Archinect
anchor

VOTE OBAMA

halleccott251

The GOP are beat this time, they've had 8 years of having it their own way. They have to know in their hearts that it's a Democrat's year.

Obama - US President 2008-??

Nov 2, 08 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

This map shows each state re-sized in proportion to the relative influence of the individual voters who live there. The numbers indicate the total delegates to the Electoral College from each state, and how many eligible voters a single delegate from each state represents.

New York Times
November 2, 2008
How Much Is Your Vote Worth?

Nov 2, 08 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

my vote is worth how ever much the guys with the guns say its worth

Nov 2, 08 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
aking

Should I consider tailgating on election day?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/02/early.voting/index.html

Nov 3, 08 9:21 am  · 
 · 
Elimelech

I am beginning to be more optimistic (guardedly)

New Prediction:
Obama 338 McCain 200

I am SOO done with this campaign, I wish there was a law against multi-year campaigns. The sad thing is that Wednesday it will all start again with Palin, Jindal, Huckabee, Romeny, and the rest de facto beginning their campaign. *barf*

Nov 3, 08 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'm hoping to sit back and enjoy watching a healthy civil war within the GOP. Popcorn, anyone?

Nov 3, 08 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

They never give up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/03/opinion/03kristol.html?th&emc=th

Nov 3, 08 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

problem is the electorate are mostly in the top 5% of the rich the reason our system is so broken and that republicans could even get in in the first place because they serve their 'class' well

Nov 3, 08 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

Out of all the conservative pundits I LOATHE Bill Kristol. He single-handedly shows whats wrong with the country.

Nov 3, 08 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

himself, haha, did you see how red his face turned when he was called out on his lies and blatantly lied more to Jon Stewarts face the other night.

Nov 3, 08 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

My respect for the New York Times took a huge hit when they gave that neocon jackass a column. The NY Post would be a much more appropriate place for Kristol's right-wing drivel.

Nov 3, 08 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
ether
link
Nov 3, 08 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

I'd like the think the Republicans will take the opportunity of the aftermath of this election to take a long, hard look at the fundamental problems and contradictions within their party. Clearly, the unholy union between industrialists and religious fundamentalists that the Republican party has become over the past 30 or so years can't go on forever. But I'm not optimistic that we'll be seeing any significant changes anytime soon. McCain's going to carry the burden for this loss mostly on his own shoulders.

Nov 3, 08 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké
this fucking election

summed up in 250 pixels width

Nov 3, 08 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Barack Obama's grandmother has passed away.

Condolences to the Obama family.

Nov 3, 08 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
blah

I'll be at the Obama Calendar tent in Grant Park tomorrow night if anyone wants to drop by and say hello!

I think fivethirthyeight.com is right.

Obama will win around 340 EVs tomorrow!!!!!

GOTV!

Nov 3, 08 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i would never vote for McCain but i would think about voting McClane! yippie ki aye mother fucker!

Nov 3, 08 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Yes ! Now THERE's a fuckin' "hero". . .

Nov 3, 08 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

VOTE OBAMA!

Nov 4, 08 1:00 am  · 
 · 
Doppelgänger

I did at 6:15

Nov 4, 08 9:17 am  · 
 · 
aking

One Obama vote here in CT (2 if you count my husband)!

Nov 4, 08 9:19 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

well here we go folks... the culmination of 2 years of inseccant political chatter...

i voted this morning

some key polls show bad news in florida and ohio but VA and Penn still look really good.

A win in PA and/or VA pretty much seals it however as McCain wont win any blue states.

i hope...

Nov 4, 08 9:44 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I voted for Obama this morning. Wait time was about 20 minutes, and my experience was uneventful.

The one unique thing about voting in New York is the use of these huge, refrigerator-sized voting machines that were built of cast iron sometime during the Millard Filmore administration. There's something gratifying about pulling that huge metal lever to cast your vote!

Nov 4, 08 9:58 am  · 
 · 
mfrech

i love those old clunkers...in MA there's a little desk on tall legs and you draw lines with a sharpie on a giant index card...not nearly as exciting.

Nov 4, 08 10:03 am  · 
 · 
ether

voted: took less than 5 minutes

Nov 4, 08 10:13 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

LIG, my first time voting here, I loved pulling that lever, there is something uniquely satisfying about it.

No lines at my station either, I was #19 to vote this am. Nader '08!!!*

*kidding

Nov 4, 08 10:20 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

The Stranger's blog, Slog (some ads NreallySFW), is publishing stories from people who have voted.

Ahead of us in line was three-generations of an African American family. It was the first time voting for all three of them. The youngest, who graduated high school last year, was calling his friends and getting them out of bed while we waited in line. He was describing the polling place and giving directions for getting there. After he voted, he had probably the biggest grin I’ve ever seen and the poll workers (all over 65 and white) were shaking his hand and congratulating him for voting. I love voting and vote in every election, but I will never forget seeing his smile and I have a suspicion that I will see him again at the next election.

I'm going to be crying all day, regardless of the outcome, but hopefully it will all be happy tears.

Nov 4, 08 10:53 am  · 
 · 
e

who's excited? i know i am. get out there and show your support people. lb, i hope they are tears of joy too. i'll be right there with you either way.

Nov 4, 08 11:00 am  · 
 · 
SDR

[Reverend Lovejoy, running down the middle of the street and waving his arms over his head]:

"I'ts all ov-er pee-pul. . .we haven't got a pray-err. . .!"

Nov 4, 08 11:14 am  · 
 · 

my 3yo old was very pleased with herself this morning. she thinks she voted for obama. and they gave her a sticker which says 'i voted' so that makes it official, i guess.

Nov 4, 08 11:22 am  · 
 · 
e

Reporter: Governor Palin, who did you vote for?

Governor Palin: I am exercising my right to privacy.

I'm serious. That is what she said.

Nov 4, 08 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Good Lord.

Dan Quayle used to be the idiot, until Bush II came along and made him look like a genius.

Sarah Palin makes Bush II look like a genius, which I didn't think was possible.

It makes me shudder to think who may come along in a few years to make Palin look smart.

Nov 4, 08 11:39 am  · 
 · 
ARKTEK

My 5 year old daughter got to 'vote' Obama in Kindergarten this week.

Nov 4, 08 11:52 am  · 
 · 
e

LIG, no doubt. Her ignorance, or I should say McCain's ignorance, baffles me.

Nov 4, 08 11:53 am  · 
 · 

Voted Obama in Taxachusetts - waited in line for 2 hrs

Nov 4, 08 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Electing a former movie star to the Presidency opened the door for. . .anyone to be nominated, and, apparently, taken seriously as a leader, didn't it ?

Nov 4, 08 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
YES. WE. DID.
Nov 4, 08 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
Nov 4, 08 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT OBAMA.

(I'm so happy to be writing those words.)

Nov 5, 08 12:56 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

told y'all it would be a landslide 'tis 349-159 with 3 states to report

Nov 5, 08 2:14 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?
Reporter: Governor Palin, who did you vote for?

Governor Palin: I am exercising my right to privacy.

I'm serious. That is what she said.

hey 'e' if you think that's a stupid answer then isn't the question just as stupid? does anyone wonder who she voted for, or who obama voted for?

Nov 5, 08 2:17 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

actually, with palin, there is a legit question, as she knew mccain was a sinking ship and if she threw her vote it would make a difference.

it also makes a huge difference in AK

1. mark begich - if MB defeats that a**hat stevens, then the losing VP candidate can't name anyone to stevens seat when he has to relegate it due to his ethics issues (odds are she would have given it to herself)

2. sarah palin is pretty much f*kt in AK due to her own ethics issues, and this will play into her future role w/ republican party.

seriously, tho, if she wants to be the face of the new republican party, i'm all for it. she's a complete piece of uneducated shit, that should never have been elected in the first place. and i say that apologetically.

Nov 5, 08 2:27 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

that and i'll take a hit for e, anyday. somelab represent!

Nov 5, 08 2:29 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

and if this is the future of america...

let me be the first to say, i'm proud to be an american.

Nov 5, 08 3:02 am  · 
 · 
bRink
125,000 people in grant park
Nov 5, 08 11:00 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

According to CNN, the Chicago Police Department estimated at least 200,000 in that crowd.

Nov 5, 08 11:18 am  · 
 · 
e

Seriously Free? The first African American has been elected President of the United State and come here with that? Whatever. Today is a beautiful day.

Nov 5, 08 11:43 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

brooklyn last night (in poor quality)

what an amazing night

Nov 5, 08 11:48 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

what the hell 'e'? you brought it in here first - you could've put it in the Sarah Palin???? thread ..

Nov 5, 08 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
e

And that would have made all the difference to you? If so, my bad. You are right. I should have posted it there. Apologies. Enjoy the glorious day.

Nov 5, 08 1:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: