I received the following email this morning in my personal email account:

from ednashehu207@yahoo.com
reply-to ednashehu207@yahoo.com
to
date Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 6:41 AM
subject hi

hide details 6:41 AM (1 hour ago)

Hello My Dear,

My name is edna,i saw your on your profile today at www.archinect.com and became

intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to

my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.

I believe we can move from here!(ednashehu207@yahoo.com)

I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.

(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)

(ednashehu207@yahoo.com)

Nov 25, 09 7:52 am
****melt

I've actually recevied a couple of these kinda of emails too. I just ignore and delete them.

Nov 25, 09 8:38 am  · 
 · 
randomized

she must think you're really special and unique:
link

Nov 25, 09 8:46 am  · 
 · 
aking

or a lesbian. its just weird that i get spam (apparently special and unique) that is linked from my archinect acct to my personal acct.

Nov 25, 09 8:49 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

this is how i met my fiance! i am sending her money so she can get the documentation to come here. i can't wait!

Nov 25, 09 9:04 am  · 
 · 
21Ronin

I received the same email. I was going to respond with a wtf type email, but I didn't want to open that can of worms. Just delete it.

Nov 25, 09 9:55 am  · 
 · 
Philarch

What? How come I didn't receive one of those?

Nov 25, 09 9:56 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

I got no new email... although I did get an email I am suppose to respond to!

Also, hate mail. 6 pieces of hate mail!

Nov 25, 09 10:12 am  · 
 · 
aking

Maybe its just a marketing ploy by archinect. If so I suppose it worked.

Nov 25, 09 10:19 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

LOL, slart!

Gmail must have decided I don't need to read that email. Google, my life belongs to you.

Nov 25, 09 10:19 am  · 
 · 

Wow, what a seductive email. If anyone on Archinect gets an email like this please send it to our attention so we can block the account of the sender and investigate the source. The only way someone can email you through Archinect is to send you a DM through your profile page, and that person can only DM you if they've registered an Archinect account. Nobody will ever know your email address unless you respond to them, and I definitely do NOT recommend responding to any emails like this, unless you want to get added to spam lists.

Just to clarify some things:

1) Archinect never reveals any of our member's email address.
2) Archinect never shares any email addresses with anyone, nor do we ever use the email addresses of our members to send out unsolicited mail.

Nov 25, 09 12:28 pm  · 
 · 

edna had me at i will also like to know you the more.

Nov 25, 09 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

From now on I'm starting all archinect emails with Hello, My Dear,

Nov 25, 09 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

LOL manta!

Nov 25, 09 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Manta is that a promise? ;o)

Nov 25, 09 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
Alexi

Hello my dears-

I got this exact email too. Totally creepy, although I like the part where it says that love is the only thing that matters.

I love you.

Dec 1, 09 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

i got one too:
My name is sandra Koneh,i read your profile and it was so good to me, so i decided to stop on it and let you know that i am interested to be a friend.i also believe that coming to you will be a probabilty of meeting that very thing that has been lacking in my entered life.please contact me at my email adress (sandra1_koneh@yahoo.com) i am a girl with respect and responsible,i respect people and believe me, if you contact me i will give you a full introduction of my self okay. i hope to hear from you soon. SANDRA.

weird

Dec 1, 09 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

Horny Bots.

Dec 1, 09 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Hello My Dear,

My name is edna,i saw your profile today at www.archinect.com and became

intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to

my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.

I believe we can move from here!(ednashehu307@yahoo.com)

I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.

(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)

(ednashehu307@yahoo.com)

Dec 15, 09 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hands off! she's mine!

Dec 15, 09 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
urbanity

well now she's calling herself mariam and is making advances towards women.

mariam30almaleek@seznam.cz

Dec 27, 09 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
On the fence

Got the same email. Immediatly deleted it. I think the name she used was different but the text was identical.

WTF and where is this person getting my email address from. I don't remember giving archinect permission to sell my email address.

Dec 28, 09 9:29 am  · 
 · 

urbanity - please forward us a copy of that email.
on the fence - please read my earlier comment:

If anyone on Archinect gets an email like this please send it to our attention so we can block the account of the sender and investigate the source. The only way someone can email you through Archinect is to send you a DM through your profile page, and that person can only DM you if they've registered an Archinect account. Nobody will ever know your email address unless you respond to them, and I definitely do NOT recommend responding to any emails like this, unless you want to get added to spam lists.

Just to clarify some things:

1) Archinect never reveals any of our member's email address.
2) Archinect never shares any email addresses with anyone, nor do we ever use the email addresses of our members to send out unsolicited mail.

Dec 28, 09 11:57 am  · 
 · 
urbanity

Sorry Paul, but I already deleted it. I did send the email address to Archinect before I posted. If I receive another email like it I will forward it.

Dec 28, 09 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: