Archinect
anchor

doomed: green professional w/o green diet?

Antisthenes

chupacabra the environmental racism behind domestication is pretty disturbing in itself, 8000 years since the domestication revolution.

Rhino is still wild and it is the king of the Jungle in the dry season when the last water hole exists, watch Nature.

Jul 30, 08 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

chupacabra that is the difference between difference between american ultra violence where nobody has respect for the other persons life force and a competition agreed to by opponents to have sport and settle a difference fairly.

Jul 30, 08 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

i never said what to eat to you. i said, do you think it is a mistake for a person who does Green Architecture not to treat their body the same

Jul 30, 08 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

wow, you were actually talking about a physical fight?

really?
over whether or not people should be allowed to decide for themselves if they want to eat meat?

seems odd
i am not sure what beating me up really would acomplish
i would probably have to put some raw steaks on my black eyes afterwards
then maybe grill them up and eat them

nothing like a good steak dinner after getting my ass kicked

Jul 30, 08 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

stargazer...my dmt hallucination farming car war soldier battle. when can I devulge the power happy trident monkey...woohoo...

Jul 30, 08 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

"nothing like a good steak dinner after getting my ass kicked"

Amen. Are you from Austin too? :)

Jul 30, 08 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

haha no
in philly, where our steak isnt as good

Jul 30, 08 12:08 pm  · 
 · 

Anti- once again, you've failed to absorb the critique completely. I hear what you are saying. I'm just saying that you cannot both say that AND say that you are "just connecting things" for people. You can't be the bad guy and the good guy all at once. It's a have your cake (or eggplant) and eat it too scenario. Either stop being such a damned jerk about it, or stop trying to claim you're not being a damned jerk about it. You get to pick, but the two attitudes cannot coexist.

Jul 30, 08 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

again it is not about anti-meat is is about pro-body for the progressive building builders

Jul 30, 08 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

critique is just that pointless

i can do what i do and i am not forcing you to do anything again you keep stating the lie you make for yourself, just like that Amen term, very similar.

Jul 30, 08 12:27 pm  · 
 · 

And why lie do you think I am stating? I am actually stating that you are experiencing some severe cognitive dissonance, and would probably do a lot better if you resolved that. This is not a lie, it is a well-founded theory.

Jul 30, 08 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

rationalist you calling people jerks says allot about your ability to project

did i call you names , i don't think so

low

also telling me what to do, i didn't do that to you i asked a question. made a request you can say no and let it go.

Jul 30, 08 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

your saying nothing. the lie is the myth of supernatural what lie are you talking about? what theory?

Jul 30, 08 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Guess what...there are no rules about who gets to do what as far as they deal with their personal health...period.

So Carl Lewis is vegan - whopdedoo...would you like a list of athletes who have succeeded and eat meat. What would that prove?

So, NO, someone who is LEED certified should not have to be vegan. It is actually a pretty dumb question in the first place...or just silly...to the point of not really even taking it seriously.

I love the story of the vegan couple who was charged with murder for killing their infant because they would not feed it milk and instead only fed it juice and soy milk. Oh the arrogant ignorant.

Jul 30, 08 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

i am trying, in my career, to be a "progressive building builder"

in my personal life, i eat a healthy diet, and exercise regularly
i am in good health for my age
its a personal decision not to cut meat out of my diet completely

there is nothing wrong with that

and lets all be honest here
if the earth and environment was the #1 concern for us all, we wouldnt be architects
building a building, no matter how sustainable, isnt really good for the earth

nobody is perfect, and no building we ever build will be perfect

Jul 30, 08 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Are you off your meds Anti? Seriously.

· 

ok, I call TROLL on this guy, and will avoid further feedings.

· 
chupacabra

great post marmkid...I couldn't agree more.

Jul 30, 08 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I think you are correct rationalist.

Jul 30, 08 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I think some of you guys need to subscribe to this:

Jul 30, 08 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac
Jul 30, 08 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac
Jul 30, 08 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

didnt Prince Fielder of the Brewers go on a vegetarian diet to lose some weight

then he lost a lot of energy and power and went into a major hitting slump?

so yes, carl lewis might have been a world class athlete while being a vegan, but it doesnt always work that way

plus, Carl Lewis wasnt a world class athlete because he was a vegan
he was a world class athlete while being vegan

Jul 30, 08 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

itg has made this whole thread worthwhile.

thanks, apu.

Jul 30, 08 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

while it helped, its still not worthwhile
haha

Jul 30, 08 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

again you are forcing fascist language onto me i never said 'should' 'got to' need to' have to' or must' these are your imaginations i am only replating to personal experience of people i know who had unhealthy diets and practiced green architecture and it was their downfall

if a client knows they healthy professionals who are best fit to the line of work they are on are working on their projects it is good, i think.

your continued antagonism on my thread and criticism says more about you than I.

have a wonderful day in all you do and stop trying to make it sound like i said things i never did , please thank you very much, you always have choice if you don't accept the choices i give you you can keep up your misinformation campaign against me if you like. :)

i feel like a evolutionist in a room for of creationist/ID folk. ;)

Jul 30, 08 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

rationalist i thought you were a friend
but if you can't handle the heat....

Jul 30, 08 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

choice is what defines us, if it is ever denied, let's overcome that.

as far are your further projection, no i have never taken ANY western medicine. if that is your solution to things that make you uncomfortable like natures i feel bad for your children if you have any and for the environment we both share.

taking the easy way in the long run the effects are evident.
being innovative and at the forefront and trend setting is highly rewarding.

Jul 30, 08 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
i feel like a evolutionist in a room for of creationist/ID folk. ;)

Just know, anti, that this is exactly how rationalist and others, myself included, feel when we talk to you: we're using logic and rational thought, you're refusing to listen to either.

Jul 30, 08 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

"choice is what defines us, if it is ever denied, let's overcome that."

i think that is what is annoying people
you are saying they shouldnt have the choice to eat meat or not

you want to deny them the choice to eat meat

the way to overcome that is to give everyone a choice, and let them make an educated decision themselves

Jul 30, 08 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

that is your own interpretation/evaluative judgment liberty bell and you lack and in depth explanation, why would you do this?

i never said shouldn't anything you made that up i am against the concept of should amtsprache look it up you can not make me a nazi. infact i am quite opposite.

Jul 30, 08 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

the need is understanding.

Jul 30, 08 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
Do you know or have you seen professionals who advocate sustainable design solutions in the built environments they create but not in the way they consume food?

I have and it is disastrous.

Yes, it may be disastrous sometimes, but it may not be sometimes. Define "disastrous".

Jul 30, 08 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

WAIT! Stop, don't define disastrous. I can't get sucked in here. Don't bother responding anti I can't take it. Just try to be open to the notion that world is grey; very, very little is black and white.

Jul 30, 08 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

technically i do not advocate sustainable solutions in the way i consume food

it has not been disastrous in my 29 years

i have seen some vegans or vegetarians who are completely unhealthy
that doesnt mean being a vegetarian or vegan is an unhealthy lifestyle

just because you have seen something once, doesnt mean that is true for every single instance

Jul 30, 08 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

euthenasia

generalizations and not being specific will not get you anywhere.

Jul 30, 08 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

liberty bell starting with this telling others what to do stuff too? geeze

i never said the world is black and white and we appear to agree on more that we disagree on.

Jul 30, 08 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

wait, i am confused

are you comparing euthenasia and eating meat?

my point was that because you have see one person who promotes sustainable design but doesnt eat healthy(and he, what looks fat or unhealthy, not sure what else would be disastrous in that case), that doesnt mean that everyone who eats meat(or whatever else is deemed "unsustainable" diet-wise) is an unhealthy person or can be deemed "disastrous"

not for nothing, but this thread was started with a comment about how you saw one person who does not have a healthy diet and that means anyone not on your diet is unhealthy

Jul 30, 08 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

no i am answering LB's question with that as the answer.

i understand complexity but from a body of evidence just like global warming the conclusions are being drawn more and more.

Jul 30, 08 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

oh ok

Jul 30, 08 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

off Topic.

In my puberty i would 'visit' the liberty bell each day on my way to the Ben's Institute.

oh Liberty Bell where have you been since those days? Oh ya it's still at the same place, broken behind protective glass

Jul 30, 08 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

do not touch or ring ;)

Jul 30, 08 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
ScottC

I don't know if this has been asked yet.

If I am a professional that does not advocate sustainable design solutions in the built environments I create... but instead advocate post-modern design solutions in the built environment I create...

do I have to maintain a post-modern food consumption attitude?

Jul 30, 08 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

if not for Benny boi i don't think i'd be visualizing where i am at today.

· 
Antisthenes

what is post modern food? like the Quinoa Nasa makes?

· 
sharkswithlasers

Any children, Anti? Married?

Jul 30, 08 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

both very likely and possible but currently no... yes.. no. don't know :)

Jul 30, 08 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

Then I'm going to give you some advice for the sake of your own future mental health when you do have kids: Tofu "Mcnuggets" aren't going to work, no matter how much socio-political propoganda you force the kid to endure. No kid I know has ever or will ever accept a faux McNugget. You cannot win. Bedsides, your gloom and doom means nothing compared to a van-load of silly kids and their friends on the way to McDonalds any day of the week. Give it a try instead, Anti. You don't know as much about the world as you think you do.

Jul 30, 08 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
archroma
archroma that is too bad i do believe you are who you are because of those roots and you can always go back. Deep down you know it was good for you and you are not in any way at a disadvantage because of it.

Actually if you had read what I wrote, I said that I do better by eating pastured animal products. I do feel that FOR ME it was detrimental to my health to be vegetarian and I am much healthier now. Who I am now has more to do with an open mind and a willingness to challenge what is given than what my parents gave me for dinner.

i never said what to eat to you. i said, do you think it is a mistake for a person who does Green Architecture not to treat their body the same

The problem seems to lie in a very narrow minded range of what it means to "treat thier body the same." Assuming you mean sustainably and healthfully... just that one issue has a range of nutritional theory and it is just that... "theory."

But this thread has lost (if it ever had) the attitude of open discourse so I am checking out of this mess.

Jul 30, 08 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
archroma

Hehe ScottC.

Jul 30, 08 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: