Archinect
anchor

Architects in Movies [recent]

BOTS

.......oh and that 2003 if that's recent history?

Mar 11, 09 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

FRAC - you've got me going now I've seen Brad, and not in a good way.

It's all bollocks - the details lurk elsewhere in the discussions but suffice to say Brad gives the profession a bad name. Everything he touches turns to dust.

No Oscar for that shite parable from F Scott Fitzgerald - Forest Gump with A-levels.

and this curse

link

Mar 11, 09 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you can upload circle templates now? awesome. i'm gonna try and upload this lead pointer.

Mar 11, 09 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
bardamu

two from the 80's:

the charmingly low-brow
Three men and a baby.

AND

the hilariously bad Electric Dreams
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087197/plotsummary

Mar 12, 09 11:39 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ooh ooh, Joseph Gordon-Leavitt plays a non-practicing architect in 500 Days of Summer. Good movie.

Aug 9, 09 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
simples

wonderk,,,going to see it tomorrow w/ the mrs...i will have to behave, since i have a major crush on zooey deschannel...

Aug 9, 09 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
asiatic

i heart zooey deschannel...and i'm a chick

Aug 9, 09 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I just saw Julie and Julia. One of the previews was for a movie entitled 'It's Complicated' with Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin. Steve Martin was referred to as the 'weird architect' that falls in love with Meryl. I believe the said the movie would be out near the holidays.

Aug 16, 09 4:23 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Here is what I posted on a thread about this topic from 2005:

There was an episode of E.R. in the first or second season when a schizophrenic kid came in, he was an architecture student but living on the streets of Chicago because he didn't stay on his meds. The cause/fixation of his schizophrenia was his obsession with Louis Sullivan's work. Then the curly-haired woman told him she had just bought a house in some neighborhood and he told her exactly which wall to knock out to find the original but hidden fireplace surround - and he was right, of course. It was actually a very sad and touching story. I could identify with a passion for architecture making you insane. And I thought the actor did a great job.

Thanks to IMDB (and stumbling across the trailer for Untitled) I found the episode and actor: It's Adam Goldberg, in E.R. Season 2 Episode 9 "Home".

Nov 6, 09 11:46 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell
Elyse Keaton* is gay!

Hurray for lesbian architects!

*Well, OK, the actress came out, not the character, but that's what I thought when I saw Ms. Baxter's news.

Dec 2, 09 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
Save Western

I've heard good ol Ashton Kutcher is going to play some kind of architect in a movie I don't know the title of set to come out in the next year or two.

I hope that was vague enough.

Dec 16, 09 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
FLmanatee

500 days of summer

Dec 16, 09 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
parkerd

Steve Martin in it's complicated. He plays Meryl Streep's "nerdy architect".

Dec 16, 09 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle

Woody Harrelson in Indecent Proposal

Dec 16, 09 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

Charles Grodin is an architect in the movie "Clifford".

Dec 16, 09 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

there's of course mike brady

matt dilon pretended he was an architect in there's something about mary

there's a guy in the movie "Singles", not an architect, but I think some kind of planner who worked for the department of transportation... The guy who was trying to create "the Super Train" which was going to revolutionize the commute...

Dec 16, 09 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
Rang
http://www.architexploitation.blogspot.com/

This is a blog I started back in January when I was out of work. Havent had time to update it since early spring, but its a pretty good starting point with 40 entries.r Will note all the other roles I missed and add some when time allows, but its definately a 4-5 hour process just to do one entry. Gotta watch the movies, get the screen shots, etc.

Hope y'all enjoy it.

I also heart Zooey.

Dec 17, 09 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
MAMBO

Don't forget about the architect of the Matrix.

http://magicmafia.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/matrix_architect.gif

He rules all.

Dec 17, 09 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Nice blog, E-Ville, and exhaustive!

Dec 17, 09 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
Save Western

The main guy from Gremlins 2. The movie starts out about a hotshot developer type in some International style, Microsoft-esque 'smart' building and after creaturely hijinks ensue ends with the developer converting to New Urbanism. What more could you want?

Dec 21, 09 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Omar Sadiki in Body of Lies.

Jan 6, 10 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
Canary Trace

I realize this is a TV ad, but it's very cool (and effective IMHO). "We are Jenson Riley, and we are 8 people fast..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXdLkOxJN9I

Jan 7, 10 11:33 am  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor
Mister Glasses
Jan 7, 10 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

the young lady who says, "...files our DSL couldn't download fast enough..."* is a friend of my fiancee's. we were starstruck when i saw this, i tell ya!

*and if that isn't the complaint on the top of every architect's list: "G.D. INTERNET WITH MY ATTACHMENTS MANY FILES AND WHAT NOTS"

Jan 7, 10 1:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: