

I think this is a serious problem, so in the interest of maintaining the integrity of this site, I encourage everyone to please refrain from responding to the following members (whether sarcastically, begrudgingly, humorously, or any other form-ly). It's the only way they will go away.

Architect Technician
Piggy
hankd
Unicorn Slaughter
aquillathenun
tammuz
zoolander
*jesus.saves
*jack klompus

* might not be a troll, jusat annoying

Also, I know I will catch a lot of flak for this from said trolls, but you won't get a response out of me. no sir.

Feb 14, 10 10:50 pm
iheartbooks

ballsy sir, i like your style.

Less trolls might = less general negativity emanating from the discussions.

Feb 14, 10 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
Silent Disapproval Robot

Tammuz isnt a troll and has a lot of legitimate things to say. But besides him if there are more than 3 actual people on the above list Id be surprised. As far as I can gather theres a racist with aspebergers and a very bored child.

So yea. its annoying. I dont know what else we can do though.

Feb 14, 10 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

ya sorry... i'm so gullible, basically i always eat the troll bait...

i wonder though: is it boredom that drives trolls or is it political agenda? there are some forms of trolling that i find particularly hard not to respond to: things like racism or sexism, or things that are antagonistic or personal attacks, general disrespect for others, and political B.S., negative fear politics or hate mongering that try to pull the wool over people's eyes or egg people on in order to generate an argument or get under people's skin...

i think i'm pretty accepting of everyone, different points of view, etc. and i hope that we can avoid marginalizing anybody based on politics or perspective... but i think it's when people become hateful or disrespectful of others, i feel forced to respond and to pop a hole in the hot air... if something is bullshit, i'll call it out...

Feb 14, 10 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

Yeah, lets ban everybody that doesn't agree with me too. That'll fix 'em.

Ever notice how those that claim to be the most tolerant actually end up being the least?

Irony....its great.

Feb 15, 10 1:22 am  · 
 · 
Piggy

Everyone else that doesn't agree with me = troll!

Fail.

Feb 15, 10 1:22 am  · 
 · 
wahwoah™

whoa thought I was gonna be on the list, but since im not, I agree, ban all these duds and their disturbing comments. you kiss your mothers ass with that mouth piggy?

Feb 15, 10 1:25 am  · 
 · 
Piggy

And I thought "diversity" was a good thing... I guess the concept only applies to "certain" opinions. HAHA Bigots.

Feb 15, 10 1:28 am  · 
 · 
wahwoah™

since you refused to answer the question now everyone knows for a fact that you do kiss your mother's ass with that mouth. thank you for confirmation. don't stay unemployed too long now you hear!!

Feb 15, 10 1:41 am  · 
 · 
jesus.saves

if I am gonna make the list at least take the asterisk away

Feb 15, 10 2:45 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i always like it when racists like pigfucker claim to be part of some discriminated class of humans. communities are always deciding who to associate with and who not to associate with, consider this the boulder crushing you fat boy.

p.s. pigfucker, don't you worry your fat little brow about miscegenation, hell or breeding for that matter...

Feb 15, 10 5:53 am  · 
 · 
babs

Orochi = AquillatheNun = Piggy = Arch Technician = Unicorn Slaughter = Jesus Saves

They all demonstrate the same m.o. and they're all full of crap.

Paul - your website is self-destructing before your very eyes and you seem unable, or unwilling, to do anything about it.

Feb 15, 10 6:32 am  · 
 · 
zoolander

Im no troll, I just don't believe in global warming because it is a con.

Apart from that, no issues.

Feb 15, 10 7:27 am  · 
 · 
oe

^ No doubt. I mean theres a group of posters like zoo and puddles who just genuinely disagree with majority opinion on some things and I dont think deserve to be on that list. Just disliking Obama and saying so in a thread or two is a far cry from devoting the whole of ones waking hours to ham-fisting racial rants into completely unrelated threads.

Feb 15, 10 8:05 am  · 
 · 
hankd

Dear Archinect,

Me? Trolling? An exaggeration, to say in the least.

The intention of a troll is to provoke. However, posting provocative crap does not imply intentionally provoking. Therefore, even if I post provocative crap, it does not imply that I was intentionally provoking - only that I posted provocative crap. Simply posting provocative crap without the intention to provoke does not imply that I am a troll. Therefore, since none of the provocative crap that I have posted here was posted with the intention to provoke, it follows that I am not necessarily a troll.

Having experienced the conservative community at Archinect, however, I'll try to refrain from posting provocative crap from now on. In fact I'll probably take a break from posting anywhere at all since I've decided to take up sky-diving and it is taking up about 90% of my time.

If you want to see real trolling, I recommend Gaia Online or 4chan /b/.

Peace out.

hankd

Feb 15, 10 8:46 am  · 
 · 
2step

I got to wake up to this crap? I guess on Archinect you cant disagree with global warming or stimulus packages, but you can post pictures of retards. My posts have been way down since I find it harder each day to tolerate the beta's and OEs who attack like wild hyenas, however be singled out as a troll has given me a little inspiration.

I thought it was against the forum rules to talk about other members and to criticize Archinect.

Feb 15, 10 10:14 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

I agree with the premise of this, but we should be careful and use our own judgement on who is trolling and who isnt. We all know who the "real" trolls are... Jack Klompus is clearly not one of them.

No need to call out names, how bout we all just act like mature citizens of the world and ignore the trolls, we all know who they are.

If we actually care about cleaning up the 'nect, and getting it back to the place it was a few years back when actual conversations about meaningful things were common on the front page... we all know what to do. So, lets do it...

Feb 15, 10 10:19 am  · 
 · 
aquapura
I thought it was against the forum rules...

Forum rules? It's like the wild wild west on Archinect.

Feb 15, 10 10:23 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

its not my fault you, They've gone to plaid..or any other alternative guise you harbour here... are an idiot and cannot differentiate objective trollness from your subjective dislike of my posts, most likely due to your idiocy in the first place. this is exactly whats missing from my life, a witchhunt by a numskulled schmuck.

Feb 15, 10 10:31 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Klamp-ass, i have posted waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy less than you think, because of you and zooey doucheanel. you and these other half-wits have nothing to add to any conversation, your thoughts are less enlightening than the "retard" photos, and your opinions as naive as they are, with regards to climate change and stimulus, have only revealed how much i hate conservative hacks.

Feb 15, 10 10:35 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

fadetoblacko
I think this is the most tasteless post I have ever seen on this site. Thinking maybe Paul might also think so and pull the slogan.

Do you also steal old ladies purses?

Feb 15, 10 10:40 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Did you really copy and paste your posts from the other thread?

And oe... do you really have to reaffirm this after you got schooled in the other thread?

Do I really have to copy and paste my reactionary post?

Does anyone honestly think I am all of those people?

Feb 15, 10 11:26 am  · 
 · 
Piggy

Trolls are cute.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk34/feministing/trolls.jpg

Feb 15, 10 11:45 am  · 
 · 
2step

I think Beta should certainly be added to this list. Also that moderator who's always posting shit about how bad, fat, stupid, uncultured, spoiled Americans are, because there's no trolling like putting up inflammatory degrading articles and then bashing the negative responses.

Feb 15, 10 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

funny thing is, every time Klamp-ass writes, all i can see is

Feb 15, 10 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

I like the tolerant multiCULTie on another thread who just called for a civil war the best. Bigots rock. They know they can't win in an intelligent argument so they just get desperate and start calling names and cursing to distract from the FAIL.

Feb 15, 10 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

b3tadine[sutures] is an emo for sure. Lets his emotions cloud his thought process and tries to get everyone else to cloud theirs as well with heavy doses of emotional rhetoric (like that pic above).

Feb 15, 10 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

snort, snort, snort....racist.

Feb 15, 10 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

Oh NO the big bad "racist" card...soo scary. Why is reality such a painful thing for the multiCULTies? If you didn't believe in the reality of race yourself b3tadine[sutures] you wouldn't be getting yourself so wrapped around the axle regarding this topic. There is a lot of truth to the term Ching Chong being understood by all. Lets get real and stop being hynotized by the mirage of "equality".

Feb 15, 10 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

The multiCULTies M.O. is to start calling names and sinking to ad hominem attacks when all else fails.

Anyone that falls for this tactic isn't worthy to be an audience member on the Jerry Springer show.

Feb 15, 10 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

i hardly think the issue here is one of merely politics. i deal with people of opposing politics every day - and in a civil, even friendly, way. some of you are using politics, race, or extreme views about the profession as an excuse to become inexcusably malicious. some of you are just trying to get your kicks at all of our expense.

we have all made snarky comments on archinect at one time or another. it's part of an open forum. but, you know, in light of how things have been going of late, we could all stand to make one change -

a self-monitored filter, you might say. before you hit 'submit', ask yourself two questions:

1. am i being an asshole?

2. is it reasonable/useful/appropriate to be an asshole? ('cause, you know, sometimes it might be....)

Feb 15, 10 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
2step

^ If that was the case I doubt Beta would ever be able to post ^

Feb 15, 10 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

it's like this: when a new kid, a jerk comes to the school yard and starts punching everybody and calling everybody "stupid" and "idiot" and "bigot" and all kinds of names, in the beginning, some people may try to reason with him, some people may try to keep the peace for a while... but if he keeps on being a jerk, eventually he will get the shit kicked out of him on the school yard... that's bigotry or intolerance of anything except assholes... there's such a thing as "asking for it"...

there's a big difference between voicing an opinion and spam attacking every thread with your *message*... the difference is: you post everywhere because you are trying to RAM YOUR RAGE AND NEGATIVITY AND WORLD VIEW DOWN EVERYBODY'S THROAT... When you try to force your view on others in an aggressive way, posting everywhere and responding to any post with more of your same rhetoric, regardless of relevance, it's not just an opinion anymore, it becomes PROPAGANDA... most people can ignore it... You can whine and cry if you want... But if you start pushing people around and throwing insults at everybody because of your tantrum, eventually somebody is going to punch you in the mouth or slap you silly...

That's not bigotry, that's just reacting to bigotry with self defense...

Feb 15, 10 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

that's *not* bigotry or intolerance of anything except assholes

Feb 15, 10 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

bRink said, "but if he keeps on being a jerk, eventually he will get the shit kicked out of him on the school yard... that's bigotry or intolerance of anything except assholes... there's such a thing as "asking for it"..."

typical hypocritical drivel from the multiCULTies...straight from their own "tolerant" mouths.

Repeat after me:

I'm rubber you are glue
everything you say bounces off me
and sticks on you

Seems like one of the lessons the multiCULTies didn't learn in nursery school is that tolerance requires patience,respect, and the ability to not read everything that is presented to you.

So I doubt you are in some dank black cell somewhere tied to a chair with your eyelids being held open with taught hooks and fishing line and you've been forcefed Vivarin by the bottle full to keep you sleeping so you HAVE TO READ EVERYTHING AND RESPOND TO EVERYTHING PRESENTED TO YOU.

THats what used to separate the animal from enlightened mankind...self control.

Feb 15, 10 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

bRink said, "but if he keeps on being a jerk, eventually he will get the shit kicked out of him on the school yard... that's bigotry or intolerance of anything except assholes... there's such a thing as "asking for it"..."

typical hypocritical drivel from the multiCULTies...straight from their own "tolerant" mouths.

Repeat after me:

I'm rubber you are glue
everything you say bounces off me
and sticks on you

Seems like one of the lessons the multiCULTies didn't learn in nursery school is that tolerance requires patience,respect, and the ability to not read everything that is presented to you.

So I doubt you are in some dank black cell somewhere tied to a chair with your eyelids being held open with taught hooks and fishing line and you've been forcefed Vivarin by the bottle full to keep you sleeping so you HAVE TO READ EVERYTHING AND RESPOND TO EVERYTHING PRESENTED TO YOU.

THats what used to separate the animal from enlightened mankind...self control.

Feb 15, 10 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

2/15/2010

Dear Diary,

Piggy called me a poop face today. I didn't agree with him.

SO me and my "crew" beat the shit out of him because we wanted to teach that bigot a lesson in tolerance.

bRink

Feb 15, 10 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
wahwoah™

please reading your comments once is bad enough, no need to double post.

Feb 15, 10 1:34 pm  · 
 · 

piggy, i know you can talk like a reasonable person. time to put the monster back in the box. this multi-culti/tolerance line - while it might have some merit in a different context - is not serving you well right now because you're sounding like a crazy person.

Feb 15, 10 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

----0---- obviously twice wasn't enough for you to understand what I said:

you don't have to read everything presented to you (not even once).

Feb 15, 10 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

"If you didn't believe in the reality of race yourself b3tadine[sutures] you wouldn't be getting yourself so wrapped around the axle regarding this topic."

what does this even mean?

So, by your estimable logic then Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, and any other country that frowns on race-mixing, is good to go? The logic of "they do it, so should we" really, that's it right?

Seeing as how it's pretty much accepted that most whites have had the color bred out of them over time - seeing as how we are all descendants of an african woman - it would seem your racism is not only late, but too early.

Feb 15, 10 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

well people can only ignore so much... this is a public forum, so it's not as if people can ignore repetitive angry outbursts on every single thread on the forum... you are not just crying in your own dank black cell, if you were, nobody would care...

but from the moment you started posting you were throwing insults at individuals, *attacking* individuals, calling people names... that's the difference... It's not a conversation or a dialogue, it's trying to start a fight, trying to incite anger by repeating your illogical rhetoric from thread to thread where you hope it is read by as many people as possible... it's repeating the same rhetoric even when it is irrelevant to the previous posts...

the difference is, you clearly have an agenda which is to seek to incite anger and fear and hate... propaganda is not a passive type of speach or writing, it clearly has an offensive intentional agenda to spread ideology and influence people based on emotional rhetoric... just to be clear, propaganda cannot be avoided by turning a blind eye because propaganda at a certain point is an act of psychological violence against individuals through repetitive aggressive speach that is seeking to force a message on people who don't conform to those views...

hate speach is actually illegal, for the reason that it actually creates a real threat of harm to citizens and incites hate against a group of people. what is the point in what you are saying? what progress can come from it? it is a self serving and hateful kind of rhetoric and comes from fear... it brings down the forum and good decent people who might want to have a dialogue about the profession, and promotes negativity and anger and division.

Feb 15, 10 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

b3tadine[sutures] I can hear the rusty gears in your head starting to clear away some of the cobwebs...I can't think for you of course so all I can do is say keep it up!

I'll try to respond to your specifics:

"So, by your estimable logic then Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, and any other country that frowns on race-mixing, is good to go? The logic of "they do it, so should we" really, that's it right?"

No not at all. That would be as preposterous as saying "all those lemmings over there are jumping off that cliff therefore so shall I". Things should never be done just because everyone else is doing any given thing.

"Seeing as how it's pretty much accepted that most whites have had the color bred out of them over time - seeing as how we are all descendants of an african woman - it would seem your racism is not only late, but too early."

The way I see it it is very clear. Two options:

#1 Lets say I don't believe in God and I only believe in Darwinism, Evolution whatever. Under these rules yes the DNA of the blacks has been bred out of the whites to the benefit of the true intent of diversity. Endlessly allowing/ permiting/ encouraging/ accomodating/ celebrating an intermixing is to go backwards on the evolutionary food chain and to allow for dysgenic trends to be implemented. Patently unintelligent.

#2 Lets say I believe in God. He created the races. So now what we have are all these idiots who encourage interracial blending (like as in a blender) doing all in their measly poser to destroy what He created in the first place.

Either way (or somewhere in between) the typical contemporary arguments concerning diversity and multiCULTuralism are completely untenable...much like the "climate change" science thats currently being shown to be a total contemporary myth of false religion every bit as superstitious and destructive as the contemporary version of "diversity"

I have a married friend who just had her fourth child. Kid 1 red hair, blue eyes, Kid 2 blond hair, brown eyes, Kid 3 red hair brown eyes, Kid 4 brown hair, blue eyes. Now thats diveristy.

All the intermixing is leading to the ultimate form of non-diversity: mass homogeneity. Sure 1 in 100k mullatto children who are the result of all these pathetic self loathing white women who shack up with a black man end up with blue eyes but it is extremely rare...normally the IQ ends up decreasing and the genetic strain favors a fro and the same old dark skin across every iteration.

Let the black stay black, the white white, yellow yellow, etc. for Darwin and Gods sake and for everyone sake frankly. Stop meddling with mother nature or God or whoever set things up the way they are.

And FOR THE RECORD Piggy didn't come up with Darwin's version of reality or God so don't bother wasting your time in Jerry Springer style ad hominem attacks.

Feb 15, 10 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
wahwoah™

piggys vocabulary consists of

1. engineer
2. bigot
3. emo
4. cult

Feb 15, 10 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

----0---- Jerry Springer is likely to still be looking to give away tickets for prospective audience members for tapings of his show...last I knew he is in Chicago might want to look him up.

Feb 15, 10 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i seem to recall that when the breeders force dogs of the same breed to breed, it breeds a fucked up, mentally and physically deficient animal. that the mutts of the canine world are more stable, and happier, more well adjusted. the stupid is bred right out of them. so, here's my suggestion for you, pigmaster, keep on keeping on, and when those little "mentally challenged" half-wits, you are and your cro-mag woman pump out, don't call on me to pay for your special little ones special education.

Feb 15, 10 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

Piggy, all I'm saying is: stop with the hate speach, if people respond to personal attacks by hitting you back, you were asking for it no? also don't spam every single thread with the same rhetoric...

Why not have a reasonable dialogue instead of an angry rant? I don't agree with your rhetoric, but I would be glad to debate you in a reasonable way if you weren't attacking me and everybody else on this forum in every thread...

If you started a thread critiquing multiculturalism in an intelligent and reasoned way, you would probably get a better dialogue or debate out of it... But that's different than irrational ranting and hateful speach, name calling, and hinting at racism...

Feb 15, 10 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

b3tadine[sutures] you simply must do more research into genetics. Its obvious the information you've been provided with is seriously lacking, in fact totally backwards.

For example you might want to start with "the Flynn Effect" or you might look up an authoritative approach to "Eugenics".

reasonably useful starting point for looking more into the Flynn Effect:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_Effect

A good book is called "The Bell Curve".

Feb 15, 10 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

if i remember correctly, there's a photograph of Piggy posted a couple of years ago. he was wearing a grey 'architecture sucks' t-shirt while looking at plans on a desk. it was in an office with a brick wall...

Piggy, you're from chicago, right? was that you?

??

Feb 15, 10 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

omg... alright you win piggy

Feb 15, 10 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

strlt_typ,

ummm sure...I thought Chicago only produced muslim Kenyan usurpers named Barry Soetoro, alias Obango and Union mafiosos.

I've been to Chicago one I think in my life, maybe twice. Glad I didn't stay long.

Feb 15, 10 2:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: