Archinect
anchor

Archinect Scooter Gang

WonderK

Ha ha, it's only like 1.8 gallons. Also I think the 125 mpg would be for tiny people, so I will probably get less than that.

May 22, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

dubK

I say go with the green one...that is a sweet color

I want one of these...

May 22, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
+i

wow i like the green one WK. you have inspired me... im going to go talk to someone at a dealership this weekend. who knew they were everywhere??!

May 22, 07 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

mdler, I want one of those too! I am working up to it. Jeez, it's gorgeous, isn't it?

Ok, green one it is.

May 22, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

dubK

can I wear my ass-less chaps?

May 22, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i want one of these (minus the dumbass flag)

why?

because it' the only production DIESEL motorcycle out there.

unfortunately, they're currently only available to the military on contract basis.

expected some time in 2008 for the consumer.

check 'em out here.

have i already posted this?

hmmm...more forgetful than usual today.

May 22, 07 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

ooooh! i like this thread.

this is mine. her name is amelia.

i'm thinking about eventually upgrading to a ducati monster though... those things are sweet.

May 22, 07 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

oh. amelia is a 80 vespa p125x

May 22, 07 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

ACfA! I didn't know you were a scooter person. Where'd you get yours?

May 22, 07 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

if by scooter person you mean one who attends rallys and such... alas i am not. but if by scooter person you mean someone that zooms around town saying "ciao bella!". yes that'd be me.

i got mine on craigslist... didn't want a project but the scooter turned into one. no tag no title, electrical was shot. but that's all done now.

body work is the next step... as soon as i finish school and get some $$ again she'll get a little hammer love to knock out the dents and a new front fender. then gloss black paint everywhere with some new chrome trim... tastefully done of course...

May 22, 07 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I meant the latter.

I don't want a project either so the thought of getting one online freaks me out a little to say the least. What's your gas milage like?

May 22, 07 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I saw a scooter today that had two front wheels and one rear wheel. It had a Vespa liscence plate holder

May 22, 07 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
+i

i have no idea how to "fix" a scooter... i wouldnt even know where to begin. can you take a scooter to a regular auto repair shop?

these are things i need to know! :)

May 23, 07 8:55 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

You could probably ask your dealer, they should be able to tell you who repairs scooters locally. Also there are a number of forums for scooter owners, so depending on what you end up with, you could probably poke around on one of those and ask them. The one I found for Buddys is www.modernbuddy.com

May 23, 07 9:03 am  · 
 · 

are three-wheeled scooters allowed in the gang???

RTM Tango

May 25, 07 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

architphil> absolutely. post a picture of yourself in one. that would be even better.

i'll put up pics of my scooter when I get it. woooo.

May 26, 07 3:09 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

are you going to park it in your loft wk?

May 26, 07 8:08 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

here's that scooter you wanted dubk...

Jul 5, 07 11:31 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

ouch...

Jul 5, 07 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

That's gross vado! Take it back! Look at that smug smirk on his face...

Also the scooter won't fit in the elevator, so I will be parking it on the street. The bike will go up in the loft though.

Jul 5, 07 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

accept this image as an apology!

Jul 5, 07 11:57 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Fellow Scooter Gang members, where are you? I've got a question....

OK, so I totally love that 3-wheeled thing up there but in the meantime, I am planning on purchasing [url=
this]http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=59919_0_42_0_C]this scooter[/url], so that worked out well.

Anyway, my question is this: do you insure your scooters? I am curious because I got a quote on scooter insurance from my car insurance company earlier and the quote they gave me was absolutely outrageous....it was about 3x what my car insurance would be in a year! Literally I think the insurance was more than I am paying for the actual scooter.

Clearly I'm not going to do that but I was just wondering what everybody else does....

Jul 30, 07 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Damn it. Screwed up the link. Sorry.

I'm buying this scooter:
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=59919_0_42_0_C

Jul 30, 07 12:19 pm  · 
 · 

which insurance company? I'm trying to remember which company it is, but there's one that advertises during racing events all the time that they supposedly have the best rates on vehicles other than cars and trucks (motorcycles, scooters, ATVs, boats)... Progressive maybe? Yeah, just googled, and I think it's Progressive because they have a separate "Progressive motorcycle" page.

Jul 30, 07 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, I just went there and ran some numbers, saying that I'd taken the motorcycle course, gotten my sticker just recently, and had just moved downtown, and it came back saying that it would cost $670/year for full coverage, or $290/year for just accident. Maybe you took the yearly number as being monthly?

I believe you're required to be insured in California.

Jul 30, 07 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Progressive is the one that gave me the quote!!! Maybe the girl I talked to was smoking crack or something, because she told me it would be $2100 annually!!! I don't mind purchasing insurance but I'm not paying more for it than I am for my scooter.

Jul 30, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

WTF? Have you tried the online calculator?

Jul 30, 07 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

OK, I just tried it. I got bigger numbers than you but nowhere near what the girl on the phone got. I still think it's lame to have to pay $50 a month for insurance on a vehicle that will cost so little. What kind of limits should I be looking at on this thing? Surely I couldn't cause $100,000 worth of damage with just a scooter....

Jul 30, 07 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
cf
Jul 30, 07 1:23 pm  · 
 · 

I believe California has a 15/30/5 minimum. Maybe try a step or two up from there? Or the basic minimum plus uninsured/underinsured motorist. I think that last configuration is what I priced.

Jul 30, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
cf

Oh I get it now, I had to go back several years to theorize the theoretical, theoriorizational theory.

This scooter:

does not pass muster, thhhhp.

Jul 31, 07 10:09 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

cf, I like the scooter. It's pretty fun but I've not seen them being sold anywhere. Where did you find out about them?

Ps. I'm not sure what Chris Farley has to do with the scooter gang.

Jul 31, 07 10:56 am  · 
 · 
cf
http://www.vespato.com/
Jul 31, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

For the Chicago Scooter-ers:
The annual Slaughterhouse Scooter Rally is Chicago's longest running scooter rally, now in its 13th year. Attracting scooter enthusiasts from all over the world, the event takes place over the whole of Labor Day weekend. DWR is pleased to be hosting the pig roast on Sunday afternoon. Stop by between noon and 3pm and enjoy some delicious roasted pig, and other refreshments, and check out some rockin' cool vintage and new scooters. Plus, we'll do a drawing for an Eames Molded Plywood LCW. For more information about the rally, visit http://www.slaughterhousechicago.com/.[/i]

Slaughterhouse Scooter Rally
Sunday, September 2, noon-3pm
DWR Evanston Studio
1710 Sherman Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
Directions: http://www.dwr.com/evanston

Aug 20, 07 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

I rock an SR50 Aprillia. I probably should get some insurance. I am not sure why either though. I am not even sure why i am posting this,.except perhaps secretly, I just want to be in the Scooter Gang.

Aug 20, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
joshua

wonder k I have a 2001 Bajaj Chetak which is 149cc and very similar to a vintage vespa and my insurance is about 50$ a month

p.s -if anyone does buy a scooter be prepared for scooter grin...i first notced about a week into owning that i had a goofy sorta stoned permagrin whenever i rode and it just never goes away.

Aug 27, 07 2:21 am  · 
 · 
joshua

wonder k I have a 2001 Bajaj Chetak which is 149cc and very similar to a vintage vespa and my insurance is about 50$ a month

p.s -if anyone does buy a scooter be prepared for scooter grin...i first notced about a week into owning that i had a goofy sorta stoned permagrin whenever i rode and it just never goes away.

Aug 27, 07 2:22 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Hi Joshua....you have any pictures you'd like to share?

And I know what you mean about scooter grin. I got it just when I was test-driving the one that I wanted....However, I have recently decided to postpone my scooter purchase, because I am still trying to get acclimated to my new environment. I still definitely want one, but in the "infancy" of my graduate student career, I think it is best not to complicate matters. Until that time when I come home with it, I plan to stalk scooters wherever I go and simulate the grin with my bike.

Aug 28, 07 12:11 am  · 
 · 
joshua
joshua

yeah so i'm just trying to figure out how to link and such...i also should scour the digital camera for a picture of my scooter cos' my saddle set and chrome are bangin'. Let me get back to you.

Aug 28, 07 2:47 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Thank you 'techno! :o)

Sep 6, 07 1:05 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I think I may be back in the market for a scooter. Last week's freakish perpetual rainfall aside, I am finding that there are just some times when I could get around a lot easier if I had one. And with the whole ZipCar debacle, I'm going to be more immobile. I considered a car but I am soooo anti-car still. I just don't think I have the heart for a car again, not yet. Too much hassle, too much money. That I don't have, by the way.

So here I am again. (Sigh.)

What's the deal with these Baron Scooters? Why are they so cute and yet so much cheaper than all the other cute scooters? Is it like buying a Hyundai instead of a Mercedes (Vespa)? Or what?

Jan 29, 08 1:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: