Archinect
anchor

RIP Howard Zinn

treekiller

The historian who illuminated the struggles of everybody else with A People’s History of the United States died wednesday.

nytimes obit

“There’s no such thing as a whole story; every story is incomplete,” Professor Zinn said. “My idea was the orthodox viewpoint has already been done a thousand times.” - NYTimes

Jan 28, 10 1:28 pm
SDR

Thank you, treekiller.

“I think people are dazzled by Obama’s rhetoric, and that people ought to begin to understand that Obama is going to be a mediocre president — which means, in our time, a dangerous president — unless there is some national movement to push him in a better direction.”

Jan 28, 10 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

did he say that sdr? i thought it was a great book and a must read; like all accounts of history, take it with a grain of salt.

Jan 28, 10 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
AquillatheNun

dont count him out yet he still has three more

Jan 28, 10 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
msudon
DeMo Now Piece
Jan 28, 10 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Last line in the linked obit, boss. I bet this guy was a friend to Chomsky, et al. We need more of them now.

Bill Moyers is retiring next year. He has these people on his show all the time. Who else does ?

Jan 28, 10 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Bizarre -- my quoted lines about Obama have disappeared from the NY Times obit. . .

Jan 28, 10 11:59 pm  · 
 · 

Get educated on his importance bigthink

Jan 31, 10 11:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: