liberty bell

...bathing in pig!

Dec 9, 08 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
greenlander1

For anyone who likes bacon, you must try 'jamon iberico'
No not prosciutto nor jamon serrano.
Jamon iberico. full of greasy goodness.

But I do like that bacon photo. Looks nice and crunchy. Yum.

Dec 9, 08 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
knock
http://www.baconnaise.com/
Dec 9, 08 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
e

Jamon Iberico is divine.

Dec 9, 08 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

anyone from LA had the wild boar tenderloin at grace? wow is that good.

Dec 9, 08 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

How it's made. Enjoy your pig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0DbcUUO-hI

Dec 9, 08 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Thanks, FP! And thank you all you little piggies out there!

Dec 9, 08 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

FP, I'm not going to your link because I'm afraid it's about cruel treatment of pigs, which I know is rampant.

But I have to say I get my bacon from a local farmer who uses humane and organic methods. So I enjoy it with a clear conscience. When I order bacon at a diner, I don't feel so good about it.

Dec 9, 08 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

not so LB, although i want to know how often they clean all that equipment, that's not a fun job

Dec 9, 08 7:17 pm  · 
 · 

I had a BLT-A bagel this afternoon - it was delish. The A stands for Avocado yummy

Dec 9, 08 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

FP, you video prompted me to fry some bacon and put in on a spinach salad to finish off dinner. I don't know if that was you plan, but thanks anyhoo.

Dec 9, 08 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Oh, and mighty, do have any pointers on how to use rendered bacon fat besides frying eggs in it (which is delicious but greasy and has a nasty texture)? Could one make bacon butter or something?

Dec 9, 08 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
Here

is a recipe for turkey gumbo that uses bacon fat - it's delicious, I made it twice last year (after Thanksgiving and after Christmas).

Dec 9, 08 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

rendered bacon fat can be used to cure cast iron cookware so your cornbread doesn't stick.

mmmmmmmm... rendered bacon fat... aggghghhhhh...

Dec 9, 08 8:07 pm  · 
 · 

lol was that an ode to Homer? I've used congealed bacon fat to prime our charcoal grille....that was fun. I'm sure we are all a pork rind away from a heart attack if we keep going this way. But why not die happy

Dec 9, 08 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
MArch n' unemployed

^ that is hilarious

Dec 10, 08 12:07 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

apu - make a nice warm vinaigrette with your bacon grease. start with some mustard, some minced shallots, a bit of fine champagne vinegar....slowly add your bacon grease, whisking all the while as it emulsifies.

use on frisee salad with poached eggs, on a fabulous german style potato salad, drizzle on your hotcakes in the morning, pour it in your coffee, whatever.

by the way: This is pretty awesome.

Dec 12, 08 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

that sounds fantastic mighty

Dec 12, 08 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

which part? the bacon fat vinaigrette or the $0.17 bacon from Whole Foods?

answer = BOTH.

Dec 12, 08 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

yes the answer is both, but the vinaigrette is what got my stomach thinkin'

Dec 12, 08 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

how bout a makin bacon related death?

Dec 13, 08 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Sunday Lunch Mac and Cheese with double smoked bacon and a splash of smoked cheese.

Dec 14, 08 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
designBandit

That first image is still the most exquisite slice of bacon ever...

Dec 14, 08 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude
Dec 18, 08 8:03 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Billy Bacon and The Forbidden Pigs. If you want your own picture you
can download it from their site. It might make for a nice Christmas Present

Dec 18, 08 8:04 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude
Dec 18, 08 8:20 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

you know, ol' billy's bass looks kind of like a pig what with those tall pointy ears there. is that intentional or what?

Dec 19, 08 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Ummmmmm...his tattoo says bacon. That's kind of amazing.

Jan 3, 09 9:40 pm  · 
 · 

According to NY Magazine's Grub Street, lamb bacon is the new bacon.
Lower and fat and with more flavor
See here

Jan 4, 09 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oh my god lamb bacon........that sounds so amazingly good! I used to have a private source for veal bacon, which disappeared due to a divorce on the farm, and I've missed it ever since.

Jan 4, 09 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
Ledoux's Eye

I'm really hungry now, but I have a @#@$## meeting coming up in about 8 minutes. No bacon within reach in that timeframe. I blame all of you for my misery.

Jan 5, 09 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
n_
How Bacon Is Made

Highlight of the Video: Shower of Liquid Smoke

Jan 8, 09 12:03 pm  · 
 · 

just because I'm vegan doesn't mean I don't miss the taste of bacon...

Jan 8, 09 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

bacon alarm clock
Jan 8, 09 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
e

oh, that is a beautiful way to wake in the morning

Jan 8, 09 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Nice, but I can think of at least one better way...

Jan 8, 09 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
TED

MVRDV Pig City
Jan 11, 09 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
TED

pig city project was a high rise that was designed around the 'space standards' of how an organic pig had to have v. how we let people live in the street......

Jan 11, 09 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
TED

Pig City

In 2000, pork was the most consumed form of meat at 80 billion kg per year. Recent animal diseases such as Swine Fever and Foot and Mouth disease are raising serious questions about pork production and consumption.

Two opposing reactions can be imagined. Either we change our consumption pattern and become instant vegetarians or we change the production methods and demand biological farming.

Let us assume that we remain pork-eaters. Do we then have enough space for biological pig farming?

With a production of 16,5 million tons of pork, The Netherlands is the chief exporter of pork within the European Union. In the case of organic farming, pigs would be fed with 100% grain, leading to a required 130% more field surface due to the reduced grain production. This would mean that 75 % of the Netherlands would be dedicated to pigs.

Pig City studies the combination of organic farming with a further concentration of the meat production area, avoiding unnecessary transportation and distribution, and thereby reducing the spread of diseases.

Jan 11, 09 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

The Ultimate Power Drink:Candied bacon and a slice of apple make a sweet martini garnish.

Jan 22, 09 7:47 am  · 
 · 
n_

I want this Bring Home the Bacon gift set so I can have the nifty bacon box. I want to carry my lunch in that.

Jan 22, 09 10:36 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

faux:

real:

Jan 22, 09 11:46 am  · 
 · 
e

Jan 22, 09 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Apple bacon coffeecake is perfect for bacon lovers who prefer sweet over savory

Jan 22, 09 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Those bacon mints are disgusting. I, a pure lover bacon, had to spit them out of my mouth within the first few seconds.

Jan 22, 09 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i don't where you get off calling that a coffee cake there snooker. it's much more of a strudel-thing if you ask me.

maybe a bacon jelly roll.

but that's just me.

Jan 22, 09 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: