Archinect
anchor

architecture, technology, magic & war

idiotwind

[img]http://www.nps.gov/history/seac/beneathweb/ch2/f8c.jpg/[img]

Wheels are unnecessary to make spear points.

Do you talk about a paradigm shift in every entry, corell?

Jul 8, 08 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

[img]http://www.nps.gov/history/seac/beneathweb/ch2/f8c.jpg[img]

Jul 8, 08 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

ah

Jul 8, 08 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

"Wheels are unnecessary to make spear points. "
Not from my point of view, the fabrication are very heavily focused on mashines that is the top develobment of the wheel, we has a whole lot of hardware that wouldn't be without the small step develobment starting with the wheel , but everyone who understand a bit of crafts, will know it's inperfection.
Beside please remember that I try deliver something, there I hope you understand, that arguments like blueprints for very possible new technikes ,shuld be answered with arguments being a better suggestion, see it bore me to spend my time with trivial issues -- please understand I am finished with school, I acturly had four profesional projects where each one was an oppotunity any student, would eat his right arm to achive , I am a designer and my designs are not up for discussions -- why shuld I display halve finished or wannabe idears ???

Replacing the worker at the assembly line with a robot, also is a dead-end, not that dead ends is any vorse than realising the build works with a different perception, --- most of my friends are dead-ends -- but atleast realising, what it is made of, will make you wonder, if it realy are such great an advanteage, to use hundreds of not different materials, when one would replace most of them, beside take advanteage of computing, and delivering a span , that would prove as good as made in one piece-- and for once using the computer for what it is best for. --- Offcaurse you can by hand grind even Tianium into a sharp edge , I am a boatsbuilder I know, my cabinet scraber are Titanium, and I sharpen it myself offcaurse as easy as were it a plain stel blade, I am no amature -- but no matter how beautifull a crafts work, no matter what wonders has been made by real craftsmen that you can point to , , you can newer say nothing even better, can not be made by jettison the old technikes and go 3dh.

Go digital in a 3dh way ; you don't know the wonders new methods will deliver, maybe you don't even care if people could suddenly get a house that would be four times the structural capasity , maybe you think I am in this to get my name back why shuld I, I know I allready made a lot of changes --- please look at a corner of a new Street art that was just painted at the fence where I do my images ;

The intire piece are here ;

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/129/billeder8016af3.jpg

Then you ask me why I keep talking about a paragime shift, , -- now knowing nip picking havn't brought one argument that didn't has a social angle , newer unproven a method allready copied but to often misunderstood as just fancy surface, then offacurse I stay talking about a paragime shift -- but not to explain about social issues but to spark real answers, such as what will be better.

See anyone can complain over the color or the tone or the style, but what I perfect has nothing to do with either. So when I stay with paragime shifts it is becaurse I hope that some day, houses will be four times as strong and cost a third beside be made from practical only one material, but that's becaurse I like people.

Jul 8, 08 6:12 pm  · 
 · 

c's references are superb.
Especially good to see Lawrence Durrell in there: his 'Justine', with its incredible insight, blew me away last year.
Luckily I had a magic carpet to blow me back to earth ;-)
Seriously though, the architectural examples point at a way in which late modernism and, indeed, late science can be conceived as explicitly embracing the subjective-objective dynamic.

Jul 8, 08 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
mrtjr

I think the Warburg Institute Library is the only one of its kind that sincerely considers magic, myth, and the occult in the organization of their collection. Instead of placing these topics near religion and history areas or isolated, they are blended (topically) in with the whole collection, so influence of such is understood. It makes a v. interesting browsing library.

late 19 cen, architecture mysticism and myth by william richard lethaby opens up with some with a remarkably similar drawing and passage to some work by the (earth/land) artist Walter de Maria, - more on general formations and beginnings, the nature of evolution and perception, land and myths...

mystical bones (et al) by Mark C. Taylor is gothic, lovely, dead, and smartly written.

magic realism as a sub genre lends many great modernist writers Jorge Luis Borges, like joyce and pynchon loves smoke and mirrors, JLB writes much smaller pieces though.

Jul 17, 08 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

for chrissakes per, if you're going to keep referring to it can you at least take the time to spell it right? it's paradigm, paradigm, paradigm, not "paragime". there's a "digm" at the end, not a "gime". now, i usually try to work through your rough english spelling and interpret it as best i can, but for some reason that one really bugs me.

Jul 17, 08 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

and that will be the last comment on this thread since i am apparently the thread killer.

Jul 17, 08 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

thank you very much

Jul 17, 08 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

i find Per's garbled English quaint . . .

Jul 17, 08 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

"there's a "digm" at the end, not a "gime"" Yes you are right, this language issue, esp the spelling parts of it allway's was a great challance for me. A lot of things was.
And your complain is relevant, true. But to be rude, I will not look for exchouses -- also the problem proberly is that I find these issues . --- how architecture still see the computer as an account tool rather than a tool to calculate the buildig elements individualy and with no reson for a designer , to control if the program realy do the computing -- that issue beside what is still to be catch up, while architecture been in the hands of architects delivering sketches rather than knowing the program core, the functions and calculations, and from that emagine and force the mashin protocol the N.C. codes, to manufactor the individual entities.
Now I love when a hole in a wall realy fit to the window -- modeled in 3D you don't even need to check it will.
But how did I learn the english I can, -- see I learned that from people I met, english blokes who invaded this contry, americans not wanting to go to war, and those discussions in canadian english, in london accent and Irish english , true they did not carry much of a need for a spell checker , but I did correct one guy, telling him in perfect english, that from being an australian, he possed a spetacular vocabular of the english language, -- my problem since has been, that I write with danish accent and expect the same tolerance, I myself are capable of.

Jul 17, 08 2:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: