Archinect
anchor

The OFFICIAL Fancy Graphics Thread!

Apurimac

the threads been jacked, its only a matter of time before it becomes "hi all you fancy graphics lovers II".

I actually saw this coming, but i still held the hope people would want to post graphics on here.

Rehiggs, if you're new here "hi you fancy graphics lovers" is the 2nd most notorious thread on this site after "yale blows" in the 3 years ive been around on here.

3D-H has been discussed to death and I actually wouldn't mind it that much if Per actually pushed "his system" towards something more coherent, then a stable, even-sided critique could be generated.

But instead he just trolls it on these forums endlessly and occasionally one of us will stand up to his crap, the only reason i've engaged him is he hijacked my thread i thought could have been useful and discussion provoking.

Sep 25, 07 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

sorry about the hijack--I'll post something on-topic tonight, I promise…maybe there's still a chance to save the thread, then again, maybe not

Sep 25, 07 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

rehiggins, those are not 3dh

Sep 25, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Oh -- but I apriciate rehiggins contribuation, --- even these are not intirely 3dh , But I am glad someone with that angle towerds construction respond , Now what rehiggins proberly don't realise, is that boatsbuilding is the mother of airships design, so much survived from boatsbuilding in the tradisional fuselage construction I will ask rehiggins to enter the last page in the "Hi all you fancy graphids lovers" tread , easily found at the bottom of the search results -- you see I am sure one with than angle, will soon open his mind to a system the develober agrea , are "so simple it is strange no one thought about it before", what is difficult to grasp is how foundations for engine and tanks become sort of inter woven with this simple and yet complicated structural framework , please allow me to address rehiggins , that it is nice finaly to be able to discuss the issue with someone who is here to acturly share something, not just make constant personal attacks, and poison a nice guy's life out of intolerance and stupidity -- as long as it is fancy grapnics, something these old leftovers has very little to share of, then it's fine with me.

Sep 25, 07 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Try this ;

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/h-3d/fig5.jpg

Sep 25, 07 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

that's 3dh...

Sep 25, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

this probably isn't fancy enough, but it's one of my favorite images for one of my favorite projects:

transformation sequence for a set of chairs (each representing a member of an archetypal family) that transform into a sofa and a table

here it is installed:

Sep 25, 07 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

fascinating table, I don't know how comfy it is but nonetheless interesting.

Sep 25, 07 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

it was actually more comfy than it looks…but that wasn't the point of the piece--it was a mobile family room that could be packed up and moved from location to location, more conceptual than functional I guess…

Sep 27, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

cool stuff

Sep 27, 07 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

Liebchen

Those are some crazy cad drawings! The text is a bit hard to read though, there's not engouh contrast with the colors at that scale, but I think I got most of it.

And, uhhh... who's the guy with the glasses?

Sep 29, 07 6:45 am  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

Is this a PG-13 site? I've never tried to post anything... explicit before... are there rules on that? Well this art right? I'll give it a go if needs to be deleted then so be it.

This is the inadvertent by-product of a recent project I was working on. I've decided it will be a tribute to Jeff Koons and Salvador Dali. I call it:

Crepuscular buttocks of a woman in the opulent service of vivifying delirious associations: Ass

Sep 29, 07 7:39 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Yeah, its hard to make out in the image above. It's one of Rem Koolhaa's appearances on Charlie Rose. Thanks for the praise. Love the ass. The colors rock it it out.

Sep 29, 07 8:27 am  · 
 · 
rehiggins

@psycho-mullet--is that for an actual studio project or were you just messing around?? I don't know how I would react if I had a student pin something like that up…

Sep 29, 07 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

rehiggins
Would you believe me if I told you I was a working professional? Despite my childish antics I'm no longer a student. This was actually for a client! Yes, I got paid to do that.

Apparently I misunderstood the position they wanted her in. The final product that came of ths exercies was a small furniture piece which is presently "classified", in the end she was less.... compromised.

I just saw it bent over and thought it looked like a Koons so I decided it should be pink and GIANT so I added some small people for scale. Originally it was a white ceramic which looks very elegant and luxurios, almost classy. It's funny how simply changing it to pink makes it vulgar... I suppose being naked, bent over, and inspected by the public adds to that a bit.

Liebchen
Ah, Rem. I see it. Did he really give Charlie Rose his glasses?

Sep 29, 07 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen
He tried.

(Rem doesn't appear until minute 23, btw)

Sep 29, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

awesome psycho!

Sep 29, 07 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

briliiant

Sep 30, 07 12:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: