Archinect
anchor

History of architecture survey course - online???

wittyusername

Hi there. Im wondering if anyone knows of a survey course in the history of architecture that one might able to take online over the summer. Or, if thats not possible, one that is being taught in the Bay Area?

I ask because I'll be attending UCLA in the fall, and before I start the program, I have to take care of an architectural history prerequisite. Any information would help, thanks!

Apr 28, 08 1:30 pm
Jamchar

The only adivice I can give you:
I was an Art/ mostly architectural history major at the Uni of ILL . And I am a current M Arch at Cal Poly Pomona, which is a great and extremely challenging program ( despite what some of the uninformed idiots on here might say). And I had to go through every single class I took and explain how it covered the material, and give grades transcripts, papers, quizzes, notes....etc. My point is that if UCLA is as good a school as it is proclaimed to be Im sure you will endure that same hurdles as me. And One of my classmates got a "B" in their Hisotory of Modern Architecture course so they had to write a 25 page paper in order to waive the course.

In Summary: Most proffesors will likely laugh at an online course and NOT accept it. I know I would.

Apr 29, 08 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
wittyusername

Jamchar-

Thanks for the info. It would be perfectly understandable to expect to have to jump through hoops in order to receive credit for a class that I would normally have to take during the program itself. However, that is not what I am asking about in this post.

I am simply looking for a class to fill an architecture history prerequisite that I am expected to have finished before the start of the program (or during the first year of the program, as a last resort). UCLA requires the same prerequisites for math, physics, and drawing/design. These types of courses are offered all over the place, but I cant find an architectural history class offered during the summer (in the bay area or online) anywhere.

Hope this clears up any misunderstandings. Again, any information would be helpful. Im going to go back to sifting through endless lists of summer courses now.

Apr 29, 08 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
gonzalocáceres

Hey witty, 

Did you ever find out about this course? I’m in the same position as you. Columbia M.Arch program prerequisite 

Mar 23, 24 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
recuerdos__de

Hi, congratulations on getting into UCLA. I am taking an online history of architecture course that meets the prerequisites for UCLA. 

https://cvc.edu/

Try the California Virtual Campus. It's a database of all online classes offered at California Community Colleges. 

Mar 26, 24 2:24 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: