Archinect
anchor

Aggregate Seattle

khmay

hmm. anyone have a rpc of a dinosaur? im bored

Aug 5, 08 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
jimei

Welcome to visit our website:http://www.jordan9.com Please contact e-mail:[email protected].
We provide the tunnel the product, the preferential benefit price and the warm service.
We hope to get a good long business time with all customers all over the world.
China Grand Shoes Company is a limited footwear enterprise company which combine footwear trade with footwear manufature. We have the better despend ,strongpoint and quality than the other manufacturers, we also brought the best production equipments, technologies, and professionals from abroad.
We produce over 800,000 shoes per year .
We also can offer kinds of athletic shoes, recreational shoes, stogy, mainly Nike,
adidas, timberland, gucci,prada, Luie Vuitton, puma shoes, Nike Jordan series, Airmax and Shox that let you choose and see.thenFor example:
nike air max 95, airmax 97,
airmax 2006,
shox TL,
shox R4,
Shox NZ,
Air force one(AF1),
Dunk, Kobe,James and so on.If you want to know further information , Please contact to us.I look forward to hearing from you,good luck!

Aug 6, 08 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
jimei

Welcome to visit our website:http://www.jordan9.com Please contact e-mail:[email protected].
We provide the tunnel the product, the preferential benefit price and the warm service.
We hope to get a good long business time with all customers all over the world.
China Grand Shoes Company is a limited footwear enterprise company which combine footwear trade with footwear manufature. We have the better despend ,strongpoint and quality than the other manufacturers, we also brought the best production equipments, technologies, and professionals from abroad.
We produce over 800,000 shoes per year .
We also can offer kinds of athletic shoes, recreational shoes, stogy, mainly Nike,
adidas, timberland, gucci,prada, Luie Vuitton, puma shoes, Nike Jordan series, Airmax and Shox that let you choose and see.thenFor example:
nike air max 95, airmax 97,
airmax 2006,
shox TL,
shox R4,
Shox NZ,
Air force one(AF1),
Dunk, Kobe,James and so on.If you want to know further information , Please contact to us.I look forward to hearing from you,good luck!
http://jordan9.com/syssite/home/shop/1/pictures/productsimg/small/383.jpg

Aug 6, 08 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
khmay

wow. exactly what ive been looking for, how did you know

Aug 6, 08 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
e
pictures from the somelab open house last night
Aug 28, 08 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

e,

food was great, thanks for letting me stop by.

also, you should post your fritted signage in the exterior.signage thread.

Aug 28, 08 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
e

Dang it holz. You didn't even say hi. Oh, wait. Crap. Two and two are being put together as I type this. I was talking to you, and I didn't even realize it. I wish I had connected the dots last night. Sorry man, I felt like I was stretched thin in making sure I spoke to everyone. Which, by the way, I did not.

I'm so glad you made it.

Aug 28, 08 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

I'm sorry that I didn't make it e- when in Rome, cannot attend parties in Seattle.

Aug 28, 08 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

ha!

yeah. i completely forget to mention that.

no worries, there were a ton of people there, i'm not surprised you didn't get to talk to everyone. did make me realize i need to get out more and not focus so much on the work/competition route.

Aug 28, 08 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

food, booze, and cute girls...how did I miss this???

Aug 28, 08 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

anyone Bumbershooting this weekend?

Aug 28, 08 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

definitely not. not my scene

Aug 28, 08 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
e

rationalist, i heard you were in rome right now from a classmate/friend of yours who was at our place earlier this week.

mdler, i sent you an email. did you not get it?

Aug 28, 08 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
ReflexiveSpace

Figures that I'll be in Seattle in late September and the AIA Seattle show New Edge | New Blood ends the day before i get there.

Aug 28, 08 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

reflexive, not missing much.

if you peruse the websites, you get the gist.

it's just a few boards w/ small photos and diagrams/text, no models or anything of substance.

Aug 28, 08 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

e - that's quite a collection of hipsters you've got there!

Aug 29, 08 10:53 am  · 
 · 
ReflexiveSpace

Oh, thanks. That actually makes me feel a lot better. Since I'm looking to move to Seattle or maybe Portland in the near future i thought this would have been a really good exhibit to see. Look at some smaller up and comings in the area and what not, which is sort of the direction I want to look into. Especially the likes of PB Elemental and Build LLC. However if its only some boards i've already looked at all that stuff online.

Aug 29, 08 11:11 am  · 
 · 
e

dml, my friends are hip. I am not.

Aug 29, 08 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

I'm sorry e, I thought we'd talked about that over email. I am indeed in Roma for a couple more weeks, then London. Sad I missed the party, but I swear I had a glass of vino in your honor over here. :)

Aug 29, 08 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
e

Oh we did rationalist. My pea sized brain only retains so much information though. I hope you are having a wonderfully inspiring time.

Aug 29, 08 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box
car-free sundays...

anyone go to rainier ave for this yesterday?

the cap hill was a wash-out (literally) w/ cars being towed (as owners were kinda ridiculous and didn't follow the warnings) and the wonderful downpours...

car free seattle

frankly, we're huge proponents of this. it'd be really interesting to see a large section of downtown turned into a fussgangerzone (pedestrian zone)

especially at christmas when the sidewalks are exploding, and all the bellevue soccer moms clog up traffic.

Sep 1, 08 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
cwc1177

I'm a graduate of UW (12/2002) and have been living in New York the last 5.5 years. My wife and I are both looking to move out of here and considering heading back to Seattle. Do any of you have suggestions on firms that do good work, pay well (in the architectural world), and have an enjoyable work environment.

Any tips would be great. Again, just exploring options right now....who the hell knows where we'll land.....

Sep 9, 08 9:00 am  · 
 · 
mdler

cwc1177

Holz (amoungst others) has put together an impressive list of firms on this thread...look around on the pages for some info

Sep 9, 08 10:17 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

anyone attend the "rem, wait, i can't make it so take my protege ramus" lecture today?

Sep 13, 08 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Freemont Oktoberfest is this weekend! Anyone wanna go?

Sep 18, 08 1:09 pm  · 
 · 

WHAT?! That is so not fair. Why couldn't it wait a weekend? why?

Sep 18, 08 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
e

Kengo Kuma
Monday, October 6
Seattle Central Library
7p

[http://www.space-city.net/index2.html]More...[/url]

Sep 19, 08 11:25 am  · 
 · 
e
http://www.space-city.net/index2.html
Sep 19, 08 11:25 am  · 
 · 
mdler

so...i found out the hard way that Peter Miller Bookstore can be a very dangerous place to spend a rainy Saturday the day after you get a paycheck...

Sep 20, 08 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

mdler,

i'd recommend addall or alibris to temper your paycheck woes (and get more bang for your buck)

and if you are in pdx, powell's is pretty good (and you don't have to pay tax)

what'd you score?

Sep 20, 08 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

got a really nice Eero Saarinen book!

Sep 21, 08 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
e
Tom Kundig, Seattle's Artful Lodger
Oct 1, 08 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
spot the archinector...
Oct 1, 08 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
e

yes. she has been spotted. nice job there r.

Oct 1, 08 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

that capitol hill project is supposed to open this month...someone should tell Tom that they are still framing the damn thing...the should also tell him that they are too damn expensive for someone of regular means to afford

Oct 1, 08 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i think regular in the seattle sense means less than 300k...

let's just say we're hoping prices tumble...

Oct 1, 08 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

hey rationalist,

has UW announced the fall lecture series? wondering if there is anything worth catching this year, or if space.city will once again have better lectures...

Oct 4, 08 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

deadline for voter registration for washington is midnight tonight.

so if you haven't registered yet (and are eligible) get the f*ck on it...

Oct 4, 08 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

holz
why you gots to be turning this thread into a political thread???

Oct 4, 08 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

thanks for calling me out mdler.

Oct 4, 08 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
copper_top

holz, I can't seem to find it. When I go online, I just get the spring series... I have no other resources, because I have nothing to do with the CAUP, except for occasionally taking advantage of cheap plotting services (which they raised the price on, those bastards!). My personal lecture schedule involves some industrial designer I've never heard of from Germany next Thursday, and whoever the AIGA sees fit to put on a stage (also TBA, seemingly).

Oct 4, 08 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

werd. then i'll extend that to current UW CAUP studenten...

Oct 4, 08 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
e

Mullet Sections: a lecture by Nader Tahrani of office dA

This lecture will focus on the tensions between ground and ceilings,
where the site of architectural invention sees its parameters.

6:00 pm, October 31, 2008, 147 Architecture Hall, University of Washington

Oct 13, 08 1:22 pm  · 
 · 

GLOBAL GREEN: A lecture/panel series showcasing Sustainable Planning and Design in the Pacific Northwest and Denmark

FALL 2008: URBAN DESIGN FOR WALKABLE, BIKABLE CITIES

Tuesday, October 21, 2008
7:00-8:30 PM
Architecture Hall, Room 147
University of Washington, Seattle

Please join our three panelists:

BICYCLE TRANSPORTATION IN PORTLAND: A TALE OF THREE CITIES
Roger Geller
Bicycle Coordinator, City of Portland, Office of Transportation
Portland, Oregon

THERE’S MORE TO WALKING THAN WALKING: DESIGN FOR COPENHAGEN’S PUBLIC REALM*
Louise Grassov, MAA
Associate, Gehl Architects
Copenhagen, Denmark

WALKABLE DESIGN FOR A SUSTAINABLE DOCKSIDE GREEN
Jim Huffman, MAIBC, LEED A.P.
Associate Principal, Busby Perkins + Will
Vancouver, BC Canada

Discussion Moderator:

Anne Vernez Moudon, Dr. es Sc.
Professor, College of Architecture and Urban Planning, University of Washington
Seattle, Washington

For more information, please visit www.caup.washington.edu

The Green Futures Lab would like to thank our co-sponsors for this event: The Scan|Design Foundation; The Northwest Danish Foundation; International Sustainable Solutions; UW College of Architecture and Urban Planning; and the UW Scandinavian Studies Department.

To request disability accommodations contact the UW Disability Services Office at least 10 days in advance of the event.
Phone - 206.543.6450
Fax - 206.685.7264
TTY - 206.543.6452
or contact: [email protected]

Oct 16, 08 2:23 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

awesome.

thanks for the updates, e & rationalist.

hey e, you guys staying busy?

i saw that several firms were starting layoffs. might be a good time to go back for grad school. yowsa

Oct 16, 08 2:27 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

noch eine seattle lecture...

October 23rd @ 7:30 pm. Meany Hall
Landscape in a Changing Environment

Kathryn Gustafson, principal
gustafson guthrie nichol (sea) gustafson porter (lon)

i think i would have liked werking there

Oct 16, 08 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

PbElemental just laid off 16 of their 50 people...32%

good thing they didnt hire me...I would probably be jobless right now

Oct 17, 08 12:39 am  · 
 · 
dml955i

Wow -that's a lotta out of work facial hair!

Oct 17, 08 7:39 am  · 
 · 
e

Wow mdler. A third of their office? Really? That's tough to hear. I feel for both the company and the people that were let go.

This morning there was an article out that stated that housing starts fell to their lowest point since 1991. News like that hurts us all. As Walter Isard's I/O model shows, every business affects every other economically. When one hurts, we all hurt. I hope Pb pulls through this. I wish them the best of luck.

holz, we are doing fine. Would I like more work? Yes. Do I worry? Yes, but we are working though. I'm thankful for that. We got a couple of new jobs over the last few of weeks that we are exciting. Not to mention ARCADE is reving up again for the next issue.

I hope, as everyone is looking to save some money right now, that we develop new relationships with larger companies and organizations as we have the ability to offer big agency experience without the high overhead.

A project that we just completed was for Tom Kundig's Rolling Huts client. We launched the site a little while ago, but we continued to develop a more robust reservations section so that people could complete the entire check out process online. We purchased a fairly inexpensive third party code and modified the look and feel to the best we could.

If you are considering heading out to the Methow Valley, this is a fun alternative. It is a beautiful place out there. The drive out is gorgeous too. Enjoy

Rolling Huts

Oct 17, 08 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
wrecking ball

e, what a fantastic site! when i make it back out there, that'll definitely be on the top of my list.

in regards to pB: when i was in seattle earlier this year, i had an interview with them and was told i almost had the job but they were worried about a slowdown and decided to postpone hiring. i'm sorry to hear they've had to do layoffs.....and ultimately glad i didn't get the job.

Oct 18, 08 1:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: