Archinect
anchor

where do (male) architects buy clothes?

liberty bell

Ladies: bossman and architechno have just admitted to wearing boxers.

I think my concentration for the day is shot.

puddles, if you're not going to wear pants but do intend to wear an undergarment at least please go for the Classic Boxers instead of the Briefs. Thank you.

Oct 4, 07 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i don't get it. does that remark have something to do with my potency or something?

Oct 4, 07 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

Shoes: Asolo boots (site shoes)
socks: hanes crew
pants: Banana Rep. cargo
undies: dockers flannel boxers
undershirt: stafford
shirt: unknown, sale rack at nordstrom

on the plus side, last weekend I got a $250 banana republic "modern fit" suit jacket for $80.

Oct 4, 07 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Only aesthetics, bossman, only aesthetics.

Oct 4, 07 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

liberty bell, personally i can't stand boxers, they're hideous in my opinion and not well-suited to a fashionista such as myself. besides, as soon as i'm out of the office i'm going "commando" the rest of the day

Oct 4, 07 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1

shoes: Steve Madden
socks: Banana Republic
pants: Earnest Sewn Jeans
shirt: Reiss (a great, somewhat expensive store in NY, LA, and SF. UK based)
undershit: American Apparel
glasses: none
watch: none
boxers: Calvin Klein

Oct 4, 07 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1
http://www.reiss.co.uk/
Oct 4, 07 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

hey liberty, that tie shop, they also did work for my favorite band - Skinny Puppy, now i am definitely indebted to them....money is flying out of my bank account as we speak.

Oct 4, 07 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Shhhhhh...beta I couldn't resist them either - one is on its way to my house as I type....Cranbrook grad connection, too!

Oct 4, 07 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

More schoolmates making awesome ties-

Sovereign Beck

Oct 4, 07 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

For poor interns, you guys are still label sluts.

Oct 4, 07 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

And I admire that.

Oct 4, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
ether

shoes: johnston & murphy
socks: gold toe
pants: bill's khakis
boxers: ralph lauren
shirt: jcrew
undershirt: old navy
watch: rolex
glasses: brooks brothers

Oct 4, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

did anybody else notice that my underwear is by george?

Oct 4, 07 6:02 pm  · 
 · 

puddles I'll bite sounds like a great thread - go for it!

Oct 4, 07 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

"out of the closet"

Oct 5, 07 6:32 pm  · 
 · 

Liberty if you think that's bad wait until I reach for the sarong!

yes I said it! Straight men can wear sarongs...granted I haven't mustered up the courage or sourced a plain black one for lazying around the house in - hey I'm in the tropics

Oct 6, 07 1:59 am  · 
 · 
boyles

shoes: ARIAT
socks: WILSON (WALMART)
pants: LUCKY JEANS
boxers: HANES
shirt: ANYTHING
undershirt: HANES
watch: NONE
glasses: NOTHING

most of the companies listed try to make a guy look like a metrosexual cowboy, which is fairly oxymoron. skip the metro and go for the real deal. and forget the architect glasses. for some reason architects go out of their way to use their glasses to protray themselves as trekkies or the cast of revenge of the nerds

Oct 19, 07 11:47 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

okay, i'll admit it. lately i've been looking to these guys for fashion inspiration.

Oct 19, 07 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

dude, LT O'hara is sooo hot. if the 21st century military ever adapts the 1-piece miniskirt outfit as a protocol uniform for ladies, sign me up.

Oct 19, 07 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

just bought a pair of jeans and a denim jacket from these guys

http://www.cratedenim.com/

I am not supposed to wash either one (denim isnt supposed to be washed). Have to put them in the freezer when they get smelly

Oct 19, 07 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

. . . today. . .
shoes: Mephisto loafers
socks: Brooks Brothers, I think.
pants: Stitche's Jeans
shirt: Thomas Pink, pink stripe/french cuff
cufflinks: gold that my wife bought me.
glasses: none
watch: none
boxers: Calvin Klein
rain jacket: Theory

Oct 19, 07 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

Uni-Qlo and Road Runner

Apr 29, 21 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Great necro thread. 

Apr 29, 21 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Forever51

Apr 29, 21 3:50 pm  · 
6  · 

Salvation Armani

Apr 29, 21 4:22 pm  · 
6  · 
RJ87

I have a hard time finding shirts that fit me (27" arms). I keep putting my elbows through shirts because the sleeves aren't long enough. So i'm giving a website called Proper Cloth a try because it lets you put specific dimensions into it rather than getting something as wide as a camping tent just because I have long arms. It may suck, but I like the novelty of picking fabrics / collar / cuff styles & I figured I'd give it a go rather than sew patches onto every shirt.

Edit: I just saw how old this thread was.

Apr 29, 21 4:36 pm  · 
1  · 
joseffischer

Let us know how it comes out (also long arms)... Joseph A Bank custom fit shirts back in the day before they were bought out and the material was better... those lasted me my first decade. I've now replaced them twice with stuff from Joseph.... and then walmart.... both were cheaply made, lasted about a year, and didn't fit right, but walmart at least didn't take my entire paycheck

Apr 30, 21 9:29 am  · 
 · 
RJ87

I was on a Brooks Brother's kick for a long time, but only when the shirts were on sale or by 4 for $200 kind of stuff. But I just keep putting my elbow through them. The downside of these Proper Cloth shirts they are indeed expensive, but it depends on the cloth you pick. No more expensive than going to a Nordstrom's. But if your first shirt doesn't fit they do a virtual consultation & then remake it for free. So my hope is that I can get it dialed in for the future & they actually last.

Apr 30, 21 10:23 am  · 
 · 
w. architect

Keep buying stuff.

Apr 29, 21 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

or selling, doesn't matter

Apr 29, 21 6:12 pm  · 
2  · 
SneakyPete

I haven't bought any clothes other than socks and underwear this entire past year.

Apr 29, 21 6:10 pm  · 
1  · 
shellarchitect

same for me, I’ve gotten a variety of hoodies and swimsuits the past year, almost all with a brewery logo

Apr 30, 21 7:14 am  · 
 · 
midlander

brewery swimwear?

Apr 30, 21 9:27 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

sorry..... various brewery hoodies, tshirts, and hats.... swimsuits are target brand

Apr 30, 21 10:16 am  · 
1  · 
midlander

haha ok i was just thinking of good (bad) memories of drunken boat trips and dips in the lake that probably shouldn't be recommended

May 1, 21 8:21 am  · 
 · 
proto

i just got a camo spf50 hoody for fishing - i believe, other than a pair of floral board shorts, it's the first "camo" purchase

Apr 30, 21 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Since I hate shopping and pushy store clerks, I am so glad to have been forced to shop online only this pandemic...mostly use Zalando (German online retailer) and Zara now.

May 1, 21 2:33 pm  · 
 · 

I buy clothes when I visit Turkey. They fabricate some of the best quality ready-to-wear brands. Hi-quality fabrics basically set the value of what you are buying. I like buying Mavi jeans made from good quality Turkish denim. Everything is a quarter of the price that you'd pay here. 
Except, VAKKO brand is pricy but of great quality (divide the shown price by 8 for Turkish lira to US dollar.) Their headquarters designed by REX, one of their best buildings. For everyday stuff, sometimes I find clothing at H&M and Uniqlo, their full cuts fit me well. After wearing them a couple of times they become a little scruffy to my liking. I used to accept hand-me-downs from my wife's wardrobe of her men's clothing-wearing days such as Commes de Garcons shirts, Paul Smith overcoats, etc. As you get older your body starts to sag and they don't fit me anymore. I have to shop for everything myself as most architects do. I am very picky of certain details most other people don't care (Ie: I have never owned pleated pants, wearing workout clothes in public, even short pants aren't my thing.) My clothing has to feel comfortable and well worn without being baggy and torn. Whatever I wear, I usually wear over a black or white V-neck t-shirt from Target...
I know this is a very bourgeois and material post. Thanks for reading;)))

May 3, 21 8:10 pm  · 
1  · 
JLC-1

uniqlo is great, I have all the keith haring t shirts, and I get my hooded parkas there too

May 3, 21 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

just got myself a lichtenstein hot dog tshirt love it. had a bunch of basquiet and murskami ones too. honestly the most fun place to shop, like a stationary store for clothes.

May 4, 21 9:07 am  · 
1  · 
midlander

they have a self checkout now that just 'reads' everything in your basket and adds it up, you don't even need to scan it. all they need now is a robot to dehanger and fold them for me.

May 4, 21 9:10 am  · 
1  · 
JLC-1

I go to the denver store every 6 months or so, it's great.

May 4, 21 10:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: