Archinect
anchor

Architects + long hair ?

Emilio

"of course, long white hair may give the impression of a sage guru..."

Jan 26, 10 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

that guy's hair (richard meier, right?) is relatively short looking to me. i was thinking of something more like this for the guru look...

...and, no, my hair is neither that long or white.

Jan 27, 10 8:32 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

pretty much everybody where i live has long hair. including, increasingly, myself. i really wouldn't consider it douchebaggery, it's just a laid back appearance.

Jan 28, 10 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

btw will bruder's hair hasn't looked like that in a long ass time.

Jan 28, 10 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

also, i'm not entirely convinced that hair can ever really be architectural. stylistically speaking, hair is entirely sculptural to me.

Jan 28, 10 6:59 pm  · 
 · 

Polar Bear hair is architectural. It is hollow. I think if hair encloses a space, it qualifies.

Jan 30, 10 1:58 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

THIS is the kind of fun and silly thread we need more of on archinect.

bossman, I know that's an old shot of Bruder - it was very cool at the time he had it that way, though.

WOuld Lady Gaga's hair bow be spatial, then, Nick?

Jan 30, 10 9:39 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

don't polar bears have fur instead of hair? i'm pretty sure that fur is more architectural than hair.

Jan 30, 10 9:42 am  · 
 · 
apocalipstick

@a-f
koolhaas aint that hair you say all dutch architects have

Jan 31, 10 10:02 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

isn't there a black and white photograph of renzo piano and richard rogers presenting the pompidou and one of them had long hair? or am I imagining this?

Feb 2, 10 5:16 pm  · 
 · 

puddles, I like it.

re: piano & rogers, it was london in the 70s! I'm sure you could get away with just about anything.

lb, I don't know, I need to see a cross section of that hair bow... but then, who wants to see that? Just like I don't want to see the cross section of the terd on top of Philippe Starck's Asahi Beer building.

Feb 2, 10 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: