I love my office.

Jul 11, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I love hitting F1 instead of escape.

Jul 11, 07 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

VindPer is very logical and comprehensible IMHO.

Jul 11, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 

no seriously it doesn't matter that you had to ask for another 6 week extension to finish a project - I will take the heat from it

Jul 11, 07 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

my dream project has come thru the door and thankfully made it's way to my drawing table: a 2 story senior living center in the "Shaker style". Whoo-hoo! Let's go!

Jul 11, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

copy

print

Jul 11, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
grid

"yeah, open that up. maids usually don't have enough storage."

-words of a genius!

Jul 11, 07 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I love it when it my mom visits and insists on staying with me in my studio...for two weeks.

Jul 18, 07 3:18 pm  · 
 · 

It would be real nice to get a sarcastic message that breathed positivity.

Jul 18, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Inlaws are the best. I really like it when when they think I'm doing nothing with my life BECAUSE I'm too busy getting A's in Studio to come to their barbecues. Its even better when they wait until the middle of July to bring it up.

I'm also really glad they never went to college. That really helps them understand what "I have a test/crit tomorrow" means. I can't wait to see how well my father in law is going to like me having 2 masters. I'm sure that won't add any pressure on our already rocky relationship. Life is keen.

Jul 18, 07 3:40 pm  · 
 · 

Oh no, I have no problem working during the public holiday. Despite that I'm suffering from sleep deprevation, I always like to feel like a slave to my work...especially to feed your ego driven attempts at conversations you donut headed amazon...bite me

Jul 18, 07 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

wait stratch that last part - its definately not sarcasm but perhaps sometehing else.

Jul 18, 07 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

you got it. nailed it. spot on. I obviously think that graduating from college makes me better than other people. It couldn't be that my inlaws have a chip off their shoulder about not going and they're taking it out on me and my brother in law. Way to go, Cleo. Feel free to bill me for that excellent sleuth work.

Jul 18, 07 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I had a 1:00 pm meeting scheduled, drove to the place and the guy says oh I have you booked in for next week. The meeting was with his boss and she was standing right there doing nothing but she didn't want to talk about the project. So I drove 20 miles for nothing.

I had a 7:30 meeting scheduled, drove to the place with the general contractor and mechanical contractor to visit with a bunch of volunteer fireman. We went out to eat on the General then off to the evening meeting. We get there early drive by the site, poke around the little town show up at the meeting place a little before 7:30 then wait for the volunteer firemen to show up...no one comes. Hang around till
8:00 pm then blow it off and go to a bar, where we have only one drink and then head home. So I drove another 75 miles for nothing except a meal and one beer.

Thing is I have to kick a project out of the office by 1:00 pm tomorrow so I could have spent all that time on getting it done
during my normal 16 hour day and now I will have to PULL
AN ALLNIGHTER.....SAD BUT TRUE.

Jul 18, 07 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

That sounds AWESOME!

Jul 18, 07 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

you guys are really on top of this thread today...

Jul 25, 07 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Well, since it always ends well, I'm glad to see its back again this week.

Jul 25, 07 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
Caryatid15

I live in the best city in the world and I'm earning big, big bucks!

Sarcasm IS a sign of intelligence. That is a fact.

Jul 31, 07 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

ummm...where i live, today's still tuesday.

Jul 31, 07 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
207moak

I dont think there is enough Vind/Per trashing on these boards.

I truly appreciate how some 'necters hijack just about any thread to take their shots.

Jul 31, 07 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
cf

I have AIA membership forms, call me and start volunteering!

Jul 31, 07 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I love how it's wednesday already.

Jul 31, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

I pretty much hate you for making me think it's Wednesday. That's not sarcasm because it's Tuesday :(

Jul 31, 07 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

it's officially five past midnight. sarcastic wednesday has formally arrived.

Aug 1, 07 3:06 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Isn't it time to stop flogging this dead horse?

Aug 1, 07 5:49 am  · 
 · 
cf

As of Aug 1, 2007, all AIA forms are free, simply provide proof of 90 hours volunteering per form.

Aug 1, 07 9:24 am  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

I love how interns spend most of the workday on Archinect/Instant Messaging/talking on their cell phones/listening to their i-pod, etc. and then complain about "unpaid overtime".

I'm making a bloody fortune on them!

Aug 1, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

I love how grocery stores in small towns like to spell their names wrong. My favorite is a company called Shoppin Baskit. Neat, huh? I like their creative spelling of Baskit so much, I just got a nosebleed.

Aug 1, 07 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
simples

Zaha's manifesto is brilliant!

http://www.icon-magazine.co.uk/issues/050/manifestos/manifesto_18.html

i can't over it...what an example!

Aug 15, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I can never get enough of doing the same drawing 6 times, while the project is over budget.

Aug 15, 07 11:51 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

I can't wait to spend my lunch break moving 50 rolls of fiberglass insulation up 5 flights. Thankfully, I won't have time to eat either!

Aug 15, 07 11:59 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Closing the bar on a Tuesday is a good idea.

Aug 15, 07 11:59 am  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

I am in the process of writing my 3-1/2 year self evaluation / performance review! I am so happy to have the opportunity to express, with joy and enthusiasm, what i have to offer the firm in the future, and why I deserve a raise! I am inclined to simply refer to the other four documents I have written, which had expressed a similar desire to keep my job and make more money, but it is so much more fun putting a spin on it to show how i have grown as an individual while employed by them. I really love it when my supervisor (I wasn't supposed to have a supervisor) shows up to the review, late, and does redlines the entire time. The ironic thing about it, he never does redlines any other day of the year! How cute...perhaps my job would be more fulfilling if my supervisor did his redlines on a more consistent basis, and not during my review.

Aug 15, 07 12:06 pm  · 
 · 

sounds good, poczatek. print, and done.

Aug 15, 07 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

thank god a 2'-8" x 8'-0" exterior steel door from Torrence Steel only costs $10,000. My client is going to be so happy seeing how there are 20+ doors and 70+ windows on her project

Aug 15, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

yowsas mdler, well maybe she can hire you (at the $25-30 an hour you probably make) to mine some iron and fabricate them yourself to save a few bucks? On the downside, it might take 5 years.

Aug 15, 07 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Strawbeary

I was thinking about that...would be fun to fabricate steel stuff (I do know how to weld)

Aug 15, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Moving day is the best. I sure love having to touch everything I own in a 24 hour period. What a rockin' good time.

Aug 15, 07 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
simples

i hate this thread...i was really hoping no one would remember it was wednesday to bring it back!

on a side note, we should chastise all architects who make business decisions that don't follow my personal concept of "ethics" and political preference.

Sep 5, 07 11:51 am  · 
 · 
sandmansd

i'm so disappointed that this is my last wednesday at this job that is providing me with so much intellectual stimulation and opportunities for advancement.

next week, i plan to cry, whine, bitch and moan... and then grudgingly start my new job at a new firm that refuses to pay me what i'm worth or treat me as a valuable member of the team...

Sep 5, 07 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

With Labor Day off from work, Today really feels like a Tuesday....Man I wish it was only Tuesday.

Sep 5, 07 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

The Chicago building dept. is the perfect way to spend a day relaxing in a chair for 4 hours before taking the building planning graphics exam. I cant wait to go back.

Sep 5, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Being sick in my first week at school has been awesome. In fact, it was especially fun trying not to dissolve into a coughing fit in the middle of a big lecture on Friday. Hip hip hooray for sinuses!

Sep 5, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

hip hop

Sep 5, 07 1:17 pm  · 
 · 

holy smokes, you're right, i SHOULD drop both of my school construction document deadlines to help you decide what color to paint the eifs on your crappy shopping center!

Sep 5, 07 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I was wondering, if people who do survey work really try to get their
existing sites to close or if it is just a f****** myth??

Sep 5, 07 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i'm really thrilled that the new iPod touch has lots of storage at an affordable price!

Sep 5, 07 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Collaboration studio is the best.

Sep 5, 07 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I really love modelling entry stairs in sketchup because people can't "see" them

Sep 5, 07 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

yea! there's a republican presidential debate tonight!!

Sep 5, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: