Archinect
anchor

North America -why?

Elisabeth

I cannot let 'domestic' off the hook just through wanting to be polite. The point about the residents of Lancaster's shanty towns versus Dharavi is that those people are doubly poor, being not only disposessed but also disconnected.
I also cannot close my eyes when I leave my 'heritage neighbourhood' which is rendered however, commonly incongruous when the heritage lampstandards newly installed battle the highway version on the same spot! The complacent introversion of this post is hard to fathom.
How well those who literally pour non-renewables away daily might carefully re-cycle their bread wrappers and claim innovation at the same time!

Mar 16, 10 10:44 am  · 
 · 
domestic

Where is Lancaster and Dharavi? Are you talking about places around Kitchener?

"I also cannot close my eyes when I leave my 'heritage neighbourhood' which is rendered however, commonly incongruous when the heritage lampstandards newly installed battle the highway version on the same spot!" ?

Heritage street lamps are installed beside highway street Lamps?

Do they recycle organic waste (tissue paper, paper towels, food..) in Kitchener? Toronto and other towns around southern Ontario recycle organic waste, paper, plastic, glass waste such that I think over 50% is diverted.

About transportation in Southern Ontario: A bullet train is planned for the Windsor to Quebec City corridor - EST travel time between Toronto and Montreal 1 hour - Montreal and Toronto become suburbs of each other - friction of distance made negligible.

The GTA planning authority has plans to densify all satillite suburbun towns and connect with GO trains and a fleet of double decker GO buses which are already in service.

Perhaps it is just that Kitchener is a dud - I've never really had any desire to visit, or curiosity about it, nobody ever really talks about it, it is sort of in the background probably overshadowed by Waterloo with its University and High-Tech industries.
And Oh yes, University of Waterloo. If you are in Kitchener you should visit the Perimeter Institute, one the most important centers of science and physics - they have open lectures with the most important people in physics and computer science. A nice building by Saucier Pierrot.

Mar 16, 10 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
Elisabeth

!!!I rest my case. Thread closed.

Mar 16, 10 4:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: