Archinect
anchor

Overboard on the gung-ho ship, AKA architecture/design tattoos.

whoa. you don't mess around with the small practice-run stuff do you? beautiful AND nicely done. i'm a huge schlemmer fan.

Jul 24, 07 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i was hoping to see VADO in olde english script. :(

Jul 24, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

mdler: i would like to see what that would look like?

WK: it took about an hour? it really didn't hurt any more than it does when my cat jumps on my back! really though, the pain wasn't bad at all, since it was a lot of line work it seemed like there was a lot of stopping, and whenever it got to a point where i was in pain, virginia (my tattoo gal) was done with that section. she did an awesome job though huh?! after re-reading this thread i was reminded that she's actually from boston, i'm not sure what shop she worked in though...

SW: yeah, i'm pretty much an all or nothing kind of person. as someone earlier in the thread requested more constructivist tattoos, i would like to see more schlemmer tattoos.

VADO: when i see your photo of "stephanie" in bauhaus font i wll produce a vado in old english. :)

Jul 24, 07 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

now you tell me you wanted it in bauhaus. damn...

Jul 24, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

nice fingernail polish vado...

Jul 24, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

we all have hairy asses - one of natures lubricant providers

hence why I think they should have manadatory brazilian waxes for everyone fortnightly

Jul 24, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

On a more serious note

really thinking of covering up some of my bruises from my injuries with a tattoo - I had a dream that i had a Noli plan of Venice/Kingston done on my arm that moved up my shoulders

Jul 24, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

vado...what were you thinking?

Jul 24, 07 10:31 pm  · 
 · 

pictures to come tomorrow when I can take the plastic off... you've been warned.

Dec 16, 07 3:29 am  · 
 · 
Dec 16, 07 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
moratto

Wow that is hilarious Pixel! That is the best tongue-n-cheek tattoo that I have ever seen. Loos meets east LA. Cheers to you!

Dec 16, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

does that wash off with water?

Dec 16, 07 2:33 pm  · 
 · 

no

Dec 16, 07 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

Heh, I remember joking about getting that tattooed on my arm back when I was in school. I didn't think anyone would ever do it though.

Dec 16, 07 3:40 pm  · 
 · 

*bump*

come on guys its been almost a year...any new ink. Tumbles you got that tat yet? I'm moving more to get mine.

Sep 13, 08 12:27 am  · 
 · 
mfrech

not yet...but it's always on the back burner...my little brother got a second tat (his first is a copy of my fleur-de-lys)...but i am always thinking about the next one or improving my existing shoulder tat...

solid bump atechno!

Sep 13, 08 1:22 am  · 
 · 
Christopher Daniel

I recently changed plans for my next ink... it was going to be a Grinling Gibbons inspired pattern of English oak leaves on my left shoulder but then I got given a 150 year old silver trowel that has provided new inspiration. The trowel was presented to one of my ancestors when she and her husband founded a church around 1850. It's highly detailed with floral carvings around the edge and flowing script detailing the event and providing appropriate blessings.

I want to get it tattooed full-size at the top of my spine but with the writing replaced by a quote from Thoreau: "What's the use of a fine house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?".

I'm skint right now (and just had my £900 bike stolen today!) but will post pictures when I can finally afford to get the job done right...

Sep 13, 08 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i'm a wuss.... i have a guy that does great work.... but havent had the balls yet...hahaha......

was thinking of doing my : logo on the underside of my wrists.....

grrr......

Sep 13, 08 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
PsyArch

Chris,

there's a bike in my shed (N7) if that helps. It hasn't been ridden for a couple of years. With a little work it would fit nicely in the old ten speed gallery

No replacement for a loved one I know, but there if you want it.

Sep 13, 08 5:03 pm  · 
 · 

I've got a couple more tattoos, but no architecture ones. my corbu was mentioned in Monocle, thats gotta count for something!

Sep 13, 08 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

chris,
i love that thoreau quote!

re: tattoos - i had an atomic symbol added in between my neck and shoulder - i was home and ran across a shop called atomic city tattoo - it seemed appropriate/necessary.

Sep 13, 08 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
carbide

damn, i love this thread. i'm only sorry i spent the last year not knowing your ornament is crime one exists, pixelwhore.

anyway, this seemed like the best response to trying to get a job in the wrong pllace at the wrong time:

started off as a hardline drawing (it's a side elevation of a chair - i like the drawing more than the chair, although i love the designer) but between the tattoo artist and my skin, it ended up looking more like one of my sketches. heh. i guess if there's no perfection anywhere else, it's hardly going to start when it comes to permanent marks on skin.

Sep 21, 08 7:06 am  · 
 · 

no new architecture ones here - I have a design one in mind for if I get into MIT this fall. last one I got was a panther biting a knife, wearing a pirates hat (really).

Dec 29, 09 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

oh pixel we definitely need to see that.

Dec 29, 09 2:28 pm  · 
 · 

hey tumbleweed, if you're still around i think that i found the archigram image that you were looking for... it is on page 29 of the archigram book edited by peter cook... let me know and i'll try to scan it for you.

Dec 29, 09 4:47 pm  · 
 · 

Ha, forgot about this thread. Just got this last month, been planning it forever: a ring of 32 pentagons for my 32nd birthday, first ink:

Designed it myself in AutoCAD!

Dec 29, 09 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

Pixel that artist is awesome! ...One wonders about the guy who got crabs on his stomach, though.

I have to admit I like your nerdy archi-tats best, but the panther pirate is an interesting image.

Reminds me of my favorite Ogden Nash poem :

If called by a panther
don't anther.

Dec 30, 09 3:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: