Archinect
anchor

Farshidajandro: splitzville!

FOA closing

It'll be interesting to see what directions their new offices go in...

Dec 10, 09 10:21 am

but more importantly, help me come up with a better tabloid couple name for them (and other famous architect pairs).

Dec 10, 09 10:23 am  · 
 · 

Diller Scofidio 'Dissssssco' (heavy on the lisp)

Dec 10, 09 11:28 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

it must be a sad time for them.

Dec 10, 09 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

and their workers...

i can't imagine the politics of trying to get clients to side with you and not your soon to be ex...

i wonder if it will be as successful as the PLOT>JDS/BIG split?

i'm really glad my bosses aren't married.

Dec 10, 09 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

farshidro

farjandro

though i am saddened by this for some reason. i always assumed they were a strong pair both personally and professionally.

:-(

Dec 10, 09 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

So, who couldn't keep their hands of the interns?

Dec 10, 09 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
harold

are there any kids involved?

Dec 10, 09 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

harold, didn't you read the link?

there are like 34 kids involved.

Dec 10, 09 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
IamGray

Which actually surprises me.
I always assumed Foreign Office was much, much bigger. Like double that figure.... Was it at one time, or am I just bananas?

Dec 10, 09 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

I second farjandro

Dec 11, 09 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
capoeira

Dear editor,
This thread does not make any sense any more, as you are systematically removing all the comments that criticise FM's sharestan monograph. So the ones that defend her are unintelligible too. Where is you impartiality?

Dec 13, 09 2:55 pm  · 
 · 

why were the posts removed? i don't remember seeing anything shockingly inflammatory....

Dec 14, 09 6:30 am  · 
 · 
capoeira

In order to make this thread understandable again I am reattaching a synthesis of my original messages, and some of the documents that have been referred to by other bloggers.

The purpose of these posts was to discuss and speculate about the possible cause of the split:

Farshid Moussavi had been developing her own office for two or three years. She published a monograph on her own name in 2007, by Sharestan magazine, featuring the work of FOA, without a mention to her partner, and with a picture of herself on the cover which is larger than life. (see attached links) The rumor is that Alejandro Zaera-Polo sued her for copyright infringement, but I do not have any information of the outcome from my Iranian informants.

Cover of the Farshid Moussavi special issue and contents are provided by an earlier blog:

http://www.sharestan.info/issue_17.html

Credits demonstrating an implication of the press department of foa in Moussavi’s monograph (despite Sharestan disclaimer on the news piece) are located here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45751215@N06/4197448138/

The other rumor I heard is that Zaera-Polo did like the ladies…

Hopefully this time there would be no censorship...

Dec 19, 09 8:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: