Archinect
anchor

The day they killed Archinect

Manteno_Montenegro

Michigan is cool in that you're a whole lot closer to the North Pole than Texans.

May 26, 04 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
sam sung

I think the new archinect is awesome! I actually feel kind of good about being forced to post with my real name for one. I will probably think more about what I am posting and will probably only post the truth, which certainly wasn't the case before.

May 26, 04 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i am probably likely to continue lying, as i have a tendancy to do so even in the non-virtual world when i am not consumed by my bossman alias (which is only when i'm sober)

May 27, 04 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
zero1

New Archinect is much more usable, but somewhat less fun. I think it would be nice to add a "member since" line so that in a few years from now we can remember when this crazy time all began.

May 27, 04 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
zero1

And what about an edit post feature?

May 27, 04 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

zero1 - everyone's profile includes a "member since" date. you can click on someone's name to see their profile. i've decided not to integrate an edit post feature since it's too easy for people to change their posts after people respond. after you preview your post and click submit, it's final.

May 27, 04 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
e909

I don't see the double spacing. But no new styles are created when dragging text to Word. Not even "Normal (Web)" style. Very good.

Negatives:
The layout wastes space, though not as badly as blogs waste space.
Also, the page won't automatically (or otherwise?) adjust to the width of a 17" CRT.

May 27, 04 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
e909

good: miminum (zero?) of layout imgs.

not so good, reverse color font, fortunately only in the menu.

overall: it's not my site, and i'll never make the effort to create a similar forum, therefore: THANKs for providing it.

May 27, 04 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
curt clay

My fear is that the entry and comment counts will cause people to post ridiculousness in order to get the numbers high.... or somehow high entry/comment numbers will equate respect.... I dunno. just my random thoughts...

May 28, 04 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
e

people who do what curtclay is suggesting achieve quantity without quality. so what? over time, they wil be ignored.

May 28, 04 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

is anyone really that into archinect that they would try to get as many posts as possible just for the hell of it?

May 28, 04 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
labia

Archinect is designed better now. Maybe more professionals will visit, and the 5th years undergrads willl just stay in and study more.

May 29, 04 9:50 am  · 
 · 

*bump* for this:

curt clay

Total Entries: 35
Total Comments: 199

05/28/04 10:36

My fear is that the entry and comment counts will cause people to post ridiculousness in order to get the numbers high.... or somehow high entry/comment numbers will equate respect.... I dunno. just my random thoughts...

Wow, I'm glad that didn't happen! Oh, wait ...
Aug 20, 07 9:29 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hahaha I really enjoyed reading this historic thread 765!

The reality is I'm trying not to post because I'm embarrassed by how high my post count is.

Damn, here I go again ;-)

Aug 20, 07 9:41 am  · 
 · 

Doncha hate it when that happens?

(22 more to go!)

Aug 20, 07 10:09 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I Kill The Brick not the Archinect !!!

Aug 20, 07 10:10 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

I prefer to be a lurker with a low comments/entries count. When I get over 1k I'll probably abandon this name and move on to a new one. I'll be the archinect chameleon.

Aug 20, 07 10:23 am  · 
 · 

Wow, archinect chameleon, what a clever idea. Is that even possible?

Aug 20, 07 11:18 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

no its not

Aug 20, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 
john bender

i'd be a lizard

Aug 20, 07 11:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: