Archinect
anchor

google wave...

http://wave.google.com

Has anyone used it? Does anyone have spare invites?

Oct 5, 09 12:46 pm

I haven't looked into it yet. Is it like a collaborative mashup of all the Google apps?

Oct 5, 09 1:31 pm  · 
 · 

Paul,
Sort of.
It allows one to have all social networking sites/apps + all Google apps to be used within the wave.

Basically use this and then you don't need to actually access any other site but Google ever.

Or so says Wired and various reviews demos..

Oct 5, 09 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
nRyArch

I would like to try out Google Wave. Currently through the International Design Studio www.the-ids.com we are using various open source tools to collaborate with designers and architects all over the world as if we are in the same office.

I heard about Google Wave a while back and it is like when gmail came out you had to be invited to the BETA. So, if someone could invite me then it would be much appreciated.

Oct 6, 09 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
alucidwake

i just got into the beta. was anyone else able to get an invite? when i get some i'll be sure to hand em out but they normally take a couple weeks to get handed out to new accounts. if anyone else is in let me know... iets start a wave!

Nov 7, 09 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
ckmca

I currently have 22 invites to give out. If anyone is interested they can email a request to c.k.mcadams(at)gmail.com...include the email you want the invite sent to.

I think wave will be great in the next few years but right now it only works if everyone you want to collaborate with is using it.

Dec 18, 09 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
nRyArch

To me it does not seem all that different than gmail...

Dec 18, 09 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

ckmca, i'd like to try it... sent you an email

Dec 18, 09 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

thanks!

Dec 18, 09 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
msudon

its like more visual/accessible gchat. there are "waves" of different types of information that different people can contribute to and see. I think a good description is a cross between email and a forum/thread interface.

I think it would really use for a group to procure a number of invites and share links/embedded images and ideas with.

Dec 18, 09 10:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: