Archinect
anchor

which presidential candidate?

dml955i

Anyone else take either of these quizzes? Obama for me... How 'bout you?

http://glassbooth.org/
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/projects/ongoing/select_a_candidate/poll.php?race_id=13

Dec 4, 07 4:43 pm
mdler

she can be my 1st lady...

Dec 4, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Dec 4, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hugo chavez!

Dec 4, 07 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

haha woot! i got mike gravel... i love that man

normally i end up with Chris Dodd pretty high up there

Dec 4, 07 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

dennis is my man!

Dec 4, 07 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i got mike gravel as well.

Dec 4, 07 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Kucinich for me.

Dec 4, 07 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Tie with Mike Gravel and Kucinich.

Dec 4, 07 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
db

Kucinich for me @ 89% !!!

Obama was 7th,
but he's got my vote anyway.
(you rock Barack!)

Dec 4, 07 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
mauOne™

hey VR > fuck chavez!

Dec 4, 07 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
rza

Kucinich with Gravel 4 points behind.

I like Gravel better :(

Dec 4, 07 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
Renewable

Joe Biden?
Ironic, because I never liked that guy....

Dec 4, 07 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Obama topped one quiz. Richardson topped the other.

But there is no gauge for how well you think a particular candidate can pull it off. Maybe it's not important at this point.

Dec 4, 07 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

chris dodd, which is kinda scary.

but i'm a big fan of what his father did to goehring et al. he also ran against prescott bush. shame he lost, though.

Dec 4, 07 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

glassbooth:

tom tancredo 95%
duncan hunter 93%
mitt romney 71%

npr:

tom tancredo 12.0
duncan hunter 12.0
fred thompson 12.0

yea .. that's about right

Dec 4, 07 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

mccain is the only republican who doesn't think it's okay to torture people.

Dec 5, 07 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

Ron Paul for me.

yea..that's spot on.

Dec 5, 07 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Tancredo. He makes me laugh.

Dec 5, 07 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

Kuchinich

Dec 5, 07 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

My partner's partner is listening to Mitt Romney on TV across the room. Mitt Romney is such a tool.

Dec 6, 07 10:44 am  · 
 · 
n_

After listening and watching a few GOP presidential debates and speeches, I am very worried that Romney hasn't read our Constitution and has little to no interest in our judicial branch of government.

Frightening.

Dec 6, 07 11:32 am  · 
 · 
4arch

Glassbooth - Kuchinich

I also did an experiment by giving all 20 of my points to the environment (that being my biggest issue anyway) and got Biden with Kuchinich as a close second.

MPR - Kuchinich - I dodn't feel they asked enough questions about the environmnet and in general the questions were too pointed.

Dec 6, 07 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
LaTorpilleRose

[H3]MITT ROMNEY MAKES ME WANT TO GAG. HE'S MORE OF A JOKE THAN GUILLIANI![/H3]

Dec 13, 07 12:09 am  · 
 · 
sandmansd

i got kucinich on glassbooth and richardson on mpr...

my results seemed to not be very consistent between the two...

but whatever...

i've always been a big supporter of richardson as at least vp for his foreign relations experience. but as long as the right gets their asses handed to them, i'm not too particular who wins. anything on the left (which in my book includes ron paul) would be an improvement from what we got now.

Dec 17, 07 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

yea i'd love to see ron paul as president

he's the opposite of the left, though (except for getting out of iraq)

Dec 17, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
TED

i am going to write in abra-

Dec 17, 07 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

ron paul and kucinich are the only canidates that aren't wholly owned subsidaries of their political parties.

Dec 17, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 

Free Ramos, are you kidding? Thompson?! I was doing a series of political posters this quarter, and in finding quotes from each candidate, Thompsons were the most absolutely hilarious and ridiculous. When I posted them up on the wall, people thought he must have been being sarcastic.

Glassbooth- Richardson, Kucinich, Gravel

MPR- Clinton, then Biden, then Dodd

Richardson was actually the guy I had pegged as being the candidate for me after the aforementioned project. Sensible, pro-environment, pro-civil rights in general.... I think there's something that people from the southwest might have in common that makes him the match for me. Not the McCain type, but the people on the more progressive end of the spectrum.

I liked the glassbooth quiz better than the MPR one because it painted things in broad strokes instead of nitpicky specifics. I have certain goals and certain priorities, and am willing to recognize that there might be different ways of getting there. The MPR quiz was too hung up on specific bills and details for my taste.

Dec 17, 07 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
21Ronin

Hey, mauOne™ , what's wrong with Hugo Chavez? Hugo Chavez offerred to provide oil (below the typical cost) to the urban areas (like New York, Chicago, etc) to help out the poor and our government shot it down. Doesn't anyone else think that George Bush is the devil?

My opinion, I would say Obama. Kucinich is great, but I think the overwhelming majority of people will not vote for him. He is very smart and experienced, but I think many people get a radical impression from him. I guess that's what happens when you speak the truth. I know that is not enough of a reason to not vote for someone, but I really like Obama. Obama is very charismatic (obviously), but he is also very intelligent. Obama seems to have a progressive view without the pointing the finger attitude as Kucinich.

Dec 17, 07 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

no, rationalist, i'm not kidding

i'm mostly conservative and living in los angeles my #1 concern is border security/enforcing laws against illegal immigration (which will help blue collar u.s. citizens and legal immigrants)

Dec 17, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

ok, some of the gem quotes I found from Thompson then, just so you know where I'm coming from with my suprise....

"Some people think that our planet is suffering from a fever. Now scientists are telling us that Mars is experiencing its own planetary warming: Martian warming. It seems scientists have noticed recently that quite a few planets in our solar system seem to be heating up a bit, including Pluto. NASA says the Martian South Pole's ice cap has been shrinking for three summers in a row. Maybe Mars got its fever from earth. If so, I guess Jupiter's caught the same cold, because it's warming up too, like Pluto.
This has led some people, not necessarily scientists, to wonder if Mars and Jupiter, non-signatories to the Kyoto Treaty, are actually inhabited by alien SUV-driving industrialists who run their air-conditioning at 60 degrees and refuse to recycle.

Silly, I know, but I wonder what all those planets, dwarf planets and moons in our SOLAR system have in common. Solar? I wonder. Nah, the science is absolutely decided. There's a consensus. Ask Galileo. "

"Americans have the best healthcare in the world."

"I've always thought that Roe v. Wade was a wrong decision, that they usurped what had been the law in this country for 200 years"

Dec 17, 07 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

I think Thompson was just paraphrasing the plot of "Total Recall"...try not to take it out of context rationalist...

Dec 17, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

rationalist... that first quote, though the premise runs contrary to my beliefs, is actually very funny and quite clever... you must admit.

Dec 17, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 

oh yeah, I cracked up the first time that I read it.

dml- if I have done, it was unintentional, as it wasn't presented in further context to me by the source I found it from.

Dec 17, 07 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
21Ronin

Leave it to Republican's to make our government into WWF again by electing another actor!

Dec 17, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Wow...Hilary and Hilary, good thing that's the way i was going anyway.

Dec 17, 07 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
n_

The Huckabee family sure lives in a fugly house.

Dec 18, 07 11:15 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Hillary Can't Beat Rudy [period]

Dec 18, 07 11:19 am  · 
 · 
dml955i

Hillary can't beat a drum... in addition to Obama, Edwards is coming on strong.

Dec 18, 07 11:24 am  · 
 · 
4arch

any of the probable democratic nominees can beat rudy if they "swift boat" him. and unlike kerry, rudy has a weak enough resume and enough real skeletons in his closet to not have to trump up unsubstantiated allegations. just boil it all down to 2 or 3 word phrases and repeat unrelentingly and you win. what remains to be seen is whether the democratic nominee actually *will* do that.

Dec 18, 07 11:41 am  · 
 · 
n_
thank god
Dec 20, 07 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

I got Ron Paul on both of them. I already had that one figured. We're both Right-leaning Libertarians from TX. Go figure.

Dec 20, 07 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

n_ did you really thing tancredo had a chance? he wasn't in it to be president, but to draw attention to one of the most important issues we face today. and he did it (for both republicans and democrats).

mission accomplished

Dec 20, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
n_

No, I didn't think he had a chance. He and everyone else knew he didn't have a chance.

The immigration issue is already here with or without Tancredo's help.

Dec 20, 07 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

the issue has been here without tancredo's help

however, we talk about it on a national level in large part because of tancredo

mission accomplished

Dec 20, 07 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
faini

id love to see a democrat in office, not sure about obama, and defi not hillary "bush lite" clinton..

ron paul has a lot of logical and insightful views, but he has the old man shakes, and that scares me a lil

Dec 20, 07 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
faini

Mike Tyson ! He has a cabinet full of personalities in his head. He's strong. He'll scare other leaders. He has a tattoo on his face. Two gold teeth. Oprah's got his back ! COME ON, pick him a running mate

Jan 8, 08 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

how can you like ron paul, but want to see a democrat in office? that makes no sense.

Jan 8, 08 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
faini

it makes perfect sense. it's an obsevation. ron paul has logical views a/o opinions of the world crises. if i'd said, i want a demo in office - i want paul in office...then.

Jan 9, 08 12:14 am  · 
 · 
21Ronin

Hey ...tumbleweed...,

"I didnt think that democrats did anything"

I can tell you one thing that they didn't do. They didn't take us into an unprovoked war and take advantage of our fears after a horrible tragedy. Also, one has to keep in mind that they have a slim majority and not enough votes to push their agenda through. Regardless of the past, if you look at the Republican nominees vs the Democrat nominees, I think it is easy to see that the Dems have much more interesting, personable and electible people.

Jan 9, 08 4:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: