Archinect
anchor

which presidential candidate?

aquapura

21Ronin - the military seems to be supporting Ron Paul

Jan 9, 08 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
21Ronin

Makes sense. I guess the military feels like Democrats have betrayed them because they didn't support the decision to go to war. And I would contend that Ron Paul isn't the typical Republican nominee of the past 20 years. The whole country has moved away from the Neo-Con mentality and has shifted back toward the center. Ron Paul's popularity is a clear example of this. But, I think that the effect of the war and the Bush Administration has moved people away from the Republican party. I really think that swing voters will be distracted by the Dem candidates.

Jan 9, 08 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

in 9 months , I will have one vote. I am sure the right person will present them self then...

Jan 9, 08 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Looks like Richardson is out of the race

Jan 9, 08 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

And Bloomberg might suddenly be in.....

This is sheer madness. But it's entertaining, and it's coming at a very opportune time since we don't have anything new on TV to watch. I wonder who the WGA would endorse....it's times like these I wish the West Wing was still on!

Jan 10, 08 1:07 am  · 
 · 
godori

she's fugly

Jan 10, 08 1:49 am  · 
 · 
n_

I heart Richardson. I'm hoping someone thinks critically about him as their possible VP.

Jan 10, 08 9:48 am  · 
 · 
****melt

I think I'd rather see Richardson as secretary of state or something. His experience in the international sector is just way too important to ignore.

Jan 10, 08 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I think I'd like a 2'fer

Jan 11, 08 11:38 am  · 
 · 
cityboy9

^^^ i almost pissed myself! that's gross and hilarious at the same time!!

Jan 15, 08 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

kucinich barred from another debate!

shame on MSNBC and GE. rat bastards.

Watch for the NV Supreme Court Ruling here.

Jan 15, 08 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
kyo-ko

Though I actually got Hilary as the result of one quiz, i believe that Obama is a much better candidate as he will do wonders in breaking down foreigner's stereotypes of Americans. Not to mention the question of Iran.

Jan 15, 08 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i'm hoping when hillary wins people will learn to spell her name

Jan 15, 08 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

mitt wins michigan

hoping for romney/thompson as republican ticket

if it's mccain or hucklebee i'm out

Jan 15, 08 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Why are you hoping for a robot to be the candidate? Thompson is hilarious though....he doesn't even want to be president.

This is a great quiz.....my roommate just pointed it out to me. Here are my results, they seem to be right in line with how I intend to vote:

87% Barack Obama
86% John Edwards
83% Hillary Clinton
82% Chris Dodd
80% Dennis Kucinich
79% Mike Gravel
76% Joe Biden
76% Bill Richardson
48% Rudy Giuliani
36% John McCain
30% Mike Huckabee
27% Mitt Romney
27% Tom Tancredo
19% Ron Paul
19% Fred Thompson

Jan 15, 08 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

of those left on the conservative side, mitt romney is the one i agree with on issues most important to me. yes i agree fred has been a disappointment.

my results to the above quiz, they also seem to be right in line with how i intend to vote (except as 'decline to state' in california, i can't vote for a republican in the primary election) :

81% Tom Tancredo
71% Mitt Romney
70% Fred Thompson
68% Ron Paul
55% John McCain
54% Mike Huckabee
45% Rudy Giuliani
36% Mike Gravel
30% Dennis Kucinich
30% John Edwards
29% Bill Richardson
27% Chris Dodd
26% Hillary Clinton
24% Joe Biden
22% Barack Obama

Jan 16, 08 1:03 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wow, FRaC, we're almost totally opposite. Amazing!

You should vote on February 5th anyway. There are several propositions on the ballot that seem important, including one about transportation funding.

Jan 16, 08 1:25 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

don't worry, i won't miss the feb 5th election day. there are several propositions on the ballot that are important to defeat (i'm guessing we're opposite on those as well).

and the democratic party lets me vote on a candidate. they're so nice!

Jan 16, 08 10:20 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

92% Ron Paul
79% Fred Thompson
78% Mitt Romney
23% Hillary Clinton

Another quiz with Ron Paul #1 and Hillary dead last. No surprises there for me.

Here's hoping for a total economic meltdown so Dr. Paul's issues actually take a center stage over the drivel coming from the "mainstream" canidates.

Jan 16, 08 10:37 am  · 
 · 
4arch

96% Mike Gravel
96% Dennis Kucinich
79% John Edwards
76% Barack Obama
74% Chris Dodd
73% Joe Biden
71% Hillary Clinton
66% Bill Richardson
34% Rudy Giuliani
29% Ron Paul
27% John McCain
21% Mike Huckabee
19% Mitt Romney
13% Tom Tancredo
9% Fred Thompson

Jan 16, 08 10:44 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

I've been playing with the latest quiz as I'm not surprised at the top canidate it gave me, but all the ones between. On at least 1/2 the questions asked my choice was something far from the mainstream republican positions. For example, I say immediate withdrawl from Iraq. That's a Ron Paul position, but couldn't be farther from Thompson's or Romney's position.

Jan 16, 08 11:29 am  · 
 · 
SandRoad

Aqua -- I like Ron Paul. I admire people with that kind of "direct-ness" on issues -- he seems to step right up to the plate on al the controversial issues -- border control, abortion, taxation, health care, etc. -- in a way that is probably killing him politically, but he doesn't seem to waiver for the sake of political expediency. I could definitely support him, although his chances are unfortunately slim to none.

Jan 16, 08 11:56 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

for you paul supporters, are you against eminent domain? good luck getting any civic projects built in the coming years. being anti-eminent domain is anti-development.

paul's environmental policies are virtually nonexistent - some bs about individual rights and the ability to sue your polluting neighbor. paul is simply a libertarian in conservative's clothing, not sure why people feel his ideas are so innovative.

Jan 16, 08 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

jafinder - for me Ron Paul is the only one talking about the #1 issues that matter to me...that's why he's my choice.

Tell me the other canidate that has mentioned an iota about inflation, abolishing the federal reserve, returning the dollar to a gold standard, stopping needless foreign aid, cutting the fed gov't.

My #1 concern in the coming years is stagflation/hyperinflation and quite frankly when the fed turns the USA into the Weimar Republic you won't be worrying about eminent domain or the environment.

Every, and I mean every other canidate out there is making campaign promises that will put us in the same place that Hoover did at the onset of the great depression. Paul is the only one to stand up and say "how are you going to pay for that."

Issues like National healthcare, yeah, sounds nice, but now is not the time for luxuries like that. And a tax the corporations, soak the rich plan won't pay for the gov't excesses we already have.

Jan 16, 08 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

that quiz is one of the best i've seen so far.

86% Mike Gravel
80% Dennis Kucinich
72% Bill Richardson
71% Barack Obama
71% Chris Dodd
70% John Edwards
68% Hillary Clinton
67% Joe Biden
43% Ron Paul
38% Rudy Giuliani
37% John McCain
30% Mike Huckabee
28% Mitt Romney
24% Tom Tancredo
20% Fred Thompson

Jan 16, 08 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

the test is ridiculous. the results described me as 82% chris dodd and i've never even heard of chris dodd. i want to vote for mitt romney because he is a republican and looks like a president but i can't vote for mitt romney because he is a mormon. i think i'm just going to sit out this election.

where have you gone belinda stronach?

Jan 16, 08 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

see, i totally see you voting for Romney, because he likes kicking veterans too, perhaps you should reconsider.

Jan 16, 08 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

66% John McCain
61% Chris Dodd
58% Rudy Giuliani
57% Hillary Clinton
57% John Edwards
57% Bill Richardson
55% Mike Huckabee
54% Barack Obama
53% Joe Biden
51% Mike Gravel
46% Mitt Romney
43% Dennis Kucinich
43% Tom Tancredo
42% Fred Thompson
41% Ron Paul

who the hell is chris dodd?

Jan 16, 08 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i think you're being a little alarmist, aqua. i agree that the economy is a very important issue this election, but to vote based on one issue is a bit a extreme, especially when issues of foreign policy and the environment will weigh heavily in the next four years. i'm all for cutting spending, but many of paul's other economic ideas seem very regressive and isolationist. wanting to pull out of the wto and nafta is just crazy. the world is only going to become more interconnected, and the united states needs to be not only a participant, but a leader in these organizations.

Jan 16, 08 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box
when the fed turns the USA into the Weimar Republic

-blaming reichstag fire9/11 on the communists terrorists

-taking swift action against political meetings, arresting and killing the communists terrorists.

-exploiting the state's broadcasting facilities in a massive attempt to sway the electorate

-blaming germany's the US's problems on the communists terrorists

-passing of the Enabling Act patriot act gave Hitler chimpy and his government sweeping powers to legislate without the Reichstag's congress's approval

the reasoning for the hyperinflation of the weimar republic was in part due to the reliance on US loans...

and now we rely heavily on loans to Japan, China, arabian peninsula... as we head into a recession.

sorry to bust yer bubble, there aqua, but we are already there...
sweet, i've been looking for a reason to get some jackboots...

Jan 16, 08 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: