anchor

Plant Identification Thread!

Antisthenes

Canada has a version that climatically adapted

Nov 20, 08 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
Daniel Ashworth, Jr.

LB,

It should be fine to put them in the ground and mulch, even though it is cold. I believe this is called heeling-in.

Daniel, RLA

Nov 20, 08 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

anyone know what kind of tree this is? there's one in my neighborhood and i saw a bunch in the palm springs area so i'm hoping they're good for desert/arid locations. the bark is very green and it has a nice feathery look.

Mar 27, 09 12:33 pm  · 
 · 

this is a wayward plant i found three years ago in the trash. recently it opened this intense daisy like flowers and these hardy flowers have been there for more than a month and still opening new ones. it is like a cactus gave birth to daisies. it is beautiful. bees love it. you can see the relationship from the shadow.

Mar 27, 09 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

FRaC- first impression/guess is a cottonwood. but that's the youngest specimen I've seen, cottonwoods always seem to be ancient gnarled giants when I've spotted them in the past.

Orhan - that's out of this world.

Mar 27, 09 2:02 pm  · 
 · 

it sure is... flowers appear to be rubber like when close up. i am tempted to boil and drink it when it starts to dry out. who knows?

Mar 27, 09 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
Apr 7, 10 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

:)

Opium Poppies

Apr 7, 10 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

my mystery tree is a palo verde tree, most likely a 'little leaf' a.k.a. 'foothills' palo verde. thanks arizona plant lady !!

Apr 7, 10 2:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: