Archinect
anchor

THIS Thread is Better Than [this↓] or [that↑]

b3tadine[sutures]

This is pretty simple, there will be a thread above this one and one below this - with the exception of the initial thread post - and the object is to post a comment linking the two other threads in this thread. If this works right it should be fast and furious and possibly interesting. Include images, video, hyperlinks, anything you want.

Now I can't post the first link pair - I am packing up a mother of a move - but after today, if this thread gets any interest I will jump in tomorrow.

Thank you for your participation, this is Don Pardo.

Good night and good luck.

Oct 26, 06 6:52 am

somebody discovered how to make arrows.

woah! maybe you should make a diagram for us beta: how can aa or bartlett discussions be better than sliding doors?

Oct 26, 06 7:46 am  · 
 · 
cf

The jurors at harvard come into the crit, dump their standards all over the room and leave expecting evryone to standardize by the next day.

Oct 26, 06 8:25 am  · 
 · 
AP

Harvard Juror

Oct 26, 06 9:01 am  · 
 · 
Blue202

I was going to dress as Zaha for Halloween but little kids in the neighborhood can only take so much horror.

Oct 26, 06 9:19 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Zaha Hadid freaked out in March at the Museum Cagliari, Italy, because no one cared to hear her grad application.

Oct 26, 06 10:39 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

All that matters is this: can I watch vado's YouTube posts on my computer if I get a new MacBookPro?

Oct 26, 06 11:01 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

The multiple grad-school-thread phenomenon has begun....

Oct 26, 06 11:25 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

can I watch vado's youtubes on my ipod as I frolick in my nikes?

Oct 26, 06 11:25 am  · 
 · 
e

i'd love to see a youTube vid of bill simonian telling sci-arc where to shove it.

Oct 26, 06 12:20 pm  · 
 · 

woah! IOMEDIA seeking Architectural Visualizer in New York, NY.

obviously i missed the point in my first post. i took the challenge to 'link' literally. i found another thread that i thought was more interesting than ^ or v and worked it in.

Oct 26, 06 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
e

woah! awesome diagrams don't need to be sexy. they just need to be effective. woah!

Oct 26, 06 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
AP

really awesome diagrams might get you into an M.Arch program.

Oct 26, 06 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
e

but will really awesome diagrams get you into school or a job as an architectural visualizer. what the hell is an architectural visualizer anyway?

Oct 26, 06 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

The best education is obtained through real world experience, so get out there and make something.

Oct 26, 06 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
Blue202

Everyone acts so cool like they know all of these obscure bands noone else has heard of, but really they just searched myspace.com, found a band's myspace page and posted it like they've known and loved this band for years.

Oct 26, 06 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

maybe islam can have there own myspace page

Oct 26, 06 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

maybe Zap, North Dakota can have there own myspace page

Oct 26, 06 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

will the photos from Halloween at SCIarc make Thread Central, and will any members of Thread Central make it to Venice to witness the carnage??

Oct 26, 06 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
binary

black sheep........ for my hip hop heads.....

and harvard...ummmmm....... ardvark

Oct 26, 06 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Has anyone who has ever been a juror at Harvard also run the NY Marathon? Or maybe I should ask, if you have the stamina to run the NY Marathon, would you also have the stamina to sit on a Harvard jury?

Oct 26, 06 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
dia

FYI - A diagram of the New York City Marathon:

[img]http://www.nyc.gov/html/sports/gif/nycmarathoncourse.jpg width=400[/url]

Oct 26, 06 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
dia

woops:

Oct 26, 06 11:24 pm  · 
 · 

Where did you go to school?

U Tube.

Oct 27, 06 12:00 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I also went toe the University of Tube.

Oct 27, 06 12:33 am  · 
 · 

All of the 2007 M.Arch. applicants are up on Archinect's hot tin roof commisserating!

Oct 27, 06 8:33 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Now that the 2007 MArch application flagellation has begun, I hope none of our young archinecters fling themselves off a skyscraper roof if they don't get into their first choice school.

Oct 27, 06 8:33 am  · 
 · 
AP

ZAHA HADID WIN COMPETITION THREAD CENTRALAND - ARCHINECTIA

Oct 27, 06 9:16 am  · 
 · 
cf

I went to sex school on Costa del Sol.

Oct 27, 06 9:52 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

cornfield skyscraper?

Oct 27, 06 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I live in the Harvard toilet room lockers at u-tube

Oct 27, 06 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

Ideal Worker Party @ Sci-arc...Hayyyy!

Oct 27, 06 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

The Louvre building to operate as a hydraulic shop in Napa Valley, not cool.

Oct 27, 06 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
e

i always drink wine while riding in the hydraulic elevator at the louvre.

· 
e

napa wine that is. see i'm already drunk. elevator down please.

· 
liberty bell

Can anyone recommend a great beer to drink while in Napa Valley?!?

Oct 27, 06 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
e

you know i can. ;+)

Oct 27, 06 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
e

for beer drinkers while in napa or after a marathon or whenever someone figures out that damn band >> BFM Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien

Abbaye De Saint Bon-Chien: Boldly treading the boundary between port, wine and beer, l'Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien is a unique ale aged in wooden casks which have been used for several years before to age Merlot, Merlot Cabernet, Whisky and then Grappa. It manages to merge into L'Abbaye all the complex aromas of a vintage red wine along with the delicate harmony and flavors of the wood and its former contents. This process requires close monitoring of the beer's evolution. The final version is blended from different casks, to ensure optimal balance, complexity and enjoyment! A mere one thousand bottles have been earmarked for the US market in 2006.

Oct 27, 06 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

god dammit ap. riddler suit man is mine.

Oct 27, 06 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I haven't heard any good ideas lately, but I did hear a good pun on the name "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"!

Oct 27, 06 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
e

i wish i could get a student intern position at behnisch's office so i could go to one of his job sites and take some pics to post. really, i just want a job a behnisch's office.

Oct 27, 06 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

has anyone who ever ran the NY marathon mistakenly ended up drunk in napa valley?

Oct 27, 06 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Strutting around in my nike+ipods, searching for everyones favorite band on top of a hot tin roof. Where I plan on doing freehand renderings on Halloween with a glass of wine in my standoff hardware,
while thinking about the installation of my Lorves hydralic elevator which will take me to my Napa Valley Beer Garden....

Oct 27, 06 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
some person

I'd venture to say that .jpg du jour and Thread Central are by far the most popular threads that Archinect has ever seen (well...there was fancy graphics lovers, but that died a long time ago...or did it?)

Were there any other threads as popular?

Oct 27, 06 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
Medusa

This week at work I learned how to get fired for watching architecture movies on my computer all day.

Oct 28, 06 11:19 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oct 28, 06 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

Hummm….I don't have much to comment regarding the content of either posts, so I guess I'll have to rely on the stats of the above and below posts:

East vs West: Has 11 posts and 292 views

reinforced grass paving for parking?: Has 18 posts and 328 views

So I guess the winner is….drum roll please

reinforced grass paving for parking?

WHHAWHOO!

Oct 28, 06 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Getting a butt plug is way easier if you get it before age 30.

Oct 28, 06 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Getting a butt plug is also the best idea I've heard in a long time.

I mean getting a license.

Oct 28, 06 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

Getting a butt plug is way easier if you get it before age 30 - cracks me up!

Oct 28, 06 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Oh crap. I have 4 months to get that damn pain-in-the-ass butt plug.

Oct 28, 06 11:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: