Archinect
anchor

Archinect Scooter Gang

JMBarquero/squirrelly

man vespa's are sooooo damn expensive (even the old ones)

I wish I could afford a scooter!

I like the one that dammson posted!

Apr 4, 07 12:17 pm  · 
 · 

yeah, that's why I'm thinking about a Tank, or maybe a used Buddy or Yamaha.

Apr 4, 07 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

mdler> yes

And yeah they are expensive, but did you see that place I posted, ClassicalWheels.com? The average costs of those scooters is around $4000, not cheap but cheaper than a new one. And most of the refurbished old ones have new engines and original paint colors. Plus they are hot!

I call this one:

If I find that any of you have gotten to it first, I will dance fight you for it.

Apr 4, 07 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Also, if this rival biker gang thing materializes, the demographics of it are shaping up to be fairly interesting:

Rockers/bicycles: rambunctious bearded gentlemen (thanks to wellywellywell for that one)

Mods/scooters: rambunctious tattooed ladies

+/- one architechno.....

Apr 4, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

man..I could go for some falafel

I am on day 3 of a 10 day fast... ;(

Apr 4, 07 12:35 pm  · 
 · 

yea mdler what's the fast for??

Apr 4, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

fasting = no fun! you sure are a hardcore yogini mdler! are you just consuming water?

Apr 4, 07 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I am doing the master cleanse...lemon juice, cyanne pepper, and sugar cane juice

I feel pretty good thus far...today is supposed to be the hardest day. I was licking an envelope today (mailing my easter cards) and the adhesive tasted SOOOO good

Kalyani,

Yoginis are women, btw...

Apr 4, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Kristin_Kai

to answer your question, 'why???', please refer to my gut in the following photo

Apr 4, 07 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

gang of yogis (Im at the bottom)

Apr 4, 07 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Apr 4, 07 2:34 pm  · 
 · 

go mdler a threesome in public ... f*cking showoff!

Apr 4, 07 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i like to be on the bottom in the above mentioned situations

Apr 4, 07 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

mdler is becoming too "hollywood"!

he needs to fast now so that he can get into those schmoozing parties in the LA scene!

haha

Apr 4, 07 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I used to be...not too much fun

Apr 4, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

sorry DubK....back to Scooters.....

u gettin' one soon? But wait, that means you will only be able to use it part of the year (the other half - doesn't it snow? <- me thinks kinda tough to ride a scooter in snow)

Apr 4, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

squirrelly if it weren't for your last comment I was going to have to throw down!

And yes, I am getting one. Perhaps you've forgotten that I don't plan on spending the second half of this year in a snowy climate? Or perhaps you are out of the loop.....?

The rest of you are on probation from the Scooter/Mod Brigade/Gang....unless you can find a link between scooters and threesomes, in which case, more power to you...

Apr 4, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i win

Apr 4, 07 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

sick mdler, just sick!!!!!!!!!!!

wholly cow, I didn't know you'd be moving!!! (out of the loop here)
u and rationalist both eh? Wait....dont tell me you guys are going to school together?

Apr 4, 07 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I think that the guy in the middle is 'in the loop'

Apr 4, 07 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

squirrelly, you are way out of the loop! rationalist and I are not going to the same city, but she and namby and myself are forming a bi-coastal Scooter Gang.

For hints on where I am going, check out the grad school thread :o)

Apr 4, 07 8:57 pm  · 
 · 

if I could figure out a way to carry plywood on my bike I would be the happiest bearded man in the world!

Apr 4, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 

I WISH I were going to school with WonderK. Or, rather, that she were coming to school with me, as I'd prefer to go elsewhere than where she's chosen.

Apr 4, 07 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Aw. *sniff sniff* You will be with me in spirit, rationalista. No really, I think at least part of your spirit actually still lives in that building.

Apr 4, 07 9:24 pm  · 
 · 

Wow, not that is a bit creepy.

Apr 4, 07 9:32 pm  · 
 · 

"now", not "not". We REALLY need an edit button here...

Apr 4, 07 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I just want to mention that I'm listening to Marketplace on NPR, and while they didn't mention Vespas, they did bring up that "cleanse" that mdler is doing, and they mentioned that it was made popular by Beyonce. I'm just saying....

mdler I've lost about 15 pounds since I saw you in January....all from eating better (and being stressed out :o/)

Apr 5, 07 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

This is to balance out my last post:

Apr 5, 07 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

and still you are doing the rate a brunch! kudos to you gurl!!!

Apr 5, 07 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

thanks vado! Yeah, I have to be especially careful about what I eat on rate-a-brunch days, lol. Can't get too carried away with the waffles.

Apr 5, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
n_

While this is scooter related, PLEASE NOTE the bollard. The bollard. Direct your eyes to the bollard. It's a finger. A finger for Christ's sake!

God, I loved working in China.

Apr 5, 07 7:52 pm  · 
 · 

i learn something new everyday

those silly medians are called bollards

Apr 5, 07 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

those fingers are a bit disturbing......but what about the floatie tube around that person's head? is that supposed to substitute for a helmet or something?

Apr 5, 07 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

oh and wonderk, i heard that story on marketplace too.......the bad thing is that they say how weight that comes off quickly goes back on quickly.....all that suffering for nothin'!

Apr 5, 07 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Poor mdler. I hope he can keep that junk out of his trunk.

Apr 5, 07 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

why poor me???

Apr 5, 07 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I didnt know Beyonce had done it...I am just jumping on the bandwagon at my yoga studio ;) I lost alot of weight being stressed out as well (back in the day). It is all about eating healthy, drinking water, and exercise

Apr 5, 07 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

mdler, my BFF Katie has told me that once I get out there, we will be running all of the time, apparently. She said that I have inspired her to explore LA on foot. This terrifies me as I suck at running so I am hoping she lets some of this exploration happen on the scooter......

.....and she successfully brings the thread back on topic, score!.....

Apr 5, 07 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

DubK

are you comming to LA??? guess I was in the wrong 'loop'

Also, you really need to think about a scooter in LA. I have a friend who has a Vespa. You cant take them on the freeways (not that you would want to anyways)

Some Vespa models arent sold in Cali, btw

Apr 5, 07 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yes, but this one is:

I realize what I am getting into. I've spent enough time in LA, in my car, to know what a nightmare traffic is. But I really feel that if I am going to live what I preach then I have to give it a go. Plus I plan to buy it outright so I don't have to worry about a car payment, which is what prompted the idea in the first place. I can also use public transportation. Don't roll your eyes, I know you guys have it!

Honestly though, if I am studying sustainable communities and I can't live sustainably, what good am I?

Apr 5, 07 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Just dont get hit

Apr 5, 07 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yes, thanks. ;o)

Apr 5, 07 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

will your scooter have streamers on the handle bars?

Apr 5, 07 11:30 pm  · 
 · 

That one is mighty cute DubK. Is it still a four stroke, or do you have to do the oil/gas mixing thing?

Apr 6, 07 12:12 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Well they don't really describe them in terms of "strokes" on that Classical Wheels page, they just call them 150 cc or 200 cc. None of the ones I am looking at are less than 150 cc.

I might have to get you to tutor me on this engine nomenclature.....

Ps. there will be no streamers.

Apr 6, 07 12:15 am  · 
 · 
mdler

orange flag???

Apr 6, 07 12:26 am  · 
 · 

You should probably try to look up some specs for the model and year you're looking at to see which sort of engine it is. I don't know a ton about it, just looked at it enough to see that I definitely want a four-stroke not a two. Two stroke engines are less fuel-efficient and require more maintanence. I know I've also read something about having to mix oil in with your gasoline, which sounds like a big pain in the ass. But maybe one of our more experienced archi-scooters can tell us a bit more about that?

Apr 6, 07 12:34 am  · 
 · 

the archinect scooter gang

Apr 6, 07 2:30 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

So, I have some scooter news....

I stopped by my local dealership last week and found a couple of real scooter guys. They educated me on all things scooter, and brought up a lot of really good points that I hadn't thought of before, like ease of use. Since I am a first time user, I would probably want an automatic that is easier to take care of and use, rather than jump into a manual scooter that is refurbished and I should know how to fixt it if it dies. I am hoping to get there one day, but I am certainly not there yet. Anyway, they recommended the Buddy, because they said it's light and actually faster than a Stella or even a Vespa, getting up to 65 mph. But it's also the most efficient, getting up to 125 mpg! Which is great. So I am now leaning towards a Buddy.

Which do you guys like better:

I am leaning towards the top one - I like the paint job behind the leg area - but they might not have one, because it's a limited edition. So I might end up with the red. Not so bad.

May 22, 07 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

wow, 125 mpg!? that's dope!!!

what's the fuel capacity?

May 22, 07 1:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: