Archinect
anchor

ARCHINECT SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mdler

Nov 21, 07 12:38 pm
WonderK

mdler, it's 60 degrees here. I am drinking a nice warm mocha though.

Nov 21, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

well it's 4 degrees here

Nov 21, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

dubK

tumbles has never had a snow day, can you believe it???

Nov 21, 07 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
minimalicious

not even the north pole is that cold.

Nov 21, 07 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Nov 21, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

That's ridiculous. Didn't she live in New York? Not even then, like a "I can't get to work because the snow is too deep" day? They had a bunch of those last year I think.

Nov 21, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

well it is that cold here

Nov 21, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

presently 83 degrees fahrenheit here...lots of sunshine too

Nov 21, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Anyone remember the bonus of not having snow days? You know, in spring you'd get all these random days off because they were intended to make up snow days?

Nov 21, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

12".....yo!

Nov 21, 07 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

garpike

or the opposite....so much snow that you end up spending an xtra week in school at the end of the year

Nov 21, 07 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Much snow in Denmark sometimes as you see.

Nov 21, 07 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

per

if the white space is intentional, you win 'high concept post of the day' award

Nov 21, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

mdler, ugh. My school had so many snow days, they usually had us covered. Or maybe they were smart enough to trick students into thinking they had to be there on those extra days so it felt like a bonus.

Remember bus delays? As a walker I hated those. I'd get to school on time and sit in the cafeteria until the other kids showed up. Or worse, they'd delay the whole school until say 11:00 (a worthless 3-hour day) and we'd be free to sit on our asses from 6:45am on.

I guess there was the library... hindsight is 20/20.

Nov 21, 07 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Yesterday was the snowday fool. We had an 1"!

Nov 21, 07 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

were supposed to get the first snow of the year 2nit, then the obligatory jump back up to 55

Nov 21, 07 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Ours was completely unexpected, therefor the roads were a total mess since no one had even thought about getting the salt out yet.

Nov 21, 07 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

FOG Lite, really? You local schools canceled for an inch???

Nov 21, 07 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Oh well, no salt I could see that.

Nov 21, 07 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
AP
57°F

in NYC.

79°F in Miami (my holiday destination)...

never had a snow day...but i have had a few hurricane days.

Nov 21, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

sand not salt

Nov 21, 07 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
binary

it's 1993
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtILxBszyf8

weather is decent in the D

b

Nov 21, 07 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

cinders

Nov 21, 07 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

16 fahrenheit right now, with tonight going down to -2

Exciting, isn't it? We haven't even gotten started, and I doubt there'll be a snow day at any point during the year, even when it gets down to -40F, which apparently it does regularly.

Manitoba FTW.

Nov 21, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
some person

It's a gorgeous day in DC today. I just had lunch outside at a French cafe under falling leaves. It was great.

Nov 21, 07 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

There's only rain here and about 65 degrees. Although it's relatively warm, the weather still makes me want to lay on the couch with an afghan and a good book. Oh and of course a requisite cat sleeping next to me. They're always around.

Nov 21, 07 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
cadalyst

we had a dusting yesterday

Nov 21, 07 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

we have smog....which is sort of like snow

Nov 21, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Garpike-
I'm not in touch with the schools so I think they were in, but those of us leaving late for work and with balding tires decided to call it and stay home with some hot coco.

Nov 21, 07 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm getting jealous...please send me some snow

Nov 21, 07 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

FOG, I figured you heard it on the radio...

Nov 21, 07 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

brrrrrrrr - 18 degrees, blowing wind and about 4 inches of snow already - so do I shovel now or just wait for the rest of this storm to finish dumping on us???

got plenty of cocoa, mini marshmallows, whipped cream, and amaretto.

Dec 1, 07 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

raining here. wierd.

Dec 1, 07 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
citizen4nr

snowing right now at umich. weee!

Dec 1, 07 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
binary

blizzard time in the D

b

Dec 1, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
citizen4nr

snow changed to freezing rain. damn, I have to drive home. oh well.

Dec 1, 07 9:18 pm  · 
 · 

Fogey, this is the first snow I've had in the city... it's exciting! I was a bit freaked out, but once the bus showed up in a reasonably timely fashion I calmed down, and now I like it. I much prefer the snow to the rain.

It's looking more like 2+ inches up here on the hills though... my housemates are out of town and I took pictures of our house being all snowy for them, and my poor car that just looks buried under the snow.

Dec 1, 07 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

We may have up to 2" of snow on the ground here in NYC this time tomorrow evening. The first snowfall of the season is always exciting, but it's all the snowfalls afterwards that become tiresome.

Dec 1, 07 11:30 pm  · 
 · 

...and it CONTINUES! Still with the snow thing... now I face a dilemna: it's the day that I need to drive my car or my battery will die. But it snowed yesterday, then rained last night, then snowed some more today, and I don't really feel like driving on the roads when they're like that! So I'm kind of damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Dec 2, 07 11:12 am  · 
 · 
FRO

29" in the past 48 hours & another system might hit Thursday.... woohoo snowboarding!!!!! my legs are now officially made of jello and i'm working on a sunday night but couldn't be happier.....

Dec 2, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Wow Fro, 29"? Where do you live? It's been raining all day here. I was behind someone though who drove like it had snowed instead. GAH!!!! So annoying.

Dec 2, 07 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

The snow storm, it didn't make it here like the weather men started predicting over a week ago. So I guess, we are still more or less snowless. Put up the Chirstmas Tree today! Ya Hoo! A week of Hell
ahead...which more than likely will turn into two weeks of hell.

Dec 2, 07 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

You know what I hate about New York weather this time of year? You get 2 inches of snow all month followed by 31 straight days of freezing rain. I mean, I can handle snow but rain in subzero temperatures is just plain mean.

God hates New York.

Dec 2, 07 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

You got that right, about 45 cm overnight in the valley and about 40 on the mtn., they're digging out the lifts and the AV crew is bombing everything.

Dec 3, 07 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

I loooove waking up to the sound of plows at 4 am and then hearing the avy bombs going off @ 6!! Feeling a serious lack of self discipline in the office today. Soreness be damned, there's new terrain opening up there!!!

Dec 3, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i wanna move to the mountains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 3, 07 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

at least some of the new gear that I ordered has arrived at REI today and I get to go get it

Dec 3, 07 1:10 pm  · 
 · 

ooohhhh, lucky mdler. I'm hoping to drop by the northface shop tonight to figure out what to spend my football winnings on. When I showed my housemates my winter coat, they laughed at it's utter inadequacy.

Dec 3, 07 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

3" of RAIN in seattle.

i effing hate this place

Dec 3, 07 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i feel your pain holz, though at least we'll be getting real snow instead of freezing rain by christmas i hope

Dec 3, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: