Archinect
anchor

Which Architect Donated to Which Candidate?

farwest1
http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/finances/donors/index.html?WT.mc_id=PO-D-I-NYT-MOD-MOD-M005-ROS-1107-L2&WT.mc_ev=click&mkt=PO-D-I-NYT-MOD-MOD-M005-ROS-1107-L2

Gehry and his wife each gave $2,300 to Barack Obama
Steven Holl gave $500 to Bill Richardson.

Any others?

Dec 6, 07 10:47 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

cheap fucks.

Dec 6, 07 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
mespellrong

David Childs gave barak $200

Dec 6, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

most architects wouldn't get caught dead on a list like this...bad for business

Dec 7, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

anyone donate to Bush? Unless your primary practice is in Texas or you specialize in doing DOD or GSA work or your clients are oil companies, I can't imagine that disclosure of such a donation would be very good for business.

Dec 7, 07 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

ochona, guess again. a few months back, this came up and there were quite a few architects on the list, in fact it was kinda interesting.

Dec 7, 07 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie

Re donating to Bush, does Robert Stern count?

Dec 8, 07 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1

Uh, Bush isn't running this time (thank God.)

But the current front-runner on the Republican side (Mike Huckabee) doesn't believe in evolution, and opposes abortion, same-sex marriage, and withdrawal from Iraq.

So donating to him might be the moral equivalent of donating to Bush.

Dec 8, 07 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Incidentally, beta, $2300 is the legal limit that an individual can give to a candidate in an election cycle, the primaries being one cycle and the general election being another. So the fact that FOG and his wife EACH gave $2300 means that they are serious supporters, and should be applauded.

And incidentally, everyone who ever gave any candidate money is public domain, and you are required to disclose your employer as well. It's a little daunting I suppose but it's probably the most ethical part of political finance law, so I'm fine with it. You'll find me on there.....like $75 to Obama, I think. Hey, I'm a grad student, I can't help but be cheap.

Dec 8, 07 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
xacto

mike huckabee is definately not the republican front runner...

Dec 8, 07 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
n_

While Nashville isn't her main residence, singer Bette Midler always donates from her Nashville zip code. Type in 37212 zip code. She maxed out $2300 donations to Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and Bill Richardson.

I think it's safe to assume that she really wants the Democratic party to win.

Dec 8, 07 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

....but not John Edwards so much, huh?

This is all very interesting. Apparently Jerry Bruckheimer not only wants John McCain to win ($2300), he also lives within spitting distance of my best friend. So does Gene Wilder, apparently....but he's rooting for Obama :o)

Dec 8, 07 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
TED

"I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend if it makes you feel alright
I'll get you anything my friend if it makes you feel alright
'Cause I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love

I'll give you all I got to give if you say you love me too
I may not have a lot to give but what I got I'll give to you
I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love "

its oprah time!!

Dec 9, 07 7:44 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

shes a good spaeaker -

Dec 9, 07 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1

xacto -

...and it would be good if it stayed that way. (He was leading in Iowa, though.)

Dec 9, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: