Archinect
anchor

Montana Lawmaker receives cease-and-desist order

I035PEP

An interesting article about a Montana Lawmaker.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/articles/2007/12/05/news/30sinrud.txt

Dec 5, 07 10:48 am

good for the mt state board, whatever prompted this, politics or otherwise. not only is he not licensed, he doesn't have a degree in architecture.

it's possible that the only thing architectural about his "architectural-design" firm is the subscription to architectural digest. without the credentials, we just don't know, do we?

we have to live by the laws the lawmakers draft. so they do too.

Dec 5, 07 11:09 am  · 
 · 
John Cline

(granted I don't know everything involved with the situation, but...) I like how his "damage control" retort was to turn the decision into a "political witch hunt" issue... spineless if you ask me.

Dec 5, 07 11:14 am  · 
 · 
smallpotatoes

ok for all the MT lurkers out there - I hope this article spawns a local discussion about licensure in MT. Bozeman is especially saturated with contractors/architectural designers/architects due to the local school of architecture and the robust construction industry. I have heard that the rate of registration is low partly due to that fact that the local industry does not value the credentials - a probable sign that those who are registered need to be proactive about.

It's typical local politics when the accused guy goes about saying he just got the cease and desist order because the opposing political party is after him. way to deflect blame, dude. I would love to know more about how he doesn't thing the registration laws apply to him because
"He said he did not need a license because he does not do the type of work performed by architects. He described his company as a design service."

WOW

Dec 5, 07 11:52 am  · 
 · 
I035PEP

Here are a couple links with more information. I would think the JJKG & Associates website had more until this all came about.

http://www.sinrud.com/?page_id=7

JJKG & Associates, Inc http://www.jjkginc.com/

Dec 5, 07 11:56 am  · 
 · 
emaze

i like how he is a member on the ETHICS committee!

Dec 5, 07 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
Jah is my Co-pilot

montana what!!!

Dec 5, 07 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

So he was appainted as a Rep. to fill the remainder of someone else term.

I'm amazed a lawyer would even represent him and say “Clearly, they're trying to put him out of business,” he said. “It's just a political witch hunt.” If he claimed to be a lawyer or doctor would you make the same argument?

Dec 5, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

if he takes "architecture" out of his company name and replaces it with "design" is that then technically ceasing and desisting? it would then appear that he is practicing design and not architecture.

Dec 5, 07 7:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: