Archinect
anchor

dwell lists Archinect as a 'site we love'

ARKTEK

Has anyone notice that dwell's website lists this site as one they love?

http://www.dwell.com/daily/blog

Jul 13, 07 12:49 pm
ARKTEK

ps i am a fan of both and was not trying to start a dwell-bashing

Jul 13, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

For a minute, I thought this was supposed to be added to the "Unlikely Postings" thread.

Jul 13, 07 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
dedubs

i sense some geoff influence, possibly..

Jul 14, 07 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I wonder how much they love us now.

Jul 15, 07 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

That's a pretty good find n. My wife toured Dwell over spring break. She said they didn't really see much of anything. They sat in a conference room and the editor basically told her group what Dwell stood for. My wife thought everyone there was nice, but she didn't really get anything substantive out of it. My buddy Carlos just got writing job there, too. He likes it, but he says there are days when he just wants to go walk through a historical neighborhood to get a break.

Jul 15, 07 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

(dwell dec/jan 2009 page 56)

hey congrats paul you nice modernist!

Nov 20, 08 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
binary

does this mean i should watch what i say.....

Nov 20, 08 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

can anyone please tell me why the dwell mags from june-december '08 are about 3/4 as thick as the june-december'07 mags... and why the last few issues are less than 1/2 as thick as the december '07 issue?

i receive it as a gift, but i think the gift giver would be disappointed to know she paid the same price for half the product.

unless dwell removed all adverts (HA!)

maybe it's just time to drop the hint that dwell is awful and i'd rather get Wood Design & Building or nothing...

Feb 24, 09 2:04 am  · 
 · 
blah

Can I say that Dwell is a magazine I hate?

;-)

I'll stick to Detail and GA. If I want entertainment, I'll read the New Yorker.

Feb 24, 09 8:34 am  · 
 · 
aspect

does that imply we are still cool or not?

Feb 24, 09 9:28 am  · 
 · 
PodZilla

I used to subscribe to dwell years ago, back when it was new and full of far, far fewer ads. When I got my last subscription and it took me a good 10-15 pages of turning before I got to the table of contents, I knew it was time to end. It's still a decent mag for the price ($20/yr), but I figure I can grab it from Borders when I see it and spend the money on something better (Detail, A+U, etc.)

Feb 24, 09 10:13 am  · 
 · 
theparsley

holz: pretty much ALL magazines are getting skinnier. hard times = severe loss of ad pages. and editorial content suffers too because money runs short.

Feb 24, 09 10:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: