Archinect
anchor

architects & nects shoes

Oana S.

there is a theory which says you can judge a person by the shoes he/she is wearing. i don't think you can generalize that easy, though i admit shoes often say a lot.
just curious , what are you wearing? and how about them (the starchitects)?
girls: high heels or better the comfy ?
i'm stuck to my sneakers...

Jun 23, 05 4:55 pm
ether

currently wearing.

Jun 23, 05 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

i've got a pair of these .... best shoes i've ever had. i will get another pair.

Jun 23, 05 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

the typical shoe (not today but for most days)

and converse chucks in various colors for other days...

but today we have client meetings so.. i've got some black oxford type cole haan's with a rounded toe...

Jun 23, 05 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

i own three pairs from these guys http://tsubo.com/
and one pair of campers...
but the tsubos right now are pretty much all i wear..
most comfy shoes i've owned for a while...and they
don't wear out nearly as fast as other shoes i've owned.

Jun 23, 05 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
ether

i too own three pair. including the ones above. i love em.

Jun 23, 05 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
st.
medium footwear
Jun 23, 05 5:27 pm  · 
 · 

black pointed toe kitten heels by nine west. tried to find a pic, but they aren't on the website. very comfy. but not quite comfy enough to walk to work in- I've got a pair of the cheapest nikes for that. hooray for arch support!

Jun 23, 05 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
zeth01

DC-Tsubo-or Pro Keds

Jun 23, 05 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
feelandtriple
link

rocket dog!
i wear them so much they stink... but i still love em! like slippers at work...

Jun 23, 05 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra
Jun 23, 05 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
mintcar

during school, my classmate and friend told me, "you can always recognize the architecture students on campus ... most of all by their shoes." -- they do not wear shoes that are generic or boring (especially the grad students, who'd always have some pair of vintage / limited edition / ecological something or other).

i am wearing beige cowboy boots i bought in florence, which are great for me. they add height and durability without the pain of high heels.

Jun 23, 05 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
mintcar

and these pf flyers! i like the lines ...

Jun 23, 05 6:33 pm  · 
 · 

abra - where do you order those from?

The best shoes I have had are made by a boot company called Old Sail. Have never been able to find them online. Bought em in Century City. Anyone know where to get these?

Jun 23, 05 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
domestic
Jun 23, 05 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

Ditto Tsubo and Medium. Currently the Medium "Pragmatist" are my shoes of coice, the black ones with the orange interiors.

Jun 23, 05 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

javier, there is also blundstones. most versatile boots you'll have. i wear mines w/o socks in the summer. going on to 7 th. year.
redbacks

Jun 23, 05 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

and

"...sole that resists Alkali, Water, Acid, Fatigue and Satan."

Jun 24, 05 1:28 am  · 
 · 
Shellaby

Shoes are costly. I buy the best looking kind of shoe (to my taste) when they're on super-sale at a store. Therefore, while I'm doing the best I can, my shoes don't necessarily reflect on my taste...

Jun 24, 05 1:30 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

Oops. My Superswirls are lt. grey/dk. grey, not black/red.

Jun 24, 05 1:51 am  · 
 · 
trigirl

how do you load an image on here?

Jun 24, 05 1:58 am  · 
 · 
ease

my favorite already for a few years: clarks wallabees dark brown or black suede, so comfortable... just nice

Jun 24, 05 2:20 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

Required code to post an image -

Jun 24, 05 2:52 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

Dammit... Just look below the text box.

Jun 24, 05 2:53 am  · 
 · 
juan moment
Jun 24, 05 3:17 am  · 
 · 

i'm too lazy to resize the image, but here are my kicks:

Jun 24, 05 6:08 am  · 
 · 
3ifs

Jun 24, 05 9:08 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

larslarson - I'd buy those shoes simply because of the website (drum'n'bass) and the advertising, folks look like designers

Jun 24, 05 10:25 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

i'm tellin you...the shoes are sweet. i have two pairs of
loafers and a pair of the adidas-looking sneakers...the
first pair took a week to break in..but after that i couldn't
really get into wearing anything else...

juan moment - what kind of shoes are those?

Jun 24, 05 10:30 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

; I own these bad boys - this is for non-site days. I own a pair of last season boots for when i have to trench the mud and bog

Jun 24, 05 10:41 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

these are the ones I have on now (Bob Marley clogs) - I know I know
but they are the only things that feel comfy, fruity, and sturdy on site or in office

Jun 24, 05 10:49 am  · 
 · 
AP
my latest

Jun 24, 05 10:51 am  · 
 · 
AP

Ken has never let me down...

Jun 24, 05 10:52 am  · 
 · 
design geek-girl

I can't seem to wrestle myself away from flip flops... I wear them with my more profesh ensembles, I wear them with jeans, I wear them to go out at night. And I'll wear anything from Reefs to Havaianas to Old Navy.

Jun 24, 05 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

While searching for a pictures of my summer shoes, the Merrell Barrado, I came across this image of Merrell Funkhauser(?) and it was too good not to post:

As for shoes, I can't wait to get back to cold weather so I can get out any of my several pairs of boots - high-heeled, serious-soled, tough-leather, ready-to-kick-ass-and-take-names boots - I'm partial to Enzo Angelini, but have lots of others, too.

Jun 24, 05 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

jam...i dig your shows..what brand?

Jun 24, 05 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

Pumas!!!!

Jun 24, 05 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

monkeyboy - they are a part of the TUFF GONG apparell (Bob Marley)

dgg - I knew I love you for a reason. When I'm not at work its flip-flops all the way; granted I'm an island boy so that happens.

Jun 24, 05 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
design geek-girl

Thanks Jam... well, I grew up on the beach, too (mine was in queens, so, I'm willing to be good money, yours was a nicer atmosphere) so, I guess that's what ruined me for respectable shoes.

Jun 24, 05 3:59 pm  · 
 · 

Just got new shoes. Target special. :)

Jun 24, 05 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

where would i find them?

Jun 24, 05 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

for my feet, simply the best shoe ever... now i can only get them on e-bay.

Jun 24, 05 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

i have 3 pair, and i am bidding on a fourth. all different colors.

Jun 24, 05 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

John Fluevog

Jun 24, 05 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

momentum-

Oh the memories! Those were the best pair of basketball shoes I have ever owned...

Jun 24, 05 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

damn straight driftwood. best ever.

get a pair off e-bay, just don't bid against me, cause i can't afford a high bid. i usually get them on a steal on one of the bids that sneaks through the ccacks. i've paid no more than 50 for each pair.

the only other basketball shoe i would say competes are the jordans which had the patent leather on them first. and i may be saying that because they are the only pair i have gotten close to dunking a ball with. so close. i actually cleared the rim with the wrist, but lost it.

i wish i was a little bit taller...

Jun 24, 05 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
bawmis

one time at a symposium....four current predominant architects were on stage. all were dressed in black or other grayscale tones. all had black shoes. all smart people, each with there own style all looking the same. or so i thought. when i looked close, i realized that under the table hidden from all was the answer. thom mayne, by farest the most "out there" person on the panel, had on a pair of rainbow colored striped socks. underneath the standard black uniform he really was crazy. So i suggest this. in expressing your personal style its not about your shoes, its about your socks! i wear white low cut hanes that i bought at walmart. i think that says a lot.

Jun 25, 05 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

I don't wear any underwear. I let it hang loose.

Jun 25, 05 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
Bula

Man....I am SOOOO tired of shoe scoop!!! Popular shoe styles are always so dated and trendy. Any recomendations on some new good "non-scoop" styles/ mfgr's?

My most recent biscuit covers:

Jun 25, 05 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin

Clark's Wallabees ca. 1973, black

Jun 25, 05 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
trigirl

thanks, driftwood

for casual wear

Jun 26, 05 5:37 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: