Archinect
anchor

SANAA project in which they turn an old diminishing village in japan into art galleries?

Adrian Y.

Does anyone have info on this SANAA project in which they turn an old diminishing village in japan into art galleries? The proposal was modifying the existing village houses and turning them into galleries

Been looking online but no luck. Anyone know the official name of this project or have any info on this?

Thanks in advance!

Apr 26, 10 7:16 am
outed

check iwan baan's site www.iwan.com - i want to say there are some construction photos of that project. at any rate, there's one project in there that has some new buildings, but tons of shots of the surrounding village. maybe not the same one, but worth a shot.

Apr 26, 10 8:41 am  · 
 · 
s.kim

is this what you are referring to?

http://www.naoshima-is.co.jp/index.html#/art

ando has been involved with several projects at naoshima. i am not sure if sanaa was also involved, though.

Apr 26, 10 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
blah

s. kim,

Very interesting!!

Thanks

Apr 26, 10 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
outed

that's a beautiful project s.kim. no way in hey hey that sanaa was the architect for that. they did do the ferry terminal in naoshima, though.

Apr 26, 10 9:43 pm  · 
 · 

i think you are thinking of echigo tsumari

if so, sejima is not involved. mvrdv and the tezukas did some nice work there however. also a rather nice building by james turrell.

for naoshima ando is the main man. no others allowed.

if not these then no idea which project you might be thinking of.

Apr 27, 10 4:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: